Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tim7

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2009
Gravesend, Kent, UK
Doing that will show you the stocks that are available for online reservation for pick up later the same day.
Thanks! I now have it set to notify me if any SS 44 watches appear in Bluewater or Lakeside stores. I will also be waking up at 6am to see if I can reserve one for pickup tomorrow!

Reactions: svgn

SamBGB

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2018
Thanks! I now have it set to notify me if any SS 44 watches appear in Bluewater or Lakeside stores. I will also be waking up at 6am to see if I can reserve one for pickup tomorrow!

Someone else recommended to wake up at 6am and when I checked this morning no stores seemed to have any stock. It was only around 9am - 11am I started to see stock appearing around various places in the country.

Reactions: Tim7

Tim7

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2009
Gravesend, Kent, UK
Someone else recommended to wake up at 6am and when I checked this morning no stores seemed to have any stock. It was only around 9am - 11am I started to see stock appearing around various places in the country.
It was the guy in the apple store that told me 6am is when the stock appears on the system. But I had the same as you this morning I checked at 6am and nothing, then checked at 8:10am and there was a couple of watches around. Maybe it’s actually 8am it goes live?

SamBGB

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2018
It was the guy in the apple store that told me 6am is when the stock appears on the system. But I had the same as you this morning I checked at 6am and nothing, then checked at 8:10am and there was a couple of watches around. Maybe it’s actually 8am it goes live?

Makes more sense if the staff arrive around then to make sure the store is ready for opening at 9am.

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
I feel lucky to have got my SS S4 at launch considering dates for new customers have now slipped to end of October - early November, I wonder if Apple expected it to be this popular?

quirkovski

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
my 44mm SG wifi watch that I ordered on Saturday morning for collection Sunday (which was quickly cancelled due to stock by John Lewis) has now dispatched. Info is still showing as a sunday 23rd store pick up so hard to tell if I will be able to collect it later on today or tomorrow. It was dispatched at 03:03 this morning.

Milhaus79

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2018
I went on around 1PM yesterday and managed to reserve a 44mm SS with White Sports Band for pickup at 3pm at Glasgow Buchanan St. Picked that up and cancelled my 1-8 Oct order. There was nothing available earlier in the day. All very casual.

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004
Argos have some 44mm Alu in stock it seems if anyone is looking.

Ordered a 44mm SG for pickup after 4pm today.

erpetao

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2011
Here's my story. I didn't pre-order as I was not sure about the sizes and I wanted to see them and try them in the shop. Went on Sunday to have a look, I liked the bigger size, asked for stock and they were all out (Apple Store Watford). I went home and placed an order online, it said 3-4 weeks (end of October).

So looking at this thread I saw yesterday that there was new stock coming in for pickup, and I managed to reserve a 44mm silver Aluminium in Watford, picked it up yesterday! Wow that saved me a month waiting for it! (and plus UPS would probably miss me and I'd have to drive to the depo (not close from me), adding extra days and hassle.

I would encourage everyone to check for local stock in the shops if your order delivery date is weeks away. :)

truesepho

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2014
My watch being delivered today between 4:20 and 5:20 :(
It's going to be a loooooooong day, hoping that they don't postpone it for some reason...

SamBGB

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2018
I've been very lucky in that I managed to get some store stock yesterday for Al SG 44mm Cel and this morning managed to get my wife a Al silver 44mm Cel.

svgn

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2018
The JL app shows 1 available 44mm SS with white sport band in Brent Cross.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
My SBSS has to go back as there is a gap along the bottom of the glass and the casing. Apple are saying its not within tolerance levels and are shipping a priority replacement to me. Apparently quite a few people have the same problem so looks like manufacturing issue...have to be a few that aren't quite perfect I guess.

gazzrenn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Blackpool, UK
Once you have the watch ring them up asking to pair it to your account. They should ask for the watches IMEI and EID and they will pair it to your account. I had to leave mine overnight while they updated my account to a OneNumber one but it’s been working great since.

Excellent, thank you!

I’m loving the cellular feature, I’m not allowed my phone in work and has to be left in my car or locker but I’m allowed my watch anywhere;)

Haha! :cool:

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
My SBSS has to go back as there is a gap along the bottom of the glass and the casing. Apple are saying its not within tolerance levels and are shipping a priority replacement to me. Apparently quite a few people have the same problem so looks like manufacturing issue...have to be a few that aren't quite perfect I guess.

Did you have to ship it back first?

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
I pre ordered a SS silver 44m with white sport band about 8:05am when it went live. I have delivery window of 1st - 8th October and still Processing.

Just been to Apple Lakeside but no stock, tried Bluewater yesterday also no stock. Will keep trying at 6am every morning!

I’m in a similar order. SS Black with Black Milanese Loop.
Ordered same time 08:07am for delivery 1-8 Oct. Still says Processing.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Did you have to ship it back first?
Well its a little vague as the order is showing as being processed but I have 5 working days to ship the watch back before they will activate shipment. So I guess that its in the build queue with my name on it but wont be released for delivery until UPS pick up mine. Its that the point that UPS pick it up that will trigger shipment.

Anyone know any different?
[doublepost=1537960181][/doublepost]
Excellent, thank you!

Haha! :cool:
Cellular is brilliant. I took a call yesterday and my watch rang. I picked up the call, spoke for a couple of minutes and because it was private, I then walked over to my phone to make sure it was in range and handed the call off to my phone and used my phone from that point onwards.

Reactions: Mr.C and Beards

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Snagged a gold stainless with Milanese when one popped up this morning to replace my space black that has a dead pixel. Crafty tactics from Apple, upselling me to a more expensive band by giving me a dodgy screen.

Reactions: Mr.C and Jinjin
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.