Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

slplss

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2011
EU
Maybe try a privat tab? And don’t use any links but navigate through the apple website to the order status… should ask for the number and an email (the one you ordered with)
Shouldn’t involve your Apple ID…
Or use something without An Apple Store App on it so you don’t get linked there accidentally …;)
Did you pay with Apple Pay? If you check your Wallet, does it show any charge on hold? Mine doesn’t 🤔.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
The new 3nm process pro max had created quite a buzz. It got more mainstream media buzz than normal. Look how quickly the shipping dates ended up in October. I am willing to bet many people chose this year to upgrade with the milestone technology leap of the new Pro Max. The volume could be significantly higher this year.

I don’t want to downplay the technical achievement of the new process, but the specs aren’t as exciting as I thought they’d be. 10% performance increase, 20% GPU, and 2x neural engine. And battery sizes were increased slightly - yet, according to Apple, same battery life as 14 Pro series. It doesn’t make sense to me.

I’m hoping there are battery life improvements in the real world, and Apple was just being conservative with their estimates.

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
I had the pre-order ready to go last night in the app. Got in at 7:03 cst when it opened and it gave me error messages that "I had timed out" and wouldn't proceed. I had to just add one to my cart and check out the normal way, took 3 more minutes but I got the Pro Max natural titanium 256gb for launch day.

Reactions: Brad7 and killawat

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
This is just insane. Tried to place order for 30 mins and it kept giving me errors. My preorder disappeared once failed to open.
I gave up. Later saw dates slipping into oct 9 and now it is nov 9.

Saw notification that my card is charged by apple. Thought my wife ordered but rechecked email.

It looks like went in at 8:11 am for delivery(that was my 4th attempt). Luckily it got the right order otherwise i was trying different combos. Luckily charged once.

Imagine if ended up having 10 orders places - that many times i got place order errors.

AstroRexaur

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2021
I was able to preorder and pickup in store at 5:03AM (Vegas Time) (15PM Natural Titanium), my parter didn’t went thru as fast as me but was able to do it at 5:25AM (15PM Black Titanium). Both pickup at Apple Store Sept 22. The 4:55AM alarm was worth it. BTW, i‘m planning to go naked with AC+ (IYKWIM) any concerns with durability for those being naked with the 14PM?

Reactions: Brad7 and 5105973

vtboyarc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2011
I'm surprised but also not surprised. Multiple reports were out Apple was behind production schedule for 2-3 weeks (especially for Pro Max's model). That's probably the case here. They had limited supplies. I told everyone here today. Supplies will be constrained.
Phew, glad I was able to get a 9/22 delivery date for my Pro Max!
Now anxiously waiting for UPS info!

Reactions: Kierkegaarden

vtboyarc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2011
I don’t want to downplay the technical achievement of the new process, but the specs aren’t as exciting as I thought they’d be. 10% performance increase, 20% GPU, and 2x neural engine. And battery sizes were increased slightly - yet, according to Apple, same battery life as 14 Pro series. It doesn’t make sense to me.

I’m hoping there are battery life improvements in the real world, and Apple was just being conservative with their estimates.
I was surprised with the switch to 3nm there were no efficiency gains!

Reactions: xxray

zekkragnos

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
I ordered and got confirmation at 7:06am email. iPhone 15 Pro Max 512GB Natural Titanium. When I go to the app or even log in on the website the order no longer shows under my orders. If I go to the email confirmation and click on the order number, it does take me to the order. Has anyone else not able to see their order on the app or logging to apple.com under my orders?

AstroRexaur

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2021
I was able to preorder and pickup in store at 5:03AM (Vegas Time) (15PM Natural Titanium), my parter didn’t went thru as fast as me but was able to do it at 5:25AM (15PM Black Titanium). Both pickup at Apple Store Sept 22. The 4:55AM alarm was worth it. BTW, i‘m planning to go naked with AC+ (IYKWIM) any concerns with durability for those being naked with the 14PM?
BTW, the preorder “preorder preconfig” the day before never worked, i needed to select all my options again!

Check this out.

1694788559985.png

1694788583588.png

jtrue28

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Lexington, KY
I've only seen taxes for 1 of our phones charged so far. I have also received the email from Citizens One regarding that same phone's loan number. Nothing on the other phone (10/9-16).

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
I am not surprised, I was watching iJustine's video and Tim Cook said that this is the color even he is going to be using, until he starts using the 16 that is lol.
I have wondered how many devices they have in what stages of final. While 15 is launching today, they have to have 16 pretty close. I’d imagine 17 is also fairly far along and 18 might be in some form design (cad) stages. No clue. But curious.

Reactions: Wolfs and 5105973
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.