Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Drat!! Finally unboxed my SBTi and found a bubble (or something) in the display. Oh well, back to the Apple Store it goes haha!! Hopefully I can find another for pickup soon.

4D694ACC-9775-4FB7-B812-B9F68A514A85.jpeg

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
What are people buffing their natural TI with to get out minor scratches?

There’s a multitude of different remedies you can try, but obviously take your own risk versus taking anecdotal evidence from members on here that make claims w/o pictures. Others have tried a pencil eraser for minor scuffs, some have used Cape Cod polishing cloths used lightly, mothers polishing paste, etc. The list goes on, there’s even pages of Reddit threads that discuss the same topic, and it is at your own risk, but I would look at it like it’s only a smart watch that really is meant to be ‘used and abused‘, so if it does scratch, I would accept it versus taking the risk Of what someone else ‘may claim‘ that you may or may not share a similar experience.

sockdoggy

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2002
Brooklyn
Ordered a SBTi with black leather link. Thought about Hermès SBSS but think I’d be that little bit more worried about mucking it up. I get outdoors a fair bit but also want professional look for meetings.

Shipping est is mid-November. I’m sure time will fly. Coming from Nike S3 space gray aluminum.

This thread has been really helpful so thanks everyone. Apple Stores are closed in my area and those infinite ecomm shots without relative light are limiting.

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
received my SBTi yesterday with black solo loop. Loop fits great. I was between 7 and 8 and got the 7. I really like the darker, textured matte finish and looking forward to a more scratch resistant display. coming from an aluminum AW5.

iappleme

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2020
received my SBTi yesterday with black solo loop. Loop fits great. I was between 7 and 8 and got the 7. I really like the darker, textured matte finish and looking forward to a more scratch resistant display. coming from an aluminum AW5.
Pictures please!

Reactions: sockdoggy

Buran

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2007
Got my space black titanium yesterday. Of course, the braided loop is the wrong size despite sizing it out with the tool and with a tape measure. Oh well. Supposedly (according to support chat) once my local stores reopen I have 14 days to exchange it. I will do that.

In the meantime, it looks great with the Nike sport loop. I got a good shot of the corner reflecting some light to show the finish. The semigloss brushed finish is fantastic. (And that's not a crack on the screen, just a random hair that settled there).

Now if I can get the hang of getting the SpO2 tool to work... it worked the first time I tried it and randomly at 5:30something AM this morning while I was asleep, but I can't get it to work now.

Oh well. Until then, I also have a clip-on pulse ox to check against, thanks to being in a high risk category.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
I guess the new leather bands are slowing the delivery times. Even a solo leather band order gets the same mid oct time frame.

b.c.

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2008
Ordered a SBTi with black leather link. Thought about Hermès SBSS but think I’d be that little bit more worried about mucking it up. I get outdoors a fair bit but also want professional look for meetings.

Shipping est is mid-November. I’m sure time will fly. Coming from Nike S3 space gray aluminum.

This thread has been really helpful so thanks everyone. Apple Stores are closed in my area and those infinite ecomm shots without relative light are limiting.
Original Series0 owner, SBSS. I've been thinking to order the S6 SBTi w/ black Leather Link, too. Yesterday online store was showing delivery 3rd wk of Oct; today it's now showing 3rd wk of Nov for the same :(

the local Apple store is open so I did get to see & try on the SBTi with some of the new bands last week incl Solo Loop, Braided Solo Loop - those in various sizes. Unfortunately the new Leather Link was not available in-store to see

sockdoggy

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2002
Brooklyn
Original Series0 owner, SBSS. I've been thinking to order the S6 SBTi w/ black Leather Link, too. Yesterday online store was showing delivery 3rd wk of Oct; today it's now showing 3rd wk of Nov for the same :(

the local Apple store is open so I did get to see & try on the SBTi with some of the new bands last week incl Solo Loop, Braided Solo Loop - those in various sizes. Unfortunately the new Leather Link was not available in-store to see

As a S0 owner I’m sure it will be worth the wait! Also wouldn’t be surprised if ship times moved up.

Justin51

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2014
I’m so bored waiting for my watch to arrive I order up the Surf Blue and Vitamin C sport bands. Don’t really need them but the colors are neat. Will try them out and see how they look. I know for at least the Vitamin C that it’s discontinued. I see the Surf Blue is still available through Apple.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
I’m so bored waiting for my watch to arrive I order up the Surf Blue and Vitamin C sport bands. Don’t really need them but the colors are neat. Will try them out and see how they look. I know for at least the Vitamin C that it’s discontinued. I see the Surf Blue is still available through Apple.

Surf blue was showing unavailable. I contemplated getting a spare. It’s my band now and I love it.

Reactions: Justin51

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Really!!! Well both bands are still available on Amazon.

Looks like they’re back on Apple too.

I am sitting on a cream one while I wait on the arrival of the S6. It may be too bright for me but I may just keep it.

I initiated a return days ago but due to an Apple error I had to open a ticket to print a label LOL. It’s a ploy to get me to change my mind.

b.c.

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2008
As a S0 owner I’m sure it will be worth the wait! Also wouldn’t be surprised if ship times moved up.
I just stopped procrastinating and placed the order - that 1 day delay in clicking "Buy" cost me a month delivery. But hopefully you're right and ship times move up. fingers crossed

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Have any of you guys had luck finding the titanium models in stock for store pickup? I check every AM with a bunch of different band configurations and no luck yet across a ton of stores in the LA area.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
@mikethebigo relatively few stores ever carried the Edition watches (Ti & Ceramic) last year, so I'd expect the same this year.

I did see someone mention an LA area store in one of the threads, so I'd focus on that one.

Also may be worth stopping by that specific store -- in the past Apple has reserved some of the in-store stock for walk-ins and not made it available for online ordering for pickup. Whether that remains true this year I don't know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.