Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steggerwoof

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
Liverpool, England
I've just ordered a cellular 44mm silver aluminium with seashell sport loop, they have it in stock at Liverpool, going to pick it up at 10:30!!

Haven't had an Apple Watch since the Series 2, which my son now has, so I'm very excited :)

Loving this, wasn't sure about the strap but it feels really comfortable against my wrist.
I'll test out Strava later this evening.

apple watch.jpg

victoriani

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2013
Hertfordshire, UK
Not entirely sure but I think it isn't helping that I have multiple lines on my account. My wife was primary, then they updated my line to be primary but now there are TWO primary lines and the watch line as secondary.

I think finally its been escalated so hopefully will get sorted. The CS annoying keeps asking to call me back which is a PITA during the work day, and keep emphasising 'no need to call us, we'll call you' - i.e. stop bothering us :p

Not like I'm even going to use it, just want the thing I ordered to be set up properly.

I have cellular on my watch now. It took a bit of doing but I finally contacted the Twitter team and they set it up for me. It works brilliantly. Contact them on Twitter. They seem to know what they are doing compared to the chat and 191 teams.

Dingo Dave 69

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
I am currently with three but thinking of changing so I can use cellular on my watch. How do Vodafone and EE compare? Anyone switched from 3? Did it take long to get sorted?

I notice a lot on my phone I can hear the person at the other end but they can’t hear me. I have to end the call and start a new one. Is that likely to be a problem with three?

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I am currently with three but thinking of changing so I can use cellular on my watch. How do Vodafone and EE compare? Anyone switched from 3? Did it take long to get sorted?

I notice a lot on my phone I can hear the person at the other end but they can’t hear me. I have to end the call and start a new one. Is that likely to be a problem with three?

In my experience EE are faster outside and support Appley features quickly, but Vodafone's lower frequency means that unlike when I was with EE, I still get a signal inside buildings and they're still pretty fast, and they support WiFi Calling and VoLTE, if not Visual Voicemail.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
In my experience EE are faster outside and support Appley features quickly, but Vodafone's lower frequency means that unlike when I was with EE, I still get a signal inside buildings and they're still pretty fast, and they support WiFi Calling and VoLTE, if not Visual Voicemail.

Voda don't have Visual Voicemail??? :eek:

Dingo Dave 69

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007

Decisions decisions, EE, Vodafone or stay with 3 and don’t use cellular on my phone

no1gooner

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2016

Attachments

• DB67B477-E7BA-438B-9DAA-F5CD56C704C3.png
    DB67B477-E7BA-438B-9DAA-F5CD56C704C3.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 159
  • 7F1EDDF8-9F14-4064-B66D-78707F901B54.jpeg
    7F1EDDF8-9F14-4064-B66D-78707F901B54.jpeg
    472.8 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: c14nhl

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
What watch are you waiting for. A lot of online orders seem to be shipped ahead of time

Space Grey aluminium 40mm with sports loop, original got back to them on Wednesday and up till then the date was 15th to the 22nd, that was bad enough, now added a week. They really should be holding a small amount of stock for quick replacements.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Space Grey aluminium 40mm with sports loop, original got back to them on Wednesday and up till then the date was 15th to the 22nd, that was bad enough, now added a week. They really should be holding a small amount of stock for quick replacements.
Yeah i know what you mean but i thought they made replacements a priority. I returned my SBSS 4m because of a defect with the casing. Apple told me that a soon as they receive my watch they will ship the replacement. My delivery date says the 25th October so we shall see

c14nhl

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2008
Edinburgh
Should say mine a 44mm.

Exciting to see movement.

I popped into the Glasgow store on Tuesday after work and was told 1 44mm silver SS with Sport Band had been delivered and sold pretty much instantly!

Not long to wait I guess. Have my Max but was far more excited for the Watch upgrade as went from the X to Xs Max but going Series 0 to 4.

Reactions: no1gooner

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Just returned my unopened SS SB 44mm watch to the brum store. Changed my mind and wanted silver SS instead

Heh, that's my local store and the watch I want. Wonder if it'll go back on sale ASAP or have to go through a process to check it first.

ca$hout

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2016
How does the reservation system work? Do i have to collect within a certain time? Or if im lucky can i reserve to collect at end of day?

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
Er, you know it doesn't literally show you the message as text right? Just means you don't need to call and get a list of them: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201436
Imagine if Siri transcribed your voicemails for you though… now that’d be a personal assistant!
[doublepost=1538115160][/doublepost]Now the hunt begins for a 44mm stainless steel with sport band. It was available for a while at my local store earlier this week but I was still uncertain (and didn’t have the wife’s approval).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.