Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I just cancelled my SS44 sport band order because after much super late trying on I've realised I really prefer the SB, so if your SS44 sport band order suddenly ships slightly earlier you might have me to thank ;). Really hoping my new shipping estimate is conservative, 25 October to 1st of November now..

Last edited:

Guv280984

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2008
Norn Iron
Been keeping a close eye for a SS SG 44mm here in Belfast. Apple order is not due until 25th Oct-1st Nov. Gold appeared today so might try and call into the store tomorrow incase they haven't showed online as yet... Can't wait a whole month to get one!

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
The gold with Milanese will be a bit much to wear all the time... but no dead pixels is always a bonus. :cool:

IMG_0017.jpg IMG_0016.jpg

fonemio

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
I have a SS 44mm Cellular that I was hoping to swap at a store in London for a BlackSS of the same spec. Not yet any luck. Anyone here happen to be in the same situation looking for the viceversa of me? Perhaps we could swap? Thanks

Dingo Dave 69

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
My local apple store had the stainless steel in stock. It had arrived 20 mins before I went in so good timing. Picked it up and cancelled my online order. The stainless steel is really nice, really good premium feel to it.

Reactions: hop

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Still no SS in my local shops. May as well just wait for my pre order one to arrive next week. Although that’s still processing.

I decided not to bother wasting my time and efforts this year chasing shops stock. With my online order in I’m happy to sit back and wait.
With an online order of 1st-8th October I reckon mine will be shipping either this Friday/Saturday with a delivery for Monday.

rossy100

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2011
Anyone found anywhere (UK) selling official Apple straps at discounted prices? (Eg prior year sport strap colours/leather straps)?

Reactions: fonemio

steggerwoof

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
Liverpool, England
I've just ordered a cellular 44mm silver aluminium with seashell sport loop, they have it in stock at Liverpool, going to pick it up at 10:30!!

Haven't had an Apple Watch since the Series 2, which my son now has, so I'm very excited :)

Reactions: Dino F and Tim7

GC251114

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2015
Just walked into Norwich Apple store for 4th morning on bounce & still no deliveries of 44 Aluminium Cellular SG.

Have a few ugly gold aluminium & silver aluminium in GPS & Cellular.

Tried the Silver with the different bands that I have to see if I was happy with it.

I wasn’t. I’d be spending £529 & just living with my decision rather than being happy.

So we keep on looking.

Cheers

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
Contemplating returning my SG aluminium and getting a Silver SS for durability. Just double checking though, you can use the cellular version without a cellular plan? Three don't support the watch so I'd be paying the premium just for SS.

svgn

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2018
Contemplating returning my SG aluminium and getting a Silver SS for durability. Just double checking though, you can use the cellular version without a cellular plan? Three don't support the watch so I'd be paying the premium just for SS.
Yes, you can use a cellular watch without an activated cellular plan.

Reactions: azing

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
Got a Nike version still processing with delivery from the 8/10-15/10 but finding it really hard not to go and pick up a Watch today from Regent St, got one in my bag on the app, what to do what to do!!!!!!

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
Vodafone still haven’t fixed things?

Other than EE not mentioning you can’t add a data plan with WiFi enabled on your phone it was smooth sailing for my watch.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK

Yes, you can use a cellular watch without an activated cellular plan.

I thought so, thanks! Gunna pop by the Apple store and try the SS on to make my mind up.

I've done exactly this with my 44mm Space Black S4 watch. Totally bored with the Space Grey colour of my S0 and really don't want the same colour again. I contemplated the silver colour but I think that kinda limits you to the colour of the bands so decided to go for the Space Black (didn't want the Stainless Steel).

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Vodafone still haven’t fixed things?

Other than EE not mentioning you can’t add a data plan with WiFi enabled on your phone it was smooth sailing for my watch.

Not entirely sure but I think it isn't helping that I have multiple lines on my account. My wife was primary, then they updated my line to be primary but now there are TWO primary lines and the watch line as secondary.

I think finally its been escalated so hopefully will get sorted. The CS annoying keeps asking to call me back which is a PITA during the work day, and keep emphasising 'no need to call us, we'll call you' - i.e. stop bothering us :p

Not like I'm even going to use it, just want the thing I ordered to be set up properly.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
I've got a Nike dated 5th October. I'm counting down the days...

Left it too late, had one bagged but now unavailable, back to the waiting game.

To be honest I couldn't be bothered going to Regent St anyway.
[doublepost=1538048724][/doublepost]
I'm currently waiting on this:

View attachment 789534

:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::p

How annoying, bet they wont ship it until the 1st, hope not though for your sake.

Reactions: Dino F
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.