Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
Delivered...... Will set it up later.

Me to. Only snag is that according to Vodafone chat, I have to go to my local Vodafone store so it can be added to my SIM only account. That will have to wait until tomorrow but no reason they couldn't do this online if I gave them the IMEI number!

Reactions: Mr.C

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Yes, considering the depot is only 23 miles away from me and it left at 05:13AM, I bet the driver travels half way around Notts & Derbys before he gets to me.

Edit: It’s 8 miles away at the Sheffield Depot, having left at 07:18.
That means it’ll now travel all around Yorks & Derbys before finally getting here.

Mine was delivered at 9.15 this morning at home. The only thing is I’m at work so I have to wait until this evening before I can set it up. :(

gazzrenn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Blackpool, UK
Me to. Only snag is that according to Vodafone chat, I have to go to my local Vodafone store so it can be added to my SIM only account. That will have to wait until tomorrow but no reason they couldn't do this online if I gave them the IMEI number!

I was told the same by Vodafone, but someone on here said that we don't need to do that... let me dig out the post...

EDIT - see below

Once you have the watch ring them up asking to pair it to your account. They should ask for the watches IMEI and EID and they will pair it to your account. I had to leave mine overnight while they updated my account to a OneNumber one but it’s been working great since.

<snip>

BlueHorizonUK

Contributor
Oct 29, 2003
I was told the same by Vodafone, but someone on here said that we don't need to do that... let me dig out the post...

EDIT - see below

I did my mums one on the watch. When you set it up it asks if you want to add this to your account (on the actual watch) and then says its £5 and then adds it and you should then get a series of emails. Got activated within a day. She is on a SIM only tariff but on a contract that started post Sept 1 2018 (which Vodafone says makes a difference).

Email confirmed it was free for 6 months and then £5 a month although they are very cheeky in that they are asking you to pay extra without even giving you extra data (like EE do).

Reactions: Mr.C and gazzrenn

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008

Take that with a pinch of salt. CS tell me different things each time I contact them. Have a sim only plan with VF and bought the watch through them. They shouldn’t need an IMEI - they have your sim details.

victoriani

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2013
Hertfordshire, UK
Take that with a pinch of salt. CS tell me different things each time I contact them. Have a sim only plan with VF and bought the watch through them. They shouldn’t need an IMEI - they have your sim details.

They just asked me for the EID and then they activated it. Took approx 18 hours, works perfectly.

But it was a faff as the chat teams didn’t have a clue. I upgraded my SIM only tariff in May and they were saying I had to migrate my tariff etc when I didn’t actually need to. Eventually spoke to the Twitter team and they sorted it. So eventually you will get to someone who knows what they are doing... :rolleyes:

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
They just asked me for the EID and then they activated it. Took approx 18 hours, works perfectly.

But it was a faff as the chat teams didn’t have a clue. I upgraded my SIM only tariff in May and they were saying I had to migrate my tariff etc when I didn’t actually need to. Eventually spoke to the Twitter team and they sorted it. So eventually you will get to someone who knows what they are doing... :rolleyes:

yeah I upgraded mine in August but the chat team said it wasn't compatible. But they put me on a plan with more data and discounted it to the same price so I'm not too bothered. Would just like it sorted out really

victoriani

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2013
Hertfordshire, UK
yeah I upgraded mine in August but the chat team said it wasn't compatible. But they put me on a plan with more data and discounted it to the same price so I'm not too bothered. Would just like it sorted out really

They spoke to retentions for me and it was confirmed that my plan was compatible. Originally, they wanted to charge me £128 in upgrade fees to migrate my tariff, which I declined as I knew it wasn’t necessary as I upgraded after April 2018, when you are supposedly on a CTR 14 plan.

They came back to me and confirmed even if you are on a CTR 13 plan, you can still activate cellular for Apple Watch... So I don’t know.

They did this eventually for me and didn’t have to change anything to my existing plan despite what they said originally.

If you still don’t get it sorted, then DM Vodafone on Twitter. They got it fixed for me in the end.

Reactions: gazzrenn

svgn

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2018
My 44mm SS was collected from JL by my friend yesterday and now it's flying to me. Finally! :)

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
At the moment I have my Series 3 paired with my new iPhone Xs Max with a cellular plan on EE for the watch. I just got my Series 4 delivered. So I'm going to un-pair the Series 3 and pair the Series 4 to my phone. How do I make sure the EE cellular plan transfers over to the new watch. Anyone done this already ?

Guv280984

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2008
Norn Iron
At the moment I have my Series 3 paired with my new iPhone Xs Max with a cellular plan on EE for the watch. I just got my Series 4 delivered. So I'm going to un-pair the Series 3 and pair the Series 4 to my phone. How do I make sure the EE cellular plan transfers over to the new watch. Anyone done this already ?

You go into the Watch App and remove the EE Plan under Settings then Cellular. Unpair the watch from your phone and pair your been Series 4. You will be asked to login to EE again for a Cellular plan and it should automatically kick in...

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
You go into the Watch App and remove the EE Plan under Settings then Cellular. Unpair the watch from your phone and pair your been Series 4. You will be asked to login to EE again for a Cellular plan and it should automatically kick in...

Thank you for that. I will try that. :)

thomyorke68

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2018
I see all retail stock has been taken down on Apple Stores so fingers crossed more stock has arrived today that will be available tomorrow...

I hope so, I have a 40mm SS Silver w/ Milanese Loop ordered with late Oct/early Nov delivery date, but I really want to pick one up from the Apple Store right now in London. I hope they have some stock soon! I have been checking the app every few hours but all stores show "Not available for pickup".

Reactions: Guv280984

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
The easiest way is to start a new plan with your Series 4 and call EE to give your 30-days notice for the old plan. Because, at least in my experience, transferring plans between watches is a right pain in the arse. Also, if you signed up to your old plan before march, it probably increased in price by 3% or whatever it was the EE did... if you start a new plan it will be £5 again.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
The easiest way is to start a new plan with your Series 4 and call EE to give your 30-days notice for the old plan. Because, at least in my experience, transferring plans between watches is a right pain in the arse. Also, if you signed up to your old plan before march, it probably increased in price by 3% or whatever it was the EE did... if you start a new plan it will be £5 again.
Mine transferred without a hitch. I removed the plan from my S3 ceramic and when i got my S4 a week later, it added with no issues. I have to do the same again now once my replacement S4 arrives.

Tim7

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2009
Gravesend, Kent, UK
Got my SS 44mm today and all I can say is WOW! What a brilliant piece of equipment. Coming from a series 2 everything is so fast and instant. This is my first SS model and it really does look and feel premium! The screen is just amazing.

Attachments

• B6B60E14-783E-44FB-B08F-70B5E38836C2.jpeg
    B6B60E14-783E-44FB-B08F-70B5E38836C2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 175
  • 6798B347-9C59-4D3D-AB13-A989FF8A8EDE.jpeg
    6798B347-9C59-4D3D-AB13-A989FF8A8EDE.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 161

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Mine transferred without a hitch. I removed the plan from my S3 ceramic and when i got my S4 a week later, it added with no issues. I have to do the same again now once my replacement S4 arrives.
I got presented with an option to replace an existing watch or add a new watch. If I wanted to replace a watch it wanted me to call 150. I would check your account to make sure that you don't have two plans now.

IMG_0022.jpg

Reactions: Bazooka-joe

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK

I phoned 191 & spoke to a really helpful chap who apparently had literally just finished his training on the Apple Watch. Currently waiting for mine to be activated, could take up to 24 hours.

Reactions: victoriani
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.