Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
No idea, I sold the M1 the other day. It isn’t PS native M1?
It is AS native but maybe something in the installer is not but done in such a way that it doesn’t trigger the normal automatic installation of rosetta. Sounds like a bug in the installer. Odd.

Dockland

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2021
Sweden
It is AS native but maybe something in the installer is not but done in such a way that it doesn’t trigger the normal automatic installation of rosetta. Sounds like a bug in the installer. Odd.
Very odd indeed. The 24.1.1 doesn’t seem to care about whether Rosetta is installed or not.

DC41

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2021
Yes. I have Rosetta and the entire Adobe Creative Cloud installed (company pays monthly bill :), and it still has many smaller helper programs that are not native. I don't know which of the major apps they support because they are usually just named "adobe something or other."

HTH

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Do you mean Calibre? If it's that it got updated back in July 2022. Let me know what you mean and I can try and help :) I use Calibre for all my books and PDFs from work.
There is a Mac Kindle app, which is still only an Intel app.

southerndoc

Contributor
May 15, 2006
USA
I've been running the Skype Insider Preview version... it's pretty fast now that it's AS-native!!

Does anyone know if the general release is AS-native now? I would like to go back to the official release.

Thanks in advance!

MrGunny94

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2016
Malaga, Spain
I've been running the Skype Insider Preview version... it's pretty fast now that it's AS-native!!

Does anyone know if the general release is AS-native now? I would like to go back to the official release.

Thanks in advance!
I tried today and it's still using Rosetta for me, not sure if it's supposed

vs40

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2016
Anyone knows some free download manager with sequential file writing and mirrors support?

Selchuk.

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2021
Anyone knows some free download manager with sequential file writing and mirrors support?
NeatDownloadManager
I tried today and it's still using Rosetta for me, not sure if it's supposed
CleanShot 2023-04-07 at 11.06.41@2x.png

Im using official GE release which is native support Skype. I have never faced any issue.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
I decided to install Sim 4 on my MBA M1 a few days ago. It was an Intel/Rosetta 2 app. Well today it upgraded to a universal app. The installer is still an Intel app, but the game itself is native.

Reactions: mr_jomo

Internaut

macrumors 65816
Well, so much for Skype being a dead product. I found I needed to install it on my Mac today and the Google search came up with this:

The official (none preview/insider) release is indeed lightning fast.

Reactions: VivienM

STOCK411

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2007
Did amazon just forget about the Kindle app?

its had numerous updates since the first M1 laptop came out and its still not a native build...

Absolutely unacceptable for a company of Amazons size

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
Did amazon just forget about the Kindle app?

its had numerous updates since the first M1 laptop came out and its still not a native build...

Absolutely unacceptable for a company of Amazons size

I just looked and I'm pretty surprised. It's just a build switch that they have to add. Fortunately the Kindle app uses very little CPU.

Reactions: Tagbert

STOCK411

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2007
I just looked and I'm pretty surprised. It's just a build switch that they have to add. Fortunately the Kindle app uses very little CPU.
still though, its reeks of laziness from a company that has more people working on Kindle products and apps, than most small companies employee entirely

Reactions: Tagbert

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
still though, its reeks of laziness from a company that has more people working on Kindle products and apps, than most small companies employee entirely

Fidelity Investments' Active Trader Pro is still non-native and they have $4.5 trillion under management. Charles Schwab has $7 trillion under management and they don't have a native Mac kit either. Active Trader Pro and Think or Swim can use up a lot of CPU and you'd think that these companies, that do have enormous resources, could just do a native Apple Silicon build.

STOCK411

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2007
Fidelity Investments' Active Trader Pro is still non-native and they have $4.5 trillion under management. Charles Schwab has $7 trillion under management and they don't have a native Mac kit either. Active Trader Pro and Think or Swim can use up a lot of CPU and you'd think that these companies, that do have enormous resources, could just do a native Apple Silicon build.
Banking/finance/Health apps, have some justifiable reasons (at least) for taking time...

A complete overhaul of those apps probably has to go thru a bunch of approvals to makes sure they meet all financial and healthcare regulations

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.