Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrz0170

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2008
Reno, Nevada
Fortunately, this is another instance of Apple's demonstrated propensity to mess up their website information.

My SBTi S6 arrived with both sizes of the bonus sport band.

View attachment 960730
[automerge]1601320137[/automerge]

Just five minutes ago.

Congrats!!!! If I missed it, my apologies. I trust you got the power brick?

I also ordered a 3-1 charger kit as well. Phone AirPods Pro and AW. Neat and tidy!

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Congrats!!!! If I missed it, my apologies. I trust you got the power brick?

I also ordered a 3-1 charger kit as well. Phone AirPods Pro and AW. Neat and tidy!

Yes, though easily missed as my mentioned of it was secondary to other stuff. It'll sit in the box just like any other ones.
I'm unfamiliar with this 3-1 kit. Kinda already have Qi pad and puck on the low dresser next to my old ihome clock. Never even unpacked my S5 puck, so that'll go with the S5 in resale.

Reactions: wrz0170

wrz0170

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2008
Reno, Nevada
Yes, though easily missed as my mentioned of it was secondary to other stuff. It'll sit in the box just like any other ones.
I'm unfamiliar with this 3-1 kit. Kinda already have Qi pad and puck on the low dresser next to my old ihome clock. Never even unpacked my S5 puck, so that'll go with the S5 in resale.

This is what I just ordered. Didn’t get it yet but if it does what it says it does. I’ll be happy

554EF7CD-8EC4-4341-8BAE-D6E60E406E21.png

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
I really want to get my hands on one of the grey sport bands that comes with the Ti version. If anyone in Toronto has one let me know! I'll pay more than it's worth...haha
Do you want the light gray with the natural titanium or the dark grey with the SBTi? I might be able to sell you a used dark gray one if that's what you're looking for.

wrz0170

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2008
Reno, Nevada
Looks great. Where did you see it? Does it have an identifiable brand name?

On Amazon. Do a search for Apple 3-1 Chargers. As far as brand name. Unfortunately no. I’m not too concerned about charging speed as I charge overnight. On the a rare occasion that I forget to charge my phone, I just break out the dedicated iPhone charger.

it’s probably on par with my small, single charging pad I have now.

Reactions: Mr.McCruzer

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
That would make me pretty angry since I use a 44 mm and the M/L sport band doesn’t fit very well. I’m on the 2nd or 3rd notch from the watch lug with the M/L and the strap is very uncomfortable that way. On the other hand, I’m 2nd or 3rd from the end of the strap with the S/M. Works a lot better. Removing the smaller band reduces the value of the Titanium considerably for me. Luckily, I received both when I got my Series 6 Titanium.
Apple's better off letting us choose S/M or M/L. It's makes buying the process more complex, but Apple has already go down that route with the Solo Loop.

Reactions: jdb8167

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
Apple's better off letting us choose S/M or M/L. It's makes buying the process more complex, but Apple has already go down that route with the Solo Loop.
I agree but it still makes the Titanium Edition less valuable on resale. I usually don’t concern myself with that as much as usability for myself but it still isn’t as good.

Reactions: Luba

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Fortunately, this is another instance of Apple's demonstrated propensity to mess up their website information.

My SBTi S6 arrived with both sizes of the bonus sport band.

View attachment 960730
[automerge]1601320137[/automerge]

Just five minutes ago.
Good to hear. As a final data point it will be good to hear from anyone who has received one without a power brick but still with both band sides, as I’d hazard a guess that these changes would be linked.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Just did an in-store pickup of a SBTi which just came into stock today after being out of stock for a while. So I'm sure it's a shipment the store just received. Still had power brick and both sizes of the band.

johnyyz

Suspended
Sep 18, 2020
Do you want the light gray with the natural titanium or the dark grey with the SBTi? I might be able to sell you a used dark gray one if that's what you're looking for.
The dark one is preferred so that would be awesome. Ideally I’d end up with both haha

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US

Or they could just keep including both like they’re doing despite what the website might (incorrectly) suggest.

Reactions: Luba

Teride

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2015
Has anyone received a Titanium recently who can confirm if it no longer comes with the power adapter and has only one Sport Band size?

Comes with power adapter & gray band along with another of your choice.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Comes with power adapter & gray band along with another of your choice.
Are we just accepting that the Apple site is wrong now?

I'm still convinced that in the fullness of time the Apple site will be proven right and power brick-less and dual-size band-less models will trickle through.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando

I'm still convinced that in the fullness of time the Apple site will be proven right and power brick-less and dual-size band-less models will trickle through.

I agree. I think that there just hasn’t been enough time yet, at least for the power bricks. I suspect that within the next few weeks we’ll start to see titanium watches coming without power bricks. I think it’s possible, but maybe less likely that they will come without the dual sized bands as well.

Teride

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2015

Not sure I don’t see anything on the site that shows “what’s in the box”. I think the extra’s they ask for all watch orders. Not sure why they would start shipping with the power adapter & the standard gray band then stop all of a sudden.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US

Apple showed one size band plus brick back on Sept 15th.

Just how long a game you think they’re playing? Lol

IMG_0132.PNG

here’s what showed up for my 9/21 order.

95F79BDE-814F-4AB4-8170-C1FC7B517AEF.jpeg

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Not sure I don’t see anything on the site that shows “what’s in the box”. I think the extra’s they ask for all watch orders. Not sure why they would start shipping with the power adapter & the standard gray band then stop all of a sudden.

Scroll down.

B3C3CB04-7CBB-4D2E-9321-3D49D17A1168.jpeg

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I agree. I think that there just hasn’t been enough time yet, at least for the power bricks. I suspect that within the next few weeks we’ll start to see titanium watches coming without power bricks. I think it’s possible, but maybe less likely that they will come without the dual sized bands as well.

Delivery dates jumped nearly three weeks - on 9/21 they were showing Oct 1-5, then on 9/22 they were showing Oct20+ for same basic sport bands.

I’m guessing that’s the dividing line on the bricks. We shall see.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I agree but it still makes the Titanium Edition less valuable on resale. I usually don’t concern myself with that as much as usability for myself but it still isn’t as good.

In the midst of one more spending over $900 on a smart watch, I don’t think the majority of ‘techies’ on this forum care about resale value. If you do, then you’re purchasing the wrong watch. Also, I don’t know how much you pay attention to the Used market for Apple Watches, but it’s increasingly becoming more difficult to sell the more premium model, because consumers aren’t willing to even spend over 500 on a titanium model, when they all share the same internals/incorporate the same watchOS.

Even more so, now Apple has that SE Apple Watch, which has an amazing starting price at $279.

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Just picked up a SBTi from the Cerritos, CA Apple store.

It has the power brick, and both sizes of dark grey sport band. Digging the color. Nice change from my S5 natural Ti.

Maybe it’s the anti-social in me, but I really like the curbside pickup, haha!! Drive up, roll down your window, get handed your watch, and drive off. Nice!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.