Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tehn00p

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2011
Ordered a 44mm SBSS Milanese from Very this morning when I saw them in stock. Order went through fine, got confirmation email after a few mins. Status has been "processing at supplier" or something like that since about 10am, so we will see. I am not cancelling my apple order (another week or two out yet) until I get the dispatch confirmation. Paid with PayPal, so can easily get a refund if they mess it up :)

tehn00p

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2011
Just got an email from Very saying it has been dispatched! I’m happy with that. The tracking number appears to be for Royal Mail though which is a bit unusual? Was expecting courier delivery. I guess we will see!

GarethR

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
My order was confirmed and delivery by Friday. These ship direct from Apple so fingers crossed I get it tomorrow...
Pretty sure their Apple stuff doesn't come directly from Apple, but direct from a distributor instead. Can't remember which one off the top of my head though, but do remember they have an annoying tendency to dispatch via Royal Mail or Parcelforce.

Guv280984

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2008
Norn Iron
Just got an email from Very saying it has been dispatched! I’m happy with that. The tracking number appears to be for Royal Mail though which is a bit unusual? Was expecting courier delivery. I guess we will see!

Royal Mail Special Delivery usually so should see them tomorrow all being well!
[doublepost=1538496613][/doublepost]
Pretty sure their Apple stuff doesn't come directly from Apple, but direct from a distributor instead. Can't remember which one off the top of my head though, but do remember they have an annoying tendency to dispatch via Royal Mail or Parcelforce.

Royal Mail Special Delivery is decent tho compared with some annoying couriers!

limesmoothie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
I've suddenly got a delivery today email from Vodafone, but suspect it may be the free wireless charger that they offered to send me for messing up my Watch order, not the Watch. No way to tell on any of their trackers what's actually in the parcel.

My delivery was a wireless charger AND a 40mm Gold Alu Watch!

It looks fantastic, loving the new faces/complications, and the screen size is perfect.

(The Vodafone tracker says I'm on a waiting list and it will be 3-4 weeks for delivery...)

Reactions: hop and Mr.C

bigrids

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2017
My delivery was a wireless charger AND a 40mm Gold Alu Watch!

It looks fantastic, loving the new faces/complications, and the screen size is perfect.

(The Vodafone tracker says I'm on a waiting list and it will be 3-4 weeks for delivery...)
That’s interesting. I have the same message from Vodafone. Actually said that for about 2 weeks now. I wasn’t offered a choice of colour either. They just told me space grey. I would prefer the gold to match my new iPhone Xs max.

limesmoothie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
That’s interesting. I have the same message from Vodafone. Actually said that for about 2 weeks now. I wasn’t offered a choice of colour either. They just told me space grey. I would prefer the gold to match my new iPhone Xs max.

Even though it has arrived, I can't get any cellular service on it, obviously. Ah, Vodafone...

I got the 40mm, as they told me they weren't getting any 44mm Gold for quite a while.

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
So, I went to Bluewater at the weekend and Regent St today and they had zero stock of the SBSS 44. They even showed me the terminal.

I also stopped by John Lewis Oxford St and again, they had nothing.

Any tips? Very have now sold out.

thomyorke68

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2018
Very cancelled my order because I failed their internal security check or some BS. I didn’t even use financing or anything, straight up paid using my debit card. Oh well now I need to wait for a refund!!

bigrids

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2017
Even though it has arrived, I can't get any cellular service on it, obviously. Ah, Vodafone...

I got the 40mm, as they told me they weren't getting any 44mm Gold for quite a while.
I was told I had to share my plan with the phone so I assume you just have to have an iPhone with Vodafone too.

limesmoothie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
I was told I had to share my plan with the phone so I assume you just have to have an iPhone with Vodafone too.

I do have an iPhone with Vodafone... ;)

Keep an eye when it arrives, apparently orders are going out randomly - their system was showing that I was still on the waiting list, so the eSIM wasn't active.

Am now waiting for eSIM to go live.

thomyorke68

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2018
Just got my tracking number and dispatch confirmation:D

Lucky, mine got cancelled because I failed their internal checks or something. So frustrating, what’s the point of these checks in the first place if I’m paying with my own money via debit card!! eBay or amazon doesn’t do any “checks” when I create an account and place an order.

Now I have to wait for the refund and for Apple to ship it in late Oct...

bigrids

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2017
I do have an iPhone with Vodafone... ;)

Keep an eye when it arrives, apparently orders are going out randomly - their system was showing that I was still on the waiting list, so the eSIM wasn't active.

Am now waiting for eSIM to go live.
Thanks for that. I’m away on holiday at the moment so I hope they don’t just send it without notifying me first.

Reactions: limesmoothie

thomyorke68

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2018
Just got my tracking number and dispatch confirmation:D

Lucky, mine got cancelled because I failed their internal checks or something. So frustrating, what’s the point of these checks in the first place if I’m paying with my own money via debit card!! eBay or amazon doesn’t do any “checks” when I create an account and place an order.

Now I have to wait for the refund and for Apple to ship it in late Oct...

tehn00p

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2011

Oh yeah that’s a point, it’s been forever since I had a special delivery item. I’ve just checked tracking and it shows it’s in the RM system now :)

Did any of you guys ordering from Very get a discount?

What kind of discount? They were giving 10% off if you opened a credit account with them. I thought about it but was 1, in a rush to order 2, didn’t really want to open another line of credit

Reactions: Guv280984

Guv280984

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2008
Norn Iron
Oh yeah that’s a point, it’s been forever since I had a special delivery item. I’ve just checked tracking and it shows it’s in the RM system now :)

What kind of discount? They were giving 10% off if you opened a credit account with them. I thought about it but was 1, in a rush to order 2, didn’t really want to open another line of credit

Mine has been sent Tracked 24 so definitely be here tomorrow and my postman arrives at 10.30 each morning :)

GarethR

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010

Agreed, but I've never had anything (Apple or tech related) from them via Special Delivery. Its always been Parcelforce or standard Royal Mail delivery. :(

Reactions: Guv280984

KevinJB

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
Deal, UK
Gutted to see that Very had stock of the 44mm SSSB yesterday, guess I will just have to stick with my Apple order for the 23-30th.

Let’s hope they start to ramp up shipment of the stainless steel versions soon!

Reactions: Bazooka-joe

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Gutted to see that Very had stock of the 44mm SSSB yesterday, guess I will just have to stick with my Apple order for the 23-30th.

Let’s hope they start to ramp up shipment of the stainless steel versions soon!
Yep let’s hooe so. New orders are now scheduled for November now so no sign of Apple turning things around

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.