Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
They don't have the Stainless Steel one though! Seems like no one does and even the ones that do (Like John Lewis) don't have it in stock :(
Spent a fortune on S0 model of Apple Watch. Wish I had not as the cheaper models just as good and last long if looked after. Resell value was quite poor also.

thomyorke68

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2018
Spent a fortune on S0 model of Apple Watch. Wish I had not as the cheaper models just as good and last long if looked after. Resell value was quite poor also.

Yeah, I got the aluminium S2 in 2016, but this time I want the stainless steel with Milanese loop as it’s more premium (plus the stainless steel body will match my iPhone XS!).

You’re right about resale value - currently I’m getting £65 for my S2 lol

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
Yeah, I got the aluminium S2 in 2016, but this time I want the stainless steel with Milanese loop as it’s more premium (plus the stainless steel body will match my iPhone XS!).

You’re right about resale value - currently I’m getting £65 for my S2 lol
Have you checked musicmagpie? I sold my s0 sport for £80 with them! Got the money in my bank the same day they received it.

thomyorke68

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2018
Have you checked musicmagpie? I sold my s0 sport for £80 with them! Got the money in my bank the same day they received it.

Seems like I can get £120 for it, but now I have to pack everything up and send it haha. Not sure if it’s worth the extra £55. Plus they require that my watch band must have very little wear & tear, but it has faded a little bit so i guess they might knock off some value off it. So I’m not sure maybe it’s better to give it to Apple and have the value applied towards my new S4 instantly no need to worry about sending the watch and stuff

Tim7

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2009
Gravesend, Kent, UK
Movement started.

Attachments

• 57E2CC32-6BE0-4406-9D2B-4272B14CB0D8.jpeg
    57E2CC32-6BE0-4406-9D2B-4272B14CB0D8.jpeg
    806.2 KB · Views: 137
Reactions: Beards

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Excellent! Do you think we’ll get a specific delivery time slot on Monday?

If you sign up to UPS My Choice Tim you get timely updates with a delivery slot.
Personally I’m not too bothered but have added my email address so they can contact me if there are any issues.
It’s all on the UPS Tracking Details web page.

ca$hout

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2016
have a funny feeling, I may get let down by JL again, this time used my Santander instead of Monzo, have received an email saying it has been processed but when I track package it just says order received.

captpicar

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2015
Scotland
Is it just me, or has there been just a few extra watches shipped into the UK this last week?

I keep checking the stores close to me for a SS 44 Black watch. Haven't seen any in the Glasgow stores.

tehn00p

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2011
Speaking of resale values, I had a milanese s2 which cost £750 and trade in value now is about £150 haha, very steep depreciation. I also have my s0 too, im just keeping my watches.

Music magpie was great with my phone trade in though. I sold them a 7+ and X for a total of £975 with a 10% extra voucher. They paid me the same day it was received, no hassle.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
They didn't give me a specific discount for having the phone and the watch on the same contract.

I was still using my old O2 Refresh Tariff as I wanted the data sharing. I had 30GB I shared between my phone and an iPad SIM and it was costing me £46 a month.

I took a 40GB SIMO on EE which was £25 a month on offer, and a 5GB SIMO for my iPad which was £13 a month. For every device (except apple watch) you add to your account you save 10% anyway, so I would save £1.30 a month on the iPad SIM. However, I get a corporate discount of 20% which applied to the whole thing, so I pay £30.40 a month (£38 - 20%).

So this alone saves me £15 a month, and with EE I can gift data from my 40GB to my iPad should I need to.

I then added the watch for £5 a month.... 6 months unlimited data, and then it's own 10GB of data from 6 months onwards. I also got an additional 1GB a month bonus from EE added to my iPad SIM, which is a "boost" you get for adding additional devices too :)

All in all, well worth it for me.

So have I got this correct - if you already own an Apple Watch S4 or are buying it elsewhere other than from EE, it’s only £5 a month for a watch contract?

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
So have I got this correct - if you already own an Apple Watch S4 or are buying it elsewhere other than from EE, it’s only £5 a month for a watch contract?

Yep. I bought my watch from Apple. In the watch app you go into Mobile Data, select EE, it asks you to login to your EE account and agree to some stuff and then that’s it. £5 a month.

Reactions: Dino F

Tim7

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2009
Gravesend, Kent, UK
If you sign up to UPS My Choice Tim you get timely updates with a delivery slot.
Personally I’m not too bothered but have added my email address so they can contact me if there are any issues.
It’s all on the UPS Tracking Details web page.
Ah cool. I have signed up with them already so will check the app on Monday! If I know a time slot I may be able to pop back home for an hour to take delivery!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.