Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Just had notification from UPS that package will be delivered tomorrow. Doesn’t show a time though, just says by “end of day”.

Not yet for me Tim. I had one yesterday from them which said the same. All I know so far is they are about to leave Dubai.

MagicTorch

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2007
UK
I just received email from JL that my order is ready to collect. Can I go to collect it now or I have to wait till 2pm?

Whenever I have ordered to collect from JL, the order has always been available to collect from around 10a.m - 11a.m...if they have sent you a text/email confirming order is ready, you are fine to collect immediately. Think the default 2p.m time is JL just being cautious.

Reactions: Mr.C and svgn

thomyorke68

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2018
Massive unavailability of SS Milanese Loop in this country. Been checking JL and Apple Store app every few hours but no luck. Even set up Telegram notifications for iStockNow, but nothing so far.

I didn’t know so many people are willing to drop £799+ on a smart watch...

Guv280984

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2008
Norn Iron
Massive unavailability of SS Milanese Loop in this country. Been checking JL and Apple Store app every few hours but no luck. Even set up Telegram notifications for iStockNow, but nothing so far.

I didn’t know so many people are willing to drop £799+ on a smart watch...

Stock has been severely limited. I picked one up in Belfast on Friday but I really wanted the SB but ended up with Gold

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
Well I’ve had a hectic morning. Got to the Newcastle store to see if they had any silver stainless steel. None. But the guy was nice enough to check the metro centre store which was showing a ! which meant they might have some but very few. So I rushed over, got it and returned my aluminium. Easy peesy. Can’t wait to set it up!

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Is the gold SS as hard to come by as the space black? I’ve lucky in being able to pick mine up on release day in store even after I placed the order after reserving my Xs
When the pre-orders started, there was launch day availability for delivery and pickup of all the stainless steel models with the exception of the gold with Milanese loop. This lasted for a good ten minutes.

Then some gold with Milanese loop popped up in Apple stores the following Wednesday - I assume these units being part of the first batch of online preorder deliveries of that model. So the gold Milanese was slightly delayed I suppose.

Overall I think is pretty good availability in the grand scheme of things compared to previous launches.

The issue is that restocking has been slow/rare. However the online availability is still at 3-4 weeks, it hasn’t worsened. I would expect there to be a big replenishment of stainless steel stock in the coming days.

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
552AA181-253E-4B8C-B244-6CD4C2922598.jpeg
Beautiful. Excuse my tiny wrist. My hunt is officially over. Good luck all!

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Anyone have any experience of the S2/S3 launch concerning where might be stocking the Nike model on Friday? Thinking of checking Argos and JL, but a bit unsure. Would like one of the new reflective Sport Loops.

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
I've signed up on the UPS app or is My Choice something else that costs money?
There are two levels of UPS My Choice Tim, a Free version and a paid version.
The Free version is enough for most.
You can obtain all information here ~
https://www.ups.com/mychoice/features/

Mine has just left Castle Donnington 5mins ago at 05:13AM
[doublepost=1538367981][/doublepost]
Ah cool. I have signed up with them already so will check the app on Monday! If I know a time slot I may be able to pop back home for an hour to take delivery!
One word of warning Tim ~ If you sign up to the FREE version of UPS My Choice you can sign for packages Online and as such that then allows the delivery driver to leave the package with a neighbour.
If you DO NOT sign up to My Choice and there is no one available for delivery the driver WILL NOT leave the package, even if a neighbour offers.
My wife offered for a neighbour only 2 days ago but the driver had to reluctantly not accept her kind offer as my neighbour was not signed up to UPS My Choice.

Reactions: Tim7

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Mine left the depot at 5.45am and is out for delivery with UPS.

Yes, considering the depot is only 23 miles away from me and it left at 05:13AM, I bet the driver travels half way around Notts & Derbys before he gets to me.

Edit: It’s 8 miles away at the Sheffield Depot, having left at 07:18.
That means it’ll now travel all around Yorks & Derbys before finally getting here.

Tim7

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2009
Gravesend, Kent, UK
There are two levels of UPS My Choice Tim, a Free version and a paid version.
The Free version is enough for most.
You can obtain all information here ~
https://www.ups.com/mychoice/features/

Mine has just left Castle Donnington 5mins ago at 05:13AM
[doublepost=1538367981][/doublepost]
One word of warning Tim ~ If you sign up to the FREE version of UPS My Choice you can sign for packages Online and as such that then allows the delivery driver to leave the package with a neighbour.
If you DO NOT sign up to My Choice and there is no one available for delivery the driver WILL NOT leave the package, even if a neighbour offers.
My wife offered for a neighbour only 2 days ago but the driver had to reluctantly not accept her kind offer as my neighbour was not signed up to UPS My Choice.
Thanks, I appreciate your help. I have just signed for it online so have to hope it’s either delivered this afternoon/evening or a neighbour is in!

Reactions: Beards

Tim7

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2009
Gravesend, Kent, UK
I have left a note on my front door for the UPS driver to call me! Hopefully he does and then I can ask him to leave it in a safe place as I’ve already signed for it online.

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
I have left a note on my front door for the UPS driver to call me! Hopefully he does and then I can ask him to leave it in a safe place as I’ve already signed for it online.
That shouldnt be a problem Tim; he should have your UPS My Choice information granting him to leave it at your choice.

Reactions: Tim7

Mikey86uk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
England
So I think I might actually pick up the series 4 sooner than I thought, but.

On my series 2 I’ve noticed a dead pixel in the middle of the screen. So before I part with it does Apple Care cover dead pixels?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.