Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

limesmoothie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
I've suddenly got a delivery today email from Vodafone, but suspect it may be the free wireless charger that they offered to send me for messing up my Watch order, not the Watch. No way to tell on any of their trackers what's actually in the parcel.

jimmyjoy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
In a bid to delay starting work, I searched them all. I found zero SS ones.

I was one of the lucky ones that snagged a SS SB 44 on launch day.... they seem to be as rare as hens teeth now!

Very appear to have stock of various Stainless Steel this morning, including the SSSB44. Unfortunately I've not found anywhere with a gold SS 44 that I've been looking for.

I'm gutted as I have a pre-order for 17-24th Oct and my Series 0 screen popped off last week whilst on holiday. I'm watchless until I can get one!

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Very appear to have stock of various Stainless Steel this morning, including the SSSB44. Unfortunately I've not found anywhere with a gold SS 44 that I've been looking for.

I'm gutted as I have a pre-order for 17-24th Oct and my Series 0 screen popped off last week whilst on holiday. I'm watchless until I can get one!

If the screen popped off due to a swollen battery then Apple will cover that I believe.

iSheep5S

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2013
Scotland
Got one coming from Curry’s tomorrow. Aluminium space grey 40mm. Deliver to store for pick up.

Check in the morning people.

captpicar

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2015
Scotland
Been watching IStockNow through the night. It seems that a wave of watches was delivered to a few stores starting in Melbourne and heading west.

Normally the UK Apple stores update their new stock in the morning. For me in the Glasgow area, it is normally after 10:30 to 12:00

fonemio

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered a 44mm SS SB from them. Hopefully their stock info is correct - I did this once before with Very for an iPhone and it was actually out of stock all along and took me about two weeks to chase a refund, lol.

Reactions: jimmyjoy

captpicar

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2015
Scotland
Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered a 44mm SS SB from them. Hopefully their stock info is correct - I did this once before with Very for an iPhone and it was actually out of stock all along and took me about two weeks to chase a refund, lol.
This is the watch I'm looking for too. I was dubious with them and the iPhone release so didn't buy the phone form them. And them last year with Argos and their fiasco with the X.

So I haven't ordered as my gut is telling me not too, as I feel today is the day that some Apple stores will get some stock. But I wish you the best of luck

jimmyjoy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012

I think it should be correct as it wasn't available on the site last night. Interesting that they also have 40mm Stainless Gold. Just no 44 gold anywhere. Fingers crossed for you.
[doublepost=1538470802][/doublepost]
If the screen popped off due to a swollen battery then Apple will cover that I believe.

Just tried to get that sorted by live chat. Apparently it's only covered from 3 years from purchase date. I've had mine since May 2015 - Day one! :(

Reactions: fonemio

BlueHorizonUK

Contributor
Oct 29, 2003
I think it should be correct as it wasn't available on the site last night. Interesting that they also have 40mm Stainless Gold. Just no 44 gold anywhere. Fingers crossed for you.

Just tried to get that sorted by live chat. Apparently it's only covered from 3 years from purchase date. I've had mine since May 2015 - Day one! :(

Say you are making a claim under UK Consumer Law and that you are covered for 6 years for items that have inherent faults. They should cave quite quickly.

Reactions: hop and jimmyjoy

thomyorke68

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2018
I ordered a 40mm SS Silver Milanese Loop from Very. Order is processing and delivery is for tomorrow (3rd Oct). Haven’t got a confirmation email though!

Last edited:
Reactions: fonemio

fonemio

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010

Just checked with the live chat at Very and they say they had limited stock in for some of the 44mm SS models today - the 44mm Silver SS is now sold out again but there is a couple 44mm Space Black SS left: https://www.very.co.uk/apple-watch-...with-space-black-milanese-loop/1600304370.prd
Mine is supposedly being delivered by end of tomorrow. We shall see.

Reactions: jimmyjoy

thomyorke68

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2018
Just checked with the live chat at Very and they say they had limited stock in for some of the 44mm SS models today - the 44mm Silver SS is now sold out again but there is a couple 44mm Space Black SS left: https://www.very.co.uk/apple-watch-...with-space-black-milanese-loop/1600304370.prd
Mine is supposedly being delivered by end of tomorrow. We shall see.

Have you received a confirmation email? I still haven’t received mine, although I can see it on the Orders page online

GC251114

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2015
Ordered my SG ALuminium 44 Cellular from Curry’s website on Sunday morning.

Email stated delivery to store by 17:00 yesterday. You guessed it ......no confirmation email to collect it. Went in & no delivery yesterday.

Still waiting for email today.

According to Curry’s they have no way of chasing DPD deliveries. Yup I forgot we were still in the 1980’s.

Have a bad feeling about this.

jimmyjoy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
So I just called into KRCS (a premium reseller) in Nottingham and asked about a Gold SS 44. He said they would be at least 2 weeks. He went to check and to his surprise they had 12 in stock at the HQ. I've ordered one for delivery either tomorrow or Thursday - fingers crossed.

You cannot order them online or over the phone but if anyone lives near a KRCS you may be able to pick one up too.

Reactions: johnyslats
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.