Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamesHP

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2010
Manchester, UK
People are asking JL about the state of play on twitter - this is their response.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 08.41.03.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 08.41.03.png
    46 KB · Views: 218

svgn

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2018
Every year this happens, frantically refreshing pages on websites, Apple store allow in store pick up for all of 10 minutes. It’s becoming tiring and a frustrating experience.
it should not be so complicated to get them to take our money

Reactions: darthbane2k

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
Vodafone order update: Received a text saying thank you for upgrading, your upgrade is complete.

No tracking number and order ID still saying invalid :rolleyes:

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
it should not be so complicated to get them to take our money
It’s stressful isn’t it? And it shouldn’t be. This is an absolute joke, John Lewis have stock, just allow orders dammit. I assume they WANT disorderly queues outside their stores and then are quick to complain when it gets out of hand.
Apple are the same, really? No In store pick up at all? At any store? In the entire country? Have they completely sold out, of course not, but want to put the customers through the stress of queuing unnecessarily.
This used to be fun back in the day when I was younger, had more energy and Apple used to buy us free pizza, but now I hate it. Absolutely hate it,

Reactions: svgn

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
That JL tweet must be wrong. Called JL and they can't do anything until tomorrow they say.

JL stores won't do anything until tomorrow for items in stock in stores. ordering for collection is centrally handled - JL Stores won't know about it until a parcel arrives from the warehouse for you to pick up (at any JL or waitrose)

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Anyone seen any movement with Stormfront? I must admit, considering they are an official Apple reseller, they are woefully poor in my local store.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
...those of you who have pre-ordered, have any of you decided on any kind of screen protection for your new watches?

I had a Spigen crystal clear on my S0 42mm Apple Watch - its still on there now and has done a great job of protecting the screen.

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
Anyone seen any movement with Stormfront? I must admit, considering they are an official Apple reseller, they are woefully poor in my local store.
Called my local, they weren’t even sure if they would have stock tomorrow
[doublepost=1537431395][/doublepost]
...those of you who have pre-ordered, have any of you decided on any kind of screen protection for your new watches?

I had a Spigen crystal clear on my S0 42mm Apple Watch - its still on there now and has done a great job of protecting the screen.
Screen protection is a complete waste of time for a watch

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London

Absolutely not necessary. Even on my aluminium, I have not had any issues.

Even when I'm banging and clanging.

Reactions: Dino F and Malcster

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
If it helps any, my series 0 alu (so only toughened glass) has never had a screen protector and is virtually blemish free after 3+ years.
Same! Had a S0 for three years now. Never had any protection on it and it only has a few very minor scuffs around the face. Hoping to hold on to this S4 for a long time too!

Reactions: Dino F and Malcster

profmjh

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2015
UK

I would rather have my testicles beaten wafer-thin than destroy the stunning beauty of an Apple Watch by pointlessly covering its literally rock-hard, scratch-proof sapphire screen with some ugly, clumsy piece of tat.

It would be like making your underwear-modelling girlfriend wear a bag over her head so that her face isn’t scarred forever should a bug fly into it.

Etiene

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2011
Amsterdam
I won't be so florid as profmatt, but I will agree that a screen protector is entirely pointless. My S0 SS is prefect as far as I can tell, even after all these years.

I've dented the steel itself through dropping onto the very edge of a toughened glass table - though I kinda like it now time has softened the edges of the damage. The screen is practically indestructible.

Reactions: profmjh

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
Can anyone confirm whether the series 4 LTE models are same for the US and the UK?
They are definitely different. If you look here you will see there are two sets of ‘internals’ for each watch size with LTE. The US model 44 is A1976 whilst the UK 44 is A2007. They support different radio bands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.