Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
This Titanium watch is really throwing me for a loop. I've had several watches over the years and have always just stuck with the sport bands that came with them (with one metal band from best buy as an exception when I had a raw SS model). As of now I'm already at three bands for this watch and keep seeing more that look great with it.

Currently I use the included gray sport band for around the house and bed because it's so damn comfortable, the deep navy sport loop for the gym and the black leather loop for the office. I've been eyeing up a black leather strap with a butterfly clasp from Bandwerk and have been considering the Apple link bracelet, although I'm having a really hard time justifying the price tag on that one.

I know it's been asked before but I'm hoping someone has the raw titanium/silver link bracelet combo so we can all see how well it matches.

johnyyz

Suspended
Sep 18, 2020
I should’ve used your process. Online, I actually canceled mine and then just re-ordered. I never thought to actually call Apple directly and have them make the change (Actually I didn’t even know you could do that), where it would save me some time with my shipping process. But using the method what I did, cost me more time, pushing my ship date out.
It was pretty seamless. I just went in and gave them back the SS model, they gave me the Ti one and I paid the difference. Off I went! Took me about 5 mins total so it was super easy.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
It was pretty seamless. I just went in and gave them back the SS model, they gave me the Ti one and I paid the difference. Off I went! Took me about 5 mins total so it was super easy.

Oh, that makes sense. Then I guess it wouldn’t of mattered for me, we don’t have the Ti model in my location. So I would’ve had to use online anyways. I thought you meant you called Apple on the phone directly where they made the change for you where they canceled your order and then placed a reorder for the Model you wanted.

Enjoy.

Reactions: johnyyz

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
Does anyone have the Natural TI with the silver link bracelet ?

Im returning my SBTI as i cant get on with the sport band - the only other band I like is the silver link bracelet - so its either natural TI with silver link or Silver SS with silver link ..... from pictures on apples site i think the Silver SS looks better with said link bracelet

Yes, I’ve worn my natural Titanium watch with the silver link bracelet all of last year with my S5 titanium watch and for the last few weeks with my S6 titanium watch. I love the combination and I honestly think the silver link bracelet goes better with the natural Titanium watch than it does with the SS watch. I’ve gotten a number of random compliments on the watch and bracelet as well.

831279A1-2AA0-4B15-8917-8C214EDBD104.jpeg

Ignore all the marks and scratches on my well worn silver link bracelet. It is more than 5 years old and I have literally worn it every day since I purchased it, with every Apple Watch I’ve owned, from S0 all the way up to my current S6.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Yes, I’ve worn my natural Titanium watch with the silver link bracelet all of last year with my S5 titanium watch and for the last few weeks with my S6 titanium watch. I love the combination and I honestly think the silver link bracelet goes better with the natural Titanium watch than it does with the SS watch. I’ve gotten a number of random compliments on the watch and bracelet as well.

View attachment 961850

Ignore all the marks and scratches on my well worn silver link bracelet. It is more than 5 years old and I have literally worn it every day since I purchased it, with every Apple Watch I’ve owned, from S0 all the way up to my current S6.
Ooooohhhh baby that looks sharp.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I did a store pickup today and it had the brick and both band sizes.

Seems they will stop coming that way at some point and Apple didn’t know the production cutoff timing.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I know this has been said before but I am going to need to sticker this band so I don’t confuse the grey with Concrete or Fog

Attachments

• CB97E4C7-A6DA-4EBB-879D-9186C4E0A646.jpeg
    CB97E4C7-A6DA-4EBB-879D-9186C4E0A646.jpeg
    494.7 KB · Views: 142

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
That can be difficult as most stores don’t carry the Ti watches. You may be able to view one though, then order if you don’t have a flagship store with SBTi stock.
how do you know if an apple store is a flagship store?

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
the ones by me are in malls does that have any factor in it?

I don’t think so. There are three Apple Stores in the Orlando area and they are all in malls. I believe two of them are flagship stores (at least two of them carry titanium watches). Those two are much bigger stores and are also in the heart of the touristy area here in Orlando, so they get a lot of traffic.

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
I don’t think so. There are three Apple Stores in the Orlando area and they are all in malls. I believe two of them are flagship stores (at least two of them carry titanium watches). Those two are much bigger stores and are also in the heart of the touristy area here in Orlando, so they get a lot of traffic.
so then what are the chances of a store carrying them even if it does list as pickup unavailable? ive been told they dont list pickup if supply is limited or very low
[automerge]1601587633[/automerge]
also would some be able to show a pic of the SBTi with charcoal braided loop?

Last edited:

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
so then what are the chances of a store carrying them even if it does list as pickup available? ive been told they dont list pickup if supply is limited or very low
[automerge]1601587633[/automerge]
also would some be able to show a pic of the SBTi with charcoal braided loop?

If feasible, go to the stores in your area and ask. As a secondary option, albeit IMHO less likely to succeed, call the stores and ask if they ever get Titanium models in.

Can't help with the braided loop.

View attachment 961850

Nice! does it scratch the watch easily?

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
Nice! does it scratch the watch easily?

Wearing the band doesn’t scratch the watch at all. It’s much stiffer than the Milanese loop, so it’s not even possible for the band to touch the watch. I suppose if you weren’t careful when you were switching bands you might be able to scratch the watch with one of the lugs, but when the band is installed there is definitely no scratching.

Last edited:

Nancy&co

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
Devon
Got my SBTi watch delivered earlier today. Love the colour- the natural Ti looks too much like my Rolex so I thought I should get something different. Looks excellent with the SB link bracelet and also got a saddle brown leather loop for it.

FYI, I also got a charger in the box and both sizes of the pink citrus sport band.
A quick tip for people going for Apple Care- paying in montly installments ended up being about £50 cheaper than paying in one go. Go figure :D:D
How were you able to get Apple Care + in monthly installments? I’ve not seen that available in the UK and it certainly did not give me that option when I went through checkout with the Titanium Apple Watch, I am genuinely curious and a little peeved if it turns out I should have had that option.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
How were you able to get Apple Care + in monthly installments? I’ve not seen that available in the UK and it certainly did not give me that option when I went through checkout with the Titanium Apple Watch, I am genuinely curious and a little peeved if it turns out I should have had that option.

It may be a US only thing. But at least here in the US we’ve had monthly options for AppleCare+ for the last few years.

Reactions: Nancy&co

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
I wasn’t able to get Apple Care+ in monthly installments when I bought the watch on monthly installments. Not sure why that is a limitation but it wouldn’t let me check out until I removed it. So I just added AC+ monthly after I picked up the watch. This is in the US though, no idea about the UK.

Reactions: Nancy&co

Nancy&co

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
Devon
It may be a US only thing. But at least here in the US we’ve had monthly options for AppleCare+ for the last few years.
Having checked, there was a report on MacRumors that it had been introduced this month to the UK amongst other countries but there definitely was no option to do so when I placed my order, be interesting to see going forward if anybody from the Uk does get the option.

jmitchel

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
If you purchase AppleCare+ separately after purchasing the Watch, Apple offer both the annual and monthly payment options for UK customers now.

I also choose monthly as it seems to out cheaper in the long run. £5.99 a month or £179 up front for for Ti S6.

I made the purchase via the Apple Support app. No diagnostic checks required either.

Last edited:
Reactions: NickYanakiev

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I also choose monthly as it seems to out cheaper in the long run. £5.99 a month or £179 up front for for Ti S6.

Depends on your intended ownership period and likelihood of utilizing AC+.

£5.99 a month for 36 months is over £215, a bit higher than the £179 up front AC+ cost.

£5.99 a month for 12 months is almost £72.

The £179 up front, cancelled after 12 months and assuming no claims, should get you around £115 refunded, for a net cost of ~£65. I'm assuming UK has similar prorated refund policies as does the US.

So you come out ahead with the prepurchased three year AC+ either if you'll retain the watch for three years or if you don't ever make a claim.

Reactions: NickYanakiev
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.