Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stormclouds

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Looking through this thread, I definitely made the right decision to go with natural titanium! Looks fantastic and the brushed look adds a more unique, expensive flair than the aluminum or stainless models have. I'll probably keep my SB SS Series 4 and swap between them since they have pretty different appearances.

It's supposed to be delivered today. Can't wait!

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
Have any of you guys had luck finding the titanium models in stock for store pickup? I check every AM with a bunch of different band configurations and no luck yet across a ton of stores in the LA area.

For what it’s worth, I found a natural titanium one in an Apple Store here in Orlando on launch day. I had ordered online right after the keynote, but it was showing a 9/25-9/28 delivery date. I also started questioning my band choice. On a whim I checked that Apple Store app around 9:30AM on launch day and there was a watch available for pickup with the band I preferred at one of the three Orlando Apple Stores. I made an appointment and picked it up a few hours later.

Somewhat ironically the one I ordered online showed up early on Monday the 20th, but I’m happier with the band that I got in the store, so it worked out.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
@mikethebigo relatively few stores ever carried the Edition watches (Ti & Ceramic) last year, so I'd expect the same this year.

I did see someone mention an LA area store in one of the threads, so I'd focus on that one.

Also may be worth stopping by that specific store -- in the past Apple has reserved some of the in-store stock for walk-ins and not made it available for online ordering for pickup. Whether that remains true this year I don't know.
Yeah last year it was sold at our “flagship” store The Grove. It was available there basically every day after launch. I’ve been surprised to keep checking and keep seeing them out of stock. They are open for curbside pickup and appointments. I guess stock really is thinner this year.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Have any of you guys had luck finding the titanium models in stock for store pickup? I check every AM with a bunch of different band configurations and no luck yet across a ton of stores in the LA area.

Costa Mesa has them come in and out of stock. Check frequently and with the less popular bands (sport loop).

Yorts

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2020
Colorado Springs
I ordered my natural Ti the day after launch and should deliver today according to UPS. 2nd time to order an AW, 1st time ordering an Edition mode. I did order an aluminum version as well on launch day that landed on Monday to compare, but after reading all the reviews and seeing pics and videos, I’m either going to return the aluminum or keep and use it for active/laborious tasks to keep the Ti looking fresh.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
Looking through this thread, I definitely made the right decision to go with natural titanium! Looks fantastic and the brushed look adds a more unique, expensive flair than the aluminum or stainless models have. I'll probably keep my SB SS Series 4 and swap between them since they have pretty different appearances.

It's supposed to be delivered today. Can't wait!
I bought my natural Ti last year at launch and still delighted with it. It’s proven to be scratch resistant too only a few micro scratches that you’d have to look hard to see.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Costa Mesa has them come in and out of stock. Check frequently and with the less popular bands (sport loop).
Thanks, I’ll start checking Costa Mesa too. I usually search with the black sport band, that always seems to be in stock.

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008

I was able to pick-up two (Natural and SBTi) at the The Grove on Saturday 09/19. But, I'm looking for another and like you, no luck this week.

ETA: FWIW, I usually only see the Ti show up at The Grove, Third Street, Century City, and South Coast Plaza (Costa Mesa).

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Has anybody paired the natural titanium with a black leather loop? My delivery date has bumped up again (originally 9/30 - 10/2 to 9/28 and now up to today) and I have to decide whether I want to keep my graphite SS or swap it out for the Ti. I originally bought a solo loop that ended up being too small and upgraded to the leather loop to have that flexibility in sizing. It looks pretty sharp with the graphite so I'm curious to see how it would look with something lighter.

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
It's so hard to buy titanium models..
I think the Grove is the only store that carries them

Stormclouds

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Mine just arrived.

IMG_5053.JPG
IMG_5054.JPG
IMG_5055.JPG

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
So just for fun......

With an SBTi... let's say one already had a SB link bracelet as well as sport loops for casual / atheltic wear...

Leather Link in Saddle Brown or Black?

1600883695218.png

craigc_

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2007
So just for fun......

With an SBTi... let's say one already had a SB link bracelet as well as sport loops for casual / atheltic wear...

Leather Link in Saddle Brown or Black?
I'm deciding between the Saddle Brown Leather link and Baltic Blue Leather link for my SBTi. I'm leaning Baltic Blue but I don't think you can go wrong with the brown. Love the look.

Reactions: deeddawg

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Black leather on black Ti is now out till end of November..ouch
mine still says mid oct. no store stock.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Black leather on black Ti is now out till end of November..ouch
mine still says mid oct. no store stock.

This is why on Monday 9/21, when I decided to pull the trigger on an SBTi S6, I ordered it with a sport band for Oct 1-5 delivery. I'll buy the leather band separately.

Lucked out - the following day every combo I looked at was showing Oct 20 or later.

Retroglide08

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2013
OK, having a bit of a dilemma here. Bought a Graphite stainless steel series 6 on Sunday, got it home, put on charge then attached the Milanese loop only find the damn strap had already placed some micro scratches on the watch.
I have had a couple of aluminium Apple watches in the past and have saved hard for a more luxurious version this time. With that I'm feeling a little deflated about the Graphite stainless steel, although i love the colour. So, how has everyone's experience been with the Ti models. I do like the natural version of the Ti model and am contemplating exchanging my Graphite SS for a Titanium model. I know all watches mark btw, would just like something that may offer a tad more durability.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
OK, having a bit of a dilemma here. Bought a Graphite stainless steel series 6 on Sunday, got it home, put on charge then attached the Milanese loop only find the damn strap had already placed some micro scratches on the watch.
I have had a couple of aluminium Apple watches in the past and have saved hard for a more luxurious version this time. With that I'm feeling a little deflated about the Graphite stainless steel, although i love the colour. So, how has everyone's experience been with the Ti models. I do like the natural version of the Ti model and am contemplating exchanging my Graphite SS for a Titanium model. I know all watches mark btw, would just like something that may offer a tad more durability.

The issue isn't the watch.

It's the Graphite Milanese Loop. It has a DLC coating making it as tough as the DLC coated Graphite watch, and thus capable of marking it. The band can also mark the sapphire display.

Nearly any other band and your Graphite SS watch wouldn't have a mark. The Space Black Link Bracelet is DLC coated and technically can mark, but the likelihood is much less.

My suggestion is return the Graphite SS / Milanese Loop combo in favor of a Graphite SS with a sport loop or sport band.

Last edited:

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
The issue isn't the watch.

It's the Graphite Milanese Loop. It has a DLC coating making it as tough as the DLC coated Graphite watch, and thus capable of marking it. The band can also mark the sapphire display.

Nearly any other band and your Graphite SS watch wouldn't have a mark. The Space Black Link Bracelet is DLC coated and technically can mark, but the likelihood is much less.

My suggestion is return the Graphite SS / Milanese Loop combo in favor of a Graphite SS with a sport loop or sport band.
Yeah, it’s DLC plus much more difficult to control Milanese due to magnetism. I knew all about it and tried, but as soon as DLC touched the watch it left marks.

Reactions: deeddawg

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
I had no problem finding one in Boston last Friday (launch day) but I’ve been checking periodically since then and haven’t seen it available. I think if you wait a week or so you might have more luck. Lots of models seem sold out from what I can see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.