Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
My SS SB 44mm watch is now preparing for dispatch. Hopefully I'll have it Monday/Tuesday next week.

Proves the 1st Oct - 8th October estimate was bang on.
[doublepost=1538118980][/doublepost]
Decisions decisions, EE, Vodafone or stay with 3 and don’t use cellular on my phone

I have SIM free contracts with both networks & I find them both excellent. EE does a little better for outdoor use & they seem to have excellent coverage in very busy areas (think Wembley stadium, Emirates stadium etc) whereas Vodafone can sometimes struggle.

EE & Vodafone both have invested heavily in their networks so you can't go wrong with either, although obviously do your homework regarding coverage at your home & place of work etc before you commit to either.
[doublepost=1538119119][/doublepost]
Just be aware that EE and Vodafone supposedly have the lowest satisfaction ratings according to Which, don’t know if it’s true but letting you know.

They have the most customers so of course more people will complain & lower their ratings. Some idiots take out a contract without thinking if they have good coverage where they live etc, then have the cheek to blame the network if they can't make or receive calls.

All networks are very transparent about their coverage so it always pays to check before switching.

Reactions: hop and Mr.C

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
My SS SB 44mm watch is now preparing for dispatch. Hopefully I'll have it Monday/Tuesday next week.

Proves the 1st Oct - 8th October estimate was bang on.
Snap..... Mine has just gone to Preparing for Dispatch as well.
This tallies with what I said yesterday; I was not concerned about why it remained stuck at Processing as I expected it to change to Preparing with a delivery for Monday.

Reactions: Mr.C

Guv280984

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2008
Norn Iron
Still zero sign of any stock of SS SB in the UK... Checking patiently everyday as I cannot wait until end of October on my order. Might have to pull the plug on a SS Gold instead. Not sure what to do!

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I'm still torn over which watch to get....?!!!:confused::confused:

I do have this on pre-order:

upload_2018-9-28_9-54-8.png

...but really in two minds whether the price tag is worth it for the Space Black seeing that I won't be using the watche's extra cellular functionality?!

My original choice was this one:

upload_2018-9-28_9-54-47.png

...as posted by @steggerwoof above but really can't decide if I want this silver colour or a stainless steel one!!!!

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-28_9-51-50.png
    upload_2018-9-28_9-51-50.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 84

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK

View attachment 789910

...but really in two minds whether the price tag is worth it for the Space Black seeing that I won't be using the watche's extra cellular functionality?!

View attachment 789911

...as posted by @steggerwoof above but really can't decide if I want this silver colour or a stainless steel one!!!!

I'd take (and did take) SS over Alu. I wasn't going to use the cellular but moved to EE so I am, but that's down to the price saving on my tariff rather than specifically for cellular features. I was originally v happy to not have cellular. I've always had the silver SS and am happy with the more durable screens, that I can polish out any scratches from the case, and that all my classic buckles, with silver SS lugs, match it perfectly.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
My 44mm Stainless Steel Cellular with White Sport band for Oct. 1st to Oct. 8th delivery is also now showing as preparing for dispatch. I have been constantly checking the Apple and iStock sites the past few days with no luck of getting one earlier. I’m just going to stick with my original order now. :)

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
My watch is now back with Apple so I presume that on my replacement order status "Ships to the original address once the carrier collects your return." must be on its way even though i have a delivery date of 25th October.

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008

View attachment 789910

View attachment 789911

If you've got an Apple store anywhere near you I'd recommend just going there and having an extended try-on session with different bands, taking pictures etc. It's also about whether you care about the sapphire display being almost unscratchable - I've got an original SS S0 and while the SS is a little scratched because it's SS and that happens to all of it (sure I could polish it out but can't be bothered), the sapphire is still flawless.

Reactions: Mr.C and Dino F

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I'd take (and did take) SS over Alu. I wasn't going to use the cellular but moved to EE so I am, but that's down to the price saving on my tariff rather than specifically for cellular features. I was originally v happy to not have cellular. I've always had the silver SS and am happy with the more durable screens, that I can polish out any scratches from the case, and that all my classic buckles, with silver SS lugs, match it perfectly.

...so did EE give you a discount then for having both an iPhone tariff AND a Watch tariff?

Wonder if I could make any saving on my current iPhone tariff @ £16.99 a month (unlimited texts and calls and 10Gb data) with EE if I also took out a watch tariff?

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
...so did EE give you a discount then for having both an iPhone tariff AND a Watch tariff?

Wonder if I could make any saving on my current iPhone tariff @ £16.99 a month (unlimited texts and calls and 10Gb data) with EE if I also took out a watch tariff?

They didn't give me a specific discount for having the phone and the watch on the same contract.

I was still using my old O2 Refresh Tariff as I wanted the data sharing. I had 30GB I shared between my phone and an iPad SIM and it was costing me £46 a month.

I took a 40GB SIMO on EE which was £25 a month on offer, and a 5GB SIMO for my iPad which was £13 a month. For every device (except apple watch) you add to your account you save 10% anyway, so I would save £1.30 a month on the iPad SIM. However, I get a corporate discount of 20% which applied to the whole thing, so I pay £30.40 a month (£38 - 20%).

So this alone saves me £15 a month, and with EE I can gift data from my 40GB to my iPad should I need to.

I then added the watch for £5 a month.... 6 months unlimited data, and then it's own 10GB of data from 6 months onwards. I also got an additional 1GB a month bonus from EE added to my iPad SIM, which is a "boost" you get for adding additional devices too :)

All in all, well worth it for me.

Reactions: Dino F and Mr.C

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Yes mine was also dispatched today from China for delivery this Monday. I do find it hard to believe it will get here all the way from there by Monday even by UPS.

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
I was so lucky to grab one last weekend from Argos on same day. Keep checking all the major stores stock guys and when you do get one will love it.

thomyorke68

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2018
I was so lucky to grab one last weekend from Argos on same day. Keep checking all the major stores stock guys and when you do get one will love it.

They don't have the Stainless Steel one though! Seems like no one does and even the ones that do (Like John Lewis) don't have it in stock :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.