Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

MrGunny94

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2016
Malaga, Spain
Hi, how stable is it?
Have just done a couple of calls and been texting all morning and so far so good! For memory consumption we are under 300MB!

1674554612500.png

Jmackley

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2017
Have just done a couple of calls and been texting all morning and so far so good! For memory consumption we are under 300MB!

View attachment 2147240
I'm still completely unable to sign in, it broke months ago after I reinstalled whatsapp on my phone and I've reported the bug numerous times and nobody has bothered fixing it
EDIT: Just updated through TestFlight instead of using the version from the website and it's working once again for the first time in like 6 months

Last edited:

MrGunny94

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2016
Malaga, Spain
I'm still completely unable to sign in, it broke months ago after I reinstalled whatsapp on my phone and I've reported the bug numerous times and nobody has bothered fixing it
EDIT: Just updated through TestFlight instead of using the version from the website and it's working once again for the first time in like 6 months
That's quite strange, I downloaded from the website and have no complaints. The first sign in attempt did bug out but I restarted the app and now it's back to business!

I'm really liking it thus far but there's a bit of room to improve regarding performance when switching between chats.

Reactions: leszek54

Jmackley

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2017
That's quite strange, I downloaded from the website and have no complaints. The first sign in attempt did bug out but I restarted the app and now it's back to business!

I'm really liking it thus far but there's a bit of room to improve regarding performance when switching between chats.
Yeah it's strange but it seems like the latest update has finally solved it so it's all good now, yeah performance really hasn't improved much from when I used it back in August but it's still faster than the old electron-based app, honestly there's still a lot of room for improvement in Catalyst apps in general, idk if you've upgraded to Ventura yet but the new Catalyst made System Preferences there is a bit of a mess

galad

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2022
System Settings in Ventura is not a Catalyst app. Anyway the issue is not the UI toolkit.

Dockland

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2021
Sweden
Adobe Photoshop 24.2 (latest) isn’t M2-ready Fails to install. 24.1 works thou (didn’t find a support thread about M2 compatibility

dandeco

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2008
Brockton, MA
Worth mentioning that with Cyberlink PowerDirector 365 version 21.X.X, the application is now Universal, prior to initially being Intel-only. (Interestingly, Cyberlink first came out with the Mac version of PowerDirector in late 2020, most likely since they already have an iOS version and in response to the Apple Silicon Macs being able to run iOS apps, so they decided to do one better and basically make a Mac-compatible version of the PC version of PowerDirector, albeit with slightly less features (though a few more have also been added with subsequent revisions). But since the PC version of PowerDirector was designed for x86 Windows computers, it's likely that would be why the first two Mac versions of PowerDirector were Intel-only, but they must've known it could run on Apple Silicon Macs that have Rosetta 2 installed (and it did run nicely on my M1 MacBook Air that way). Still a good mid-range video editing application for those who want to go beyond iMovie but aren't ready for Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro or Resolve.

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
Adobe Photoshop 24.2 (latest) isn’t M2-ready Fails to install. 24.1 works thou (didn’t find a support thread about M2 compatibility
Are you saying that Photoshop 24.2 doesn’t work with Apple Silicon or are you saying that it might not work with a specific AS chip version? The latter seems unlikely as apps are not written to specific SOC hardware.

Dockland

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2021
Sweden
Are you saying that Photoshop 24.2 doesn’t work with Apple Silicon or are you saying that it might not work with a specific AS chip version? The latter seems unlikely as apps are not written to specific SOC hardware.
The installation fails at approx. 90%
24.1.1 works fine on my M2 Pro. Adobe is yet to update support for M2 and recommends M1 as supported until further notice

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
The installation fails at approx. 90%
24.1.1 works fine on my M2 Pro. Adobe is yet to update support for M2 and recommends M1 as supported until further notice
Hmmm that is odd. usually apps don't need to be coded differently for variations of the chips within a process family. I wonder what they are doing that breaks with the M2.

Dockland

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2021
Sweden
Hmmm that is odd. usually apps don't need to be coded differently for variations of the chips within a process family. I wonder what they are doing that breaks with the M2.
In particular the 24.2 update. Very strange. Adobe makes an exclamation on their site regarding M2

Reactions: Tagbert

maxsquared

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2009
London
I don't think it's M2 related, it doesn't install on my M1 Pro either, I think someone might mess up and used a old package that had Intel executable in it, and not being picked up in testing. Hope they will fix it soon, as I am not going to install Rosetta just for that.

Dockland

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2021
Sweden
I don't think it's M2 related, it doesn't install on my M1 Pro either, I think someone might mess up and used a old package that had Intel executable in it, and not being picked up in testing. Hope they will fix it soon, as I am not going to install Rosetta just for that.
Sounds logical hence version 24.1.1 work flawless

Reactions: maxsquared

DC41

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2021
Works without issue on my M1 Max. I double checked the version just to be sure. Sorry I can't be of more help.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Reading through the Adobe forums it appears to be that the install will fail if Rosetta is not installed on your Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.