Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

svgn

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2018
Just picked up a space black 44mm at John Lewis Regent Street they had 4 I got the last one
I hate you a little bit, not too much, just a little bit. :D I saw them in the morning, but couldn't make it just by 30 minutes and they were gone. I also placed an order for a silver SS one to collect tomorrow. I really hope they don't messed it up again. My first order for SG Alu (ordered on 23 sept) now says dispatched, which I'll cancel. I want that SS, even it is not a black one.
[doublepost=1538224470][/doublepost]
Did you ask them in store? I know online it’s out of stock, but I’ve heard in store stock is different from online stock
You can check the store stock in their mobile app.

svgn

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2018
How do you do that on the mobile app? Ignore that....just found it
Open the watch you want and scroll down to:

IMG_4887.jpg

Reactions: Bazooka-joe

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
You can only add the watch to an existing EE contract. It can't be the ONLY thing you have with them. So you'll need an EE SIMO in your iPhone.

Ok, so I already have a SIM only plan with EE (£16.99 a month with 10GB Data, Unlimited Calls and Texts) on my iPhone XS.

When I get my S4 Watch do I still need to call them or can I just set up the Watch contract from the Watch itself? Apologies for the noob questions as never done this before!

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Ok, so I already have a SIM only plan with EE (£16.99 a month with 10GB Data, Unlimited Calls and Texts) on my iPhone XS.

When I get my S4 Watch do I still need to call them or can I just set up the Watch contract from the Watch itself? Apologies for the noob questions as never done this before!

All from the watch. Don’t have to call them. No worries for the questions dude

Reactions: Mr.C and Dino F

MagicTorch

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2007
UK
I am after a 40mm Space Black & have one on order (with Sport Band), but it is not due for delivery until 23rd/30th October. If I can pick one up at an Apple Store or John Lewis sooner, I will cancel my order with Apple.

Anyway, as I was passing, I called into the Apple Store in Liverpool earlier today & asked the store assistant to check if they had any 40mm Space Black in stock - assumed that the answer would be ‘we have no stock’, as I have been checking reservation availability every day from 6a.m & throughout the day, but have yet to see a 40mm Space Black available to reserve in any store. To my surprise, they did have a 40mm Space Black in stock, but only with the Milanese Loop. I was tempted to snap up the Watch there & then, but I already have a Black Milanese Loop (which, to be honest, I have never really liked after it scratched my Series 0 SS)...additionally, I like the new Black Sport Band, which is lighter than my original Black Sport Band....plus, I would be paying £100 more than I was planning to pay (although I guess I could have sold the Milanese Loop on eBay, especially as the strap is now packaged separate to the watch). So I guess I will just have to keep checking Apple Reservations & John Lewis stock daily (hourly!)....but if anyone is in the North West & is after a 40mm Space Black with Milanese Loop, Liverpool store might be the place to head to

thomyorke68

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2018
Just checked Apple Regent Street, CompuB Selfridges and John Lewis in central London - they don’t have any S4 in stainless steel!

steggerwoof

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
Liverpool, England

Just make sure when you pair the watch to your phone you have wifi turned off.
I didn't so had to reset and start again.

Reactions: Dino F and MrGimper

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
Is the gold SS as hard to come by as the space black? I’ve lucky in being able to pick mine up on release day in store even after I placed the order after reserving my Xs

Kal El

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2008
Sunderland, UK
Grrrrrr PC World/Currys.

Just happened to check online on Thursday night and they had the SG 44 Sports Loop showing in stock. I can buy gift cards through our work portal at a discount so quickly did that and placed my order for delivery to my local store. Showed it would be delivered by 5pm Saturday night.

That works for me as I am away at the caravan for the weekend so will be ready waiting for me when I get back Sunday.

Only not had any confirmation that it’s arrived yet. They better be ready for my wrath when I get home tomorrow if it’s not there waiting for me in store

Reactions: thomyorke68

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
The frustrating thing is that it seems so easy to get aluminium models from virtually everywhere and in the last they have been the mainstream model and the biggest seller but SS models are currently virtually non-exsistent accords the globe. I am wondering if Apple will ramp up production for the SS variants to try and meet demand

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
Looking for a 44 Space Black sports band in London and cannot find one. Checking stock daily and have iStockNow alerts set up! Nothing.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Looking for a 44 Space Black sports band in London and cannot find one. Checking stock daily and have iStockNow alerts set up! Nothing.
....and the order/delivery dates continue to slip backwards on the app...Fresh orders for SSSB now 30th October to 6th November. They just cant keep up with demand

svgn

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2018
I just received email from JL that my order is ready to collect. Can I go to collect it now or I have to wait till 2pm?

Tim7

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2009
Gravesend, Kent, UK
If you sign up to UPS My Choice Tim you get timely updates with a delivery slot.
Personally I’m not too bothered but have added my email address so they can contact me if there are any issues.
It’s all on the UPS Tracking Details web page.
Just had notification from UPS that package will be delivered tomorrow. Doesn’t show a time though, just says by “end of day”.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.