Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Just picked up a SBTi from the Cerritos, CA Apple store.

It has the power brick, and both sizes of dark grey sport band. Digging the color. Nice change from my S5 natural Ti.

Maybe it’s the anti-social in me, but I really like the curbside pickup, haha!! Drive up, roll down your window, get handed your watch, and drive off. Nice!!
Yeah it was wonderful at Manhattan Village too. Last time I tried to get a titanium model in store I had to do a lot of chatting, and they wanted to help me set it up and stuff. This time, just hand me the thing through the window, and off I go ?

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
In the midst of one more spending over $900 on a smart watch, I don’t think the majority of ‘techies’ on this forum care about resale value. If you do, then you’re purchasing the wrong watch. Also, I don’t know how much you pay attention to the Used market for Apple Watches, but it’s increasingly becoming more difficult to sell the more premium model, because consumers aren’t willing to even spend over 500 on a titanium model, when they all share the same internals/incorporate the same watchOS.

Even more so, now Apple has that SE Apple Watch, which has an amazing starting price at $279.
I just sold my Series 5 Titanium for $470. Came out to just under $450 after fees. Sold in 1 day. Swappa.com. Not great but adequate and it sold fast which might mean I could have sold it for more.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I just sold my Series 5 Titanium for $470. Came out to just under $450 after fees. Sold in 1 day. Swappa.com. Not great but adequate and it sold fast which might mean I could have sold it for more.

Not bad. I’ve always been one where I don’t need top dollar for some products, especially if you want to sell it fast, I’m totally fine with taking a $40-$60 price cut for the sake of selling it, when everybody else needs to price theres at ‘max value‘.

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
For those in the Los Angeles area: They still show stock for 44mm SBTi at Cerritos, Victoria Gardens, and The Grove as of 08:10 PM PDT

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Just picked up a SBTi from the Cerritos, CA Apple store.

It has the power brick, and both sizes of dark grey sport band. Digging the color. Nice change from my S5 natural Ti.

Maybe it’s the anti-social in me, but I really like the curbside pickup, haha!! Drive up, roll down your window, get handed your watch, and drive off. Nice!!
Any chance you can post pics of the S6 SB Ti? Showing the finish? I hear it’s more brushed this year. The S5 was pretty matte only showing brushing in sunlight really
[automerge]1601351334[/automerge]
I sold my SBTi in June for $680 btw

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Any chance you can post pics of the S6 SB Ti? Showing the finish? I hear it’s more brushed this year. The S5 was pretty matte only showing brushing in sunlight really
[automerge]1601351334[/automerge]
I sold my SBTi in June for $680 btw

Sure, here’s S5 Natural with S6 SBTi:

8E1E2C52-55DE-4F88-BEE1-A77F06CBC70F.jpeg

72AA3921-E734-4511-9C32-69C1430A7873.jpeg

42EEFA89-65BD-45FC-A106-8CEFD3504A81.jpeg

swamyg1

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2007
Those pics are really nice! Makes the SBTi look pretty sexy compared to the already sexy natural Ti ?

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
How did you rationalize or what inspired you to get the Titanium AW? I’ve had 3 stainless steels and 1 aluminum and felt it was time for change. I also felt titanium was one of the classic watch materials besides gold and stainless steel, and saw the S6 as a good time to try out titanium before it’s too late. It’s unlikely, but Apple may discontinue titanium like they discontinued ceramic. It seems this year titanium is selling, but it seems last year when titanium first came out (I think S5 was the first titanium) there was more interest in the ceramics than titanium.

Reactions: strakagirl

Brookstar

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2019
SB TI 44mm has landed today ...... do you ever get used to the thickness and sheer size of the AW ? just seems so 'bulky' compared to my Sea Master ....... thinking of returning it ....only worn it for 10 minutes !!

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
SB TI 44mm has landed today ...... do you ever get used to the thickness and sheer size of the AW ? just seems so 'bulky' compared to my Sea Master ....... thinking of returning it ....only worn it for 10 minutes !!

I don't notice it.

Though before AW I wore Garmin running watches, and Polar before that. AW ain't nothin' compared to a Fenix3.

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
How has the natural Ti held up? Any photos of wear areas scratches?

It’s held up great. I wear my AW daily and for swimming, running, biking, yard work, etc. The only blemish is where the lower part of the sport loop connects (by far my favorite band, so I’m always wearing some variant). I think the plastic end of the band rubs there when I expand the loop to take it off.

280216A4-B248-4A2C-80FB-B74112F7EE71.jpeg

E2C0A1BC-E43D-45CC-8949-7E7E4517FF1E.jpeg

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
How did you rationalize or what inspired you to get the Titanium AW? I’ve had 3 stainless steels and 1 aluminum and felt it was time for change. I also felt titanium was one of the classic watch materials besides gold and stainless steel, and saw the S6 as a good time to try out titanium before it’s too late. It’s unlikely, but Apple may discontinue titanium like they discontinued ceramic. It seems this year titanium is selling, but it seems last year when titanium first came out (I think S5 was the first titanium) there was more interest in the ceramics than titanium.

I‘m just a sucker for Titanium, haha!! Since S0, I’ve never had an interest in any AW material other than SGAL. As soon as I saw they had Ti last year I knew I was in trouble, haha!! I went natural for S5 just for a change from SGAL. This year, I’m going with SBTi.

Reactions: deeddawg

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
Aren't mechanical sports watches generally thicker? I tried on the super serious Rolex diver Sea Dweller and that's was very thick. Also tried on Milgauss and Submariner, but can't remember how thick or thin. It didn't make an impression on me, so I guess they were average. Sea Master is probably the same thickness as Submariner?

S0 was thinner, but the subsequent AW had a more dome shape underneath so while thicker it was more comfortable to wear. The dome elevated the AW off the wrist providing more airflow is my guess as to why it feels more comfortable to me.

strakagirl

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2020

I have an S3 in stainless steel that I love, but always thought was a *wee* bit too shiny. Almost pulled the trigger last year when titanium was offered, but didn't. When ceramic got discontinued this year, I decided I needed to get the titanium before it goes away.

Reactions: Luba

johnyyz

Suspended
Sep 18, 2020
I don't know what Seamaster you have, but the SMPc is 12.8mm thick, and the new Diver 300M is 13.7mm thick. Both of them are thicker than the Apple Watch.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando

For what it’s worth, I’ve worn watches pretty much forever and I’m a huge techy. For the at least the last decade I had been waiting for a smart watch, but the first few that came out years and years ago were way too big and bulky for me. The pebble and later the pebble steel were the only ones that I found acceptable size wise. They had a lot of other limitations and drawbacks, but at least the size wasn’t too bad. When Apple came out with their watch I couldn’t give them my money fast enough. I got my Series 0 on launch day and I’ve worn an Apple Watch every day since then. It was definitely thicker than I preferred. It was even thicker than the pebble steel I switched from, but technology wise it was way ahead of the pebble, so I went with it.

5 years and 5 apple watches later I still wish it was a bit thinner, but it doesn’t bother me at all anymore. I don’t really even think about it until a thread like this comes up. But if apple offered a thinner watch option I would be first in line to buy it.

TLDR: yes, you’ll get used to the thickness

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
SB TI 44mm has landed today ...... do you ever get used to the thickness and sheer size of the AW ? just seems so 'bulky

When somebody comments on the thickness of the Apple Watch, I tell them, “Have you looked at the competition?” (That’s rhetorical by the way). The Apple Watch is actually one of the smaller smart watches available on the market, compared to Garmin and other android watches.

For me, the Apple Watch is impressively not that large and bulky compared to other smart watches, not when they keep improving/supplementing health technology and barely have increased the battery size over the last four years.

• Haha
Reactions: deeddawg

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
When somebody comments on the thickness of the Apple Watch, I tell them, “Have you looked at the competition?” (That’s rhetorical by the way). The Apple Watch is actually one of the smaller smart watches available on the market, compared to Garmin and other android watches.

For me, the Apple Watch is impressively not that large and bulky compared to other smart watches, not when they keep improving/supplementing health technology and barely have increased the battery size over the last four years.

As a former Fenix3 owner, the Apple Watch is a wee bitty thing. LOL

Reactions: jdb8167

Brookstar

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2019
Weird question - but does anyone get strange pains on the underside of the wrist where the pin is on the sport band ? It’s not too tight .....

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Weird question - but does anyone get strange pains on the underside of the wrist where the pin is on the sport band ? It’s not too tight .....

Semi-joking question here, but just in case - you *do* have the bands attached so the pin faces out, yes? :p

Beyond that, maybe try covering the back of the pin metal with some gaffer tape (or duct tape) to see if perhaps there's some sort of skin irritation from the metal?

Brookstar

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2019
Semi-joking question here, but just in case - you *do* have the bands attached so the pin faces out, yes? :p
?? yes it’s on the right way .....however I’m still warring it but it’s turned off and the ‘odd’ pain is now easing .....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.