Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
I had no problem finding one in Boston last Friday (launch day) but I’ve been checking periodically since then and haven’t seen it available. I think if you wait a week or so you might have more luck. Lots of models seem sold out from what I can see.
Good to know for the next Launch Day. I assume you mean Boylston store? Then over the weekend they’re sold out? I should have made an appointment at Boylston insead.

wrz0170

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2008
Reno, Nevada
This is why on Monday 9/21, when I decided to pull the trigger on an SBTi S6, I ordered it with a sport band for Oct 1-5 delivery. I'll buy the leather band separately.

Lucked out - the following day every combo I looked at was showing Oct 20 or later.

I ordered same day as you with Oct 1-5 delivery. SBTi with Black Leather Loop. We both lucked out!

Is your status Preparing to Ship as well?

Reactions: deeddawg

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Yep, it's the green one! Fits pretty well too. I want to get the blue one but looks like it's out of stock until November.
Nice! Yeah I’m still trying to decide if that band is worth $100. Currently don’t think so but that green is a nice shade and has me tempted. Might just keep an eye out for a good deal on eBay at some point down the line.

Reactions: Stormclouds

wrz0170

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2008
Reno, Nevada
Yes. I was surprised to see the next day that everything had pushed out another 2.5 weeks.

? Wow. I know the dates fluctuated depending on band choice. When I ordered, I noticed same combos had different delivery dates when I was deleting and adding again to the cart. Probably changed as half the world was adding and deleting ?

Stormclouds

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Nice! Yeah I’m still trying to decide if that band is worth $100. Currently don’t think so but that green is a nice shade and has me tempted. Might just keep an eye out for a good deal on eBay at some point down the line.
I usually wear Milanese bands and I'm enjoying not having to worry about resting this band on my MacBook Pro while typing at work. The Milanese loops have put scratches on my Mac.

That said, I did order a graphite Milanese loop and plan to wear it with this watch.

Reactions: Retroglide08

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
My alum arrived today (before I ordered ti.)

It’s taking all my will power to not open it since I have no intent on keeping it heh.

iappleme

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2020
OK, having a bit of a dilemma here. Bought a Graphite stainless steel series 6 on Sunday, got it home, put on charge then attached the Milanese loop only find the damn strap had already placed some micro scratches on the watch.
I have had a couple of aluminium Apple watches in the past and have saved hard for a more luxurious version this time. With that I'm feeling a little deflated about the Graphite stainless steel, although i love the colour. So, how has everyone's experience been with the Ti models. I do like the natural version of the Ti model and am contemplating exchanging my Graphite SS for a Titanium model. I know all watches mark btw, would just like something that may offer a tad more durability.

I just Returned my Graphite due to some micro abrasions Because of the Milanese loop.. ? .. I’m going to keep the SBTi S5 ( not even one scratch ) still undecided about keeping the SBTi S6. ( the one the right )..

Attachments

• 24DA3DDB-3B04-4BCF-BA2B-FEEFFE941074.jpeg
    24DA3DDB-3B04-4BCF-BA2B-FEEFFE941074.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 273

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
I just Returned my Graphite due to some micro abrasions Because of the Milanese loop.. ? .. I’m going to keep the SBTi S5 ( not even one scratch ) still undecided about keeping the SBTi S6. ( the one the right )..

Wouldn’t the Milanese loop scratch the titanium watches as well?

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Did you wear the ti 5 with the Milanese?

iappleme

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2020
Did you wear the ti 5 with the Milanese?
Yes. Not everyday since I didn’t really like it, I’m more of a sport band person.. With the SSG S6, I decided to give the Milanese loop another try but after two days I started to notice some micro abrasions. I’m pretty sure it was the Milanese loop.

Yorts

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2020
Colorado Springs
Mine arrived today and about to open the box. So
My alum arrived today (before I ordered ti.)

It’s taking all my will power to not open it since I have no intent on keeping it heh.

I ordered the aluminum as well on opening day. Then I ordered the Ti on the next day. Received the aluminum on Monday and the Ti landed today. Both are still unopened. Trying to decide if I want to keep both or just the Ti.

Reactions: rKunda

NM08SRT8

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
Earf
My series 3 stainless with Milanese loop got scratches around the mounting points, who cares.. this is probably where natural Ti comes into play because you can always refinish it with a scotch brite pad.

Reactions: rKunda

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Mine arrived today and about to open the box. So

I ordered the aluminum as well on opening day. Then I ordered the Ti on the next day. Received the aluminum on Monday and the Ti landed today. Both are still unopened. Trying to decide if I want to keep both or just the Ti.

I have you beat. I ordered alum opening day. Then ti next day.

The sbti next day... but in reflection I’m sold on natural. It arrives tomorrow. Black sometime whenever. Unsure if the band will fit but that’s life hehe.

Yorts

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2020
Colorado Springs
I mean I’m not proud. I’m a bit embarrassed
But Apple has a good return policy. And I’ve got no stores for 4 hours.

I’m torn on if I should keep the aluminum or not. Thought about keeping it for times when I know it’ll get knocked around. Just don’t know if it’s worth it.....or I could swap it for the SBTi.

jlsm511

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
KMIA
I ordered same day as you with Oct 1-5 delivery. SBTi with Black Leather Loop. We both lucked out!

Is your status Preparing to Ship as well?

I ordered the same day and saw the next day they had slipped to late October. This is to replace my launch day order which i mistakenly ordered with the Solo Loop in the wrong size. Ordered with a Sport Loop this time and plan to get the Solo Loop once my local stores open/have stock. Is yours in Preparing to Ship already? Mine is just in Processing. Had hoped this would ship before I have to return this one.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
I’m torn on if I should keep the aluminum or not. Thought about keeping it for times when I know it’ll get knocked around. Just don’t know if it’s worth it.....or I could swap it for the SBTi.

My first AW was series 5. In black alum.

It was great. I decided I wanted to add cellular so needed a new watch so am upgrading to S6. In person I don’t care for the mat finish alum, though I still like the black.

I’m a titanium fanatic as a holdover from my pocket knife hobby. And the finish on the ti looks great. I haven’t ever seen space black ti so I’m curious but I hiiiiighly suspect natural is got me.

Never was interested in stainless. Not a huge fan of the high polish, though the silver does look nice. But I don’t want the weight. Got me it’s alum or ti. I’m not super committed to sapphire over the glass. I had no issues with the lesser glass.

I had a point when I started typing this but I lost it.

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009

It was great. I decided I wanted to add cellular so needed a new watch so am upgrading to S6. In person I don’t care for the mat finish alum, though I still like the black.

I’m a titanium fanatic as a holdover from my pocket knife hobby. And the finish on the ti looks great. I haven’t ever seen space black ti so I’m curious but I hiiiiighly suspect natural is got me.

Never was interested in stainless. Not a huge fan of the high polish, though the silver does look nice. But I don’t want the weight. Got me it’s alum or ti. I’m not super committed to sapphire over the glass. I had no issues with the lesser glass.

What are the positives are Ti over steel? Ti is more lightweight. Ti is more resistant to rusting than steel? Ti holds a sharp edge better than steel? I don't know, just asking. :)

Yorts

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2020
Colorado Springs

so I upgraded from a S3 black aluminum cuz of one day the screen popped off about 4 weeks ago. Not sure how it happened but I said I’d wait and upgrade to the S6.
I’m not into the high polish either that’s why I got the aluminum and natural Ti.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.