Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Toby Ziegler

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2011
Gallifrey
I'm surprised but also not surprised. Multiple reports were out Apple was behind production schedule for 2-3 weeks (especially for Pro Max's model). That's probably the case here. They had limited supplies. I told everyone here today. Supplies will be constrained.
They’re constrained every year to some degree or another. Demand is high, supply is not.

• Love
Reactions: CarolG

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
What a complete and utter joke of a pre-order process by Apple - especially for a company of their size. I finally was able to order online but delivery was already into October. I was able to get launch day in-store pick up but had to get the 512 GB storage option.
Totally agree. I kind of figured the preorder that I previously completed would be a mess and it kept coming up with an error. Was able to order my phones directly with delivery date for the 22nd.

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal
You know what's funny, it let me pick up the phone from my local apple store at 8:30 PM but the store closes at 8 PM lmaoo idk how that will work out...
I think the first day or two they have extended hours. The Apple store near me doesn't normally open until 10AM, but on launch day they open at like 8 or 8:30AM

svish

macrumors G4
Nov 25, 2017
Delivery still shows Oct 9 to 14th but it has moved to 'Processing'

15 Pro Max Processing.png

Hoping to get it earlier

dellandc

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2015
Hello! this is my first year missing pre orders since the 6S…. how is walking up to the store without a pre order nowadays? is it easy to get a phone? How early should I go camp?

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal
Hello! this is my first year missing pre orders since the 6S…. how is walking up to the store without a pre order nowadays? is it easy to get a phone? How early should I go camp?
I think this really depends where you live/what store it is. Since I am in San Diego the Apple Stores here on launch day start a line pretty early

Edit: launch day a lot (if not all) stores open earlier and close later so I don't know if the common person knows that, but anyone serious about getting a day 1 phone it is probably best to get there early

Reactions: CarolG and killawat

Crusader86

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2023
For everyone that was able to order in the first 5 min are you guys on the east coast? Im trying to figure out if we need a vpn next year to get in early
Yes - on the east coast - New England and was in at 8:02. Wife was upgrading as well and couldn't get in until about 8:09. There must be some traffic balancing going on - curious as to what the algorithm is !

Tb87Bln

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2016
The Belkin one that Apple sells is really good. It's twice the price of this one, but they install it in store and Belkin will replace it if it breaks within a year (and Apple will put that one on, too).
They replace it, if it breaks? For real?
I didn’t know that…

Reactions: killawat

dellandc

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2015
I think this really depends where you live/what store it is. Since I am in San Diego the Apple Stores here on launch day start a line pretty early

Edit: launch day a lot (if not all) stores open earlier and close later so I don't know if the common person knows that, but anyone serious about getting a day 1 phone it is probably best to get there early
Copy that. thanks! I live super close to a store so I’ll just be camping super early to be safe

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
Question- my initial order somehow put my billing address as the Apple Store address I am picking up from, which is clearly wrong. I placed a second order with the correct billing address just to be safe. For my initial order- do you think Apple will give me a chance to correct the billing address or will they just cancel the order?

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
STOCK UPDATE - 10:05AM CDT

Changes are in orange. I'll try to update this later this afternoon.

🟩The following are launch day (September 22nd)

iPhone 15 Pro
Blue - 256GB/512GB/1TB
Black - 256GB

🟨The following have slipped to October 2nd

iPhone 15 Pro
White - 256GB/512GB
Black - 128GB/512GB/1TB

🟧The following have slipped to October 4th

iPhone 15 Pro
Natural - 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB
Blue - 128GB
White - 1TB

🟥The following have slipped to October 9th

iPhone 15 Pro
White - 128GB

🟪The following have slipped to October 16th

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Blue - All Sizes
Black - All Sizes

The following have slipped to November 6th

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Natural - All Sizes
White - All Sizes

marchrose2011

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
USA
What case is everyone getting? I would really love to go caseless this year, but the stupid camera bump always annoys the **** out of me. Thinking I might order a clear one from Apple, but I also really dislike the magsafe ring on the clear cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.