Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nancy&co

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
Devon
To those of you who were wondering, earlier in the thread, about whether you would receive both size bands and power adaptor with the SBTI/Natural Titanium - I received my Natural Titanium today and it had both size bands and power adaptor. My order was placed on the 21st September and was shipped the evening of the 24th. I am assuming that everybody that placed their orders while the power adaptor was still advertised in the what’s in the box” list should get theirs.

Reactions: ice.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I currently have a Series 4 regular SS and a Space Black SS.

Can you help talk me into the Ti? I would keep all 3 as the resale is so low. I am also a person who has 90 plus bands.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando

Can you help talk me into the Ti? I would keep all 3 as the resale is so low. I am also a person who has 90 plus bands.

Well, the titanium watches come with an exclusive sport band that you can only get with the purchase of a titanium watch. Does that help? The natural titanium watch comes with a light grey band and the space black titanium watch comes with a dark grey band, so you might have to get both watches so you can add both of the exclusive bands to your collection ;)

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Well, the titanium watches come with an exclusive sport band that you can only get with the purchase of a titanium watch. Does that help? The natural titanium watch comes with a light grey band and the space black titanium watch comes with a dark grey band, so you might have to get both watches so you can add both of the exclusive bands to your collection ;)
I stopped thinking about the Ti but now stores an hour away have them in stock.

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009

to further your watching wearing experience. :) I feel that the classic watch case materials are steel, gold, and titanium.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I stopped thinking about the Ti but now stores an hour away have them in stock.

Then you must reside by stores that are ‘high volume‘, because the three of the Apple Stores in my region do not have tThe Ti, and they didn’t carry them last year either. But then again, these are ‘mall stores‘, and not brick and mortar standalone stores. So I have to order the Ti, but I still would prefer to at least see it ‘in hand‘, but then again; I’d rather avoid crowds given the pandemic.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
but I still would prefer to at least see it ‘in hand‘, but then again; I’d rather avoid crowds given the pandemic.

For what it’s worth, I believe that even the stores that don’t carry the Ti watches do still have them in their watch table and possibly available for inspection.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
For what it’s worth, I believe that even the stores that don’t carry the Ti watches do still have them in their watch table and possibly available for inspection.

Thats a great point. And to be clear, I don’t know if they do or do not have those on display in local stores I have. But I do know they don’t sell the Ti models in my region. Either way, I’m fine with the ‘blind-buy.’

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
Thats a great point. And to be clear, I don’t know if they do or do not have those on display in local stores I have. But I do know they don’t sell the Ti models in my region. Either way, I’m fine with the ‘blind-buy.’
In general, how do you go about your 'blind-buys'? Perhaps read reviews with a critical eye, also forums like MacRumors? :) I do that and ask too many people for their opinions. I end up with almost too much information. In the end, I think it's a crap shot, but I feel we have no choice to do 'blind-buys' because many types of stores now choose not to carry low-volume items. Then there's the unexpected, not sure, but I think Apple improved the way the anodized the aluminum AW. It looks to me that S6 aluminums have a smoother texture than S4 and below. Apple didn't say they changed the way they anodized. After visiting an Apple Store, I might get a S6 aluminum now.

Reactions: edhchoe

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
I’m tempted to try to exchange my graphite SS for the SBTi, what are the chances of finding one in a store?

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I’m tempted to try to exchange my graphite SS for the SBTi, what are the chances of finding one in a store?

That can be difficult as most stores don’t carry the Ti watches. You may be able to view one though, then order if you don’t have a flagship store with SBTi stock.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
In general, how do you go about your 'blind-buys'? Perhaps read reviews with a critical eye, also forums like MacRumors? :) I do that and ask too many people for their opinions. I end up with almost too much information. In the end, I think it's a crap shot, but I feel we have no choice to do 'blind-buys' because many types of stores now choose not to carry low-volume items. Then there's the unexpected, not sure, but I think Apple improved the way the anodized the aluminum AW. It looks to me that S6 aluminums have a smoother texture than S4 and below. Apple didn't say they changed the way they anodized. After visiting an Apple Store, I might get a S6 aluminum now.

My blind-buys Typically just come from past experiences with products and services I’ve owned. Apple has a lengthy history of releasing top quality hardware standards where I wouldn’t question if I would question my expectations. (Also owning a slew of other Apple products over the years.) But yes, other members photos and feedback does aid in my decision process.

Also, my last two vehicle purchases In the last two months (Cobra/Camaro SS) were complete ‘blind buys’ that I didn’t see in person and have been amazing. I’m just that type of guy that doesn’t solely rely on seeing it in person to make a purchasing decision, but I do lots of background research.

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
You need to build a watch without a leather band. Then you may see some stock
ive tried all combos and dont see any, but when i was in to get a solo braided loop the associate there told me they only list pick up when they have plenty and if its not listed it can just mean low or limited stock. i dont want to return my graphite and wait a month or two thats the thing

dsc888

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
Boston, MA USA
After returning my Graphite SS and picking up a Nike Edition, I was not quite satisfied and found a new shipment of the natural Titanium S6 at one of my local Apple Stores. I picked it up 2 hours later and just finished setting it up. Man, is this watch gorgeous. I had the S0 SS then had a S4 SBSS. I picked up a 2nd S6 because I feel that the watch is finally reaching a tech precipice with functions such as compass, stopwatch, alarm, HR monitor, SpO2, etc. It's also very fast and the AOD makes it feel finally like my old mechanical watches. I have always LOVED titanium for their lighter weight, slightly better scratch resistance and just less tendency is get smelly on hot summer days vs SS.

And for those who wanna know, my watch had it's first full charge at the factory on 9/22/2020 and it STILL came with the 5 watt wall charger.

IMG_2402.jpeg
IMG_2401.jpeg

Last edited:

dsc888

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
Boston, MA USA
It’s crazy how the natural titanium pretty much looks like aluminum in pics but in real life in looks quite different. I love it
Indeed! In real life, the Ti AW has a matte sheen and an every so slight tinge of light, light gold that makes it look nothing like Aluminum. It's a gorgeous color and material to touch and hold.

Ordered mine at 2:22 PM (Eastern Time - 22 minutes after keynote ended)
Titanium 44mm with Leather Link (Baltic Blue)
Ship date: Oct. 14th to 21st

I had a Series 5 Titanium 44mm last year as well. Heres why I decided on Titanium again:

- Less noticeable scratches. Compared to my Stainless Steel Series 4, my Series 5 Titanium held up much better. No major scratches from the naked eye. With my SS Series 4, it had lots of tiny scratches on it after a few weeks. Nothing major, and I was able to buff it out with a stainless steel polish kit, but I didn't want to have to polish my watch every month or so. My Titanium after a year almost looked brand new.

- Looks stunning. I know some people say the Titanium looks like the silver aluminum, but pictures don't do it justice. You need to see it in person. Titanium has a nice silver finish that is brushed and has enough reflection to give it a luxurious look to it. Looks very upscale when compared to aluminum.

- Rare. Its cool to know that the Titanium models are more rare when compared to the other models. Apple only sells the Titanium on Apple.com and only at there flag-ship Apple Stores. They can't be bought from official 3rd party retailers either. I have only come across a couple people wearing a titanium model out in public. Everyone else I see are wearing the aluminum models followed by the stainless steel model.
Did you get your watch delivered?

Brookstar

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2019
Does anyone have the Natural TI with the silver link bracelet ?

Im returning my SBTI as i cant get on with the sport band - the only other band I like is the silver link bracelet - so its either natural TI with silver link or Silver SS with silver link ..... from pictures on apples site i think the Silver SS looks better with said link bracelet

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
ive tried all combos and dont see any, but when i was in to get a solo braided loop the associate there told me they only list pick up when they have plenty and if its not listed it can just mean low or limited stock. i dont want to return my graphite and wait a month or two thats the thing

You basically have two options... Either you return your graphite within the return period or you don't.

Whether you find a SBTi within that timeframe doesn't change the decision-tree.

FWIW - SBTi 44mm with black sport band is showing Oct 16-23 delivery at the moment here in the US

Last edited:

JulianL

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2010
London, UK
After returning my Graphite SS and picking up a Nike Edition, I was not quite satisfied and found a new shipment of the natural Titanium S6 at one of my local Apple Stores. I picked it up 2 hours later and just finished setting it up. Man, is this watch gorgeous. I had the S0 SS then had a S4 SBSS. I picked up a 2nd S6 because I feel that the watch is finally reaching a tech precipice with functions such as compass, stopwatch, alarm, HR monitor, SpO2, etc. It's also very fast and the AOD makes it feel finally like my old mechanical watches. I have always LOVED titanium for their lighter weight, slightly better scratch resistance and just less tendency is get smelly on hot summer days vs SS.

And for those who wanna know, my watch had it's first full charge at the factory on 9/22/2020 and it STILL came with the 5 watt wall charger.

View attachment 961654 View attachment 961657
Sigh. This is going to get expensive. I’m on day 11 of my first ever AW, a SB 40mm Titanium (like you, just in time to still get a power supply in the box) and I love it but that natural Ti looks fabulous as well. I’d also like to add a gold SS at some point. And then there are all the band options. I’m about to push the button on an online order for an Hermes strap. Unless Apple do something weird next year I’m definitely on the get-the-new-generation-every-release-day cycle for at least the next couple of years and I suspect there’s a real danger that I might even crack in the next few months and end up “double dipping” into the s6 range before the s7 is released (which won’t stop me from also buying an s7 on release day of course!).

My only misstep so far has been getting the graphite Milanese loop with my SB s6 Titanium watch. The graphite finish doesn’t quite work with the SB finish, at least to my eyes, so I’m going to exchange the strap in the next few days. I still haven’t quite decided whether to downgrade to a sports loop to get a £50 refund to put towards my Hermes strap, and that would also start the process of me building up a collection of sports band colours, or side-grade the Milanese loop to the leather link to give me a couple of leather options. There isn’t a lot of stock on the leather link at the moment in the U.K. so maybe downgrading to a sports band (the dark green one I think) and pocketing £50 might be quickest & easiest.

NYanakiev

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2015
London, UK
Got my SBTi watch delivered earlier today. Love the colour- the natural Ti looks too much like my Rolex so I thought I should get something different. Looks excellent with the SB link bracelet and also got a saddle brown leather loop for it.

FYI, I also got a charger in the box and both sizes of the pink citrus sport band.
A quick tip for people going for Apple Care- paying in montly installments ended up being about £50 cheaper than paying in one go. Go figure :D:D

johnyyz

Suspended
Sep 18, 2020
I actually made the call to switch from the Graphite to the SBti yesterday. I picked it up at the Apple Store here in Toronto, can confirm that it came with both sized bands, as well as the brick.

Reactions: NYanakiev

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I actually made the call to switch from the Graphite to the SBti yesterday. I picked it up at the Apple Store here in Toronto, can confirm that it came with both sized bands, as well as the brick.

I should’ve used your process. Online, I actually canceled mine and then just re-ordered. I never thought to actually call Apple directly and have them make the change (Actually I didn’t even know you could do that), where it would save me some time with my shipping process. But using the method what I did, cost me more time, pushing my ship date out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.