Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
The Apple site states that the space black titanium watch case has a "special surface coating that resists stains and fingerprints and preserves the natural brushed finish", but it doesn't say anything about the DLC finish like that on the series 5. I'm not saying it doesn't have it, I'm just saying that they don't promote it like they did with the series 5.
That coating is referring to the natural Ti finish.

Matt.jpg

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2020
That said, today I saw a silver aluminum at the coffee shop and unless you’re blind there is no way to mistake the two. They're very obviously two different shades. people who’re not obsessed with apple might just think they’re two versions of the aluminum. And I’d be fine with that!

The General Public is blind my friend.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Has anyone received a Titanium recently who can confirm if it no longer comes with the power adapter and has only one Sport Band size?

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Has anyone received a Titanium recently who can confirm if it no longer comes with the power adapter and has only one Sport Band size?

There's been at least one Series6 unboxing showing it came with both S/M and M/L sized for the bonus Ti sport band.

I don't care about the 5W adapter, but will try to report back when mine arrives today.

FWIW - I ordered mine on 9/21 with a sport band and delivery date range was Oct 1-5. The next day the same config jumped to Oct 20 or so. I'm wondering now if that was the cutoff and the date pushout may be related to dropping the 5W power brick and related packaging changes? We shall see.

Reactions: wrz0170 and Brookzy

Justin51

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2014
There's been at least one Series6 unboxing showing it came with both S/M and M/L sized for the bonus Ti sport band.

I don't care about the 5W adapter, but will try to report back when mine arrives today.

FWIW - I ordered mine on 9/21 with a sport band and delivery date range was Oct 1-5. The next day the same config jumped to Oct 20 or so. I'm wondering now if that was the cutoff and the date pushout may be related to dropping the 5W power brick and related packaging changes? We shall see.

Mine came with the power adapter and both size bands, series 6 natural Ti.

Reactions: deeddawg

craigc_

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2007

Probably a useless data point as I picked up mine in store the day after launch, but my SBTi w/ Milanese loop had both size sport bands and power adapter.

strakagirl

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2020

First Ti w/ Solo Loop ordered Sept. 18, and arrived Sept. 25 with a 5W adapter as well as both S/M and M/L Ti sports band. Second Ti w/ Milanese loop ordered Sept. 21, and scheduled to arrive today. I expect today's delivery to have the 5W and both sizes of the sports band.

Totally agree that the delay is likely due to changing the packaging.

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009

Ordered mine on the night of the 15th, came with both size straps and 5W power adapter. I might return it though as the edges of the viewable screen fills out beyond the “bump” that surrounds the display. At certain angles looking at complications at the corner of the screen there’s a distortion, sort of like looking through the cyclops magnifier on a Rolex.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
FYI everyone, big stock update at stores today, all across the country I'm seeing the Space Black models in stock which haven't been available at all for over a week.

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
SBTi currently in-stock at Los Cerritos and Victoria Gardens, with navy and kumquat sport loops.

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
I don’t see how they can only ship one size Sport Band unless they ask for your size when ordered. From what I can see, they do not do that. They can infer the size from some orders based on the second band but not all. For example, the Sport Loop doesn’t come in multiple sizes.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
I don’t see how they can only ship one size Sport Band unless they ask for your size when ordered. From what I can see, they do not do that. They can infer the size from some orders based on the second band but not all. For example, the Sport Loop doesn’t come in multiple sizes.
They could infer from the case size you have ordered, and if the What's in the Box is to be believed, that's what they now do:

Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 18.49.54.png

40mm

Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 18.49.37.png

44mm​

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
They could infer from the case size you have ordered, and if the What's in the Box is to be believed, that's what they now do:

That would make me pretty angry since I use a 44 mm and the M/L sport band doesn’t fit very well. I’m on the 2nd or 3rd notch from the watch lug with the M/L and the strap is very uncomfortable that way. On the other hand, I’m 2nd or 3rd from the end of the strap with the S/M. Works a lot better. Removing the smaller band reduces the value of the Titanium considerably for me. Luckily, I received both when I got my Series 6 Titanium.

Reactions: Brookzy

wrz0170

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2008
Reno, Nevada
Annnd the Eagle has landed. For those curious, I received the power brick with mine. I ordered 09/21. Early morning 09/24 it shipped. I must have just missed the cutoff where the power brick is now being removed.

SBTi with black leather loop.
D3050D4E-23EB-4925-97E1-BD6FEC21119D.jpeg

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
@wrz0170 congrats! UPS truck still wandering around the rural hinterlands here and hasn't made it to my place.

Trust you received both sizes of the Titanium sport band?

johnyyz

Suspended
Sep 18, 2020
I really want to get my hands on one of the grey sport bands that comes with the Ti version. If anyone in Toronto has one let me know! I'll pay more than it's worth...haha

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US

View attachment 960703
40mm

View attachment 960704
44mm

Fortunately, this is another instance of Apple's demonstrated propensity to mess up their website information.

My SBTi S6 arrived with both sizes of the bonus sport band.

IMG_6182.jpg

[automerge]1601320137[/automerge]
Thanks! Yes, I did receive two sizes of the band.

definitely chime in when you get yours!

Just five minutes ago.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
Fortunately, this is another instance of Apple's demonstrated propensity to mess up their website information.

Did you also get the charging brick? I think it’s well documented that the watches that came with the charging brick also include both sizes of bonus sport band. However it would appear that at the same time that the website was updated to show that there was no charging brick it was also updated to show that there is only one size of sport band. I don’t think anyone has confirmed yet that they got a watch without the charging brick or whether both sizes were included in in the packages without the charging brick.

strakagirl

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2020

View attachment 960730
[automerge]1601320137[/automerge]

Just five minutes ago.

Yay!

Mine arrived as well; came with both sizes of sports band and the power adapter.

As we discussed earlier, the current delay is probably due to packaging. The sticker on my box indicates that the power adapter is included. So not only do they need to remove the brick, they need new stickers . . .

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
it would appear that at the same time that the website was updated to show that there was no charging brick it was also updated to show that there is only one size of sport band.

No, Apple's website was showing only one size of sport band plus the brick in the Whats-In-The-Box well before they dropped the charging brick from the Edition models.

See this post from Sept 17th: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/titanium-aw6-thread.2254351/post-28905995

EDIT - also see the attached picture in my post from Sept 15th. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/titanium-aw6-thread.2254351/post-28895283

I don't think we've seen any orders placed on 9/22 or later arrive yet. Mine was places on 9/21 with an Oct 1-5 delivery estimate. The next day they showed Oct 20-24 or similar for even the common black sport bands. My guess, yet to be validated, is that was then the cutoff for including the brick (which I did receive).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.