Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
I tried since 7:50 this morning to get and complete my pre order. I had zero issues last year. Couldn't get in with the phone app, web site on the computer, or iPad. The store finally loaded at 8:30. I'm on the Upgrade Program and had already completed my pre order setup days ago. I went to complete the order and it completely deleted all of my information. Shipping address, credit card, phone number, email.....gone. I had to run down stairs, grab my wallet, re-enter credit card info. By the time all of that was complete the shipping date slipped to Oct 9-16th. I tried in store pick up for next Friday. Clicked "Complete Order". The button clicked, but nothing happened. I finally just took the shipping for the week of Oct 9-16th.

I had my preorder ready to go. Why did it completely delete all of my info??? Why can't the richest company on the planet ever handle a huge server load on launch day?
Going for ISPU makes your order go into the queue for your requested time slot at that particular store, when simultaneous orders are going in - so your slot got snatched up before your request could process so it errors out a little - and makes delays. It's a little more streamlined with home delivery in that regard.

Yeah @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ that time was nuts. For me with refreshing I got my ipad to respond. And did the checkout fine and then when place the order came the app failed with big error and never got back in. My 14 ProMax app never got in til 30 minutes past and by that time I had succeeded in getting the order done in webstore on my Mac At 15 past the hour. It was interesting that several including @julit0 used the email with link to the pre prepare to jump past all the app errors and problems and get in. Never thought of that. Something to store in mind for the 16 Ultra/ProMax next year I am thinking
That’s interesting so you guys didn’t place the order using an App? The app is usually the fastest. The web version Apple Store was down for me like forever. I guess it comes down to this. You gotta do what you gotta do to make it work. Everyone’s experience is so different.

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
yes - it's that old inventory term LIFO (last in, first out). So as they 'set aside' phones that got orders - yours went first and all those other Nat Ti regular pro phones got set aside after your first of the day order. Now as they unpile them to get them ready to ship - the last of them go first and you have to wait to the end. But you will get there!
It's actually interesting that you said that! Once the first people started reporting that they've moved to PTS, I could have sworn that that specific pattern was there. Not a term I've ever heard of, not until now at least, so that would actually make sense.

space220

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2023
Atlanta, GA / Orlando, FL
Still waiting for my 15P Natural 128 to move to PTS. This has been my least productive day at work for a while, I've just been sitting on this forum and refreshing my order screen to see what happens

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
Both my orders have went to preparing to ship. Ordered 9 minutes after start time.

1694803594714.png

1694803608424.png

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
Smoothest process ever!

On East Coast (Miami.) Firefox / PC; signed into the military portal and clicked through the 2% Cap One cashback (twice.) No pre pre orders done and only on one browser.

Had the Almost There screen until about 8:06 then did two separate orders - first 15 Pro Natural 128, second 15 Pro Max Natural 256. Did not do any trade in option on either though I may try to do it at pickup with my 13 if they will let me.

The Pro was pickup or delivery 22nd when I checked out and I got the 815-830am time slot as our store is only a few blocks away.

The Pro Max was pickup or delivery Oct 4-9 at that point, so I just did the same 815-830am time slot so my friend and I could go together.

Emails came in at 8:12 and 8:14. Quick, easy, no error messages, no slow loading, no drama. View attachment 2263257
But your pro max says 22nd not October.

Did anyone get pro max natural with a release date day?

How do you track the flights with iPhones
A lot of guessing and assumptions. @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ is an expert with this task. I'm just good at speculating.
Here's the actual link to track all the iPhones. No activity until Saturday evening or Sunday. All the registered UPS planes are operating. We will track down which one is carrying the iPhones when the scanned barcode populates with tracking activity.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
You couldn't pre-order any of the early iPhones. I stood in several very long lines. But it was a happy crowd. I had a gold 5S. Really liked that phone.

Now waiting none-too-patiently for these. I also ordered one of the FineWoven cases. It's being delivered today.
(Also sorry for posting watch pic in iPhone thread.)
I actually preordered every iPhone from the 3GS onward. I did order for in-store pickup for the 3GS and the 4, and then again for the 5S, but the last one was a bit of a nightmare. I had to rely on an inventory tracker that someone created that would check all Apple Stores within like a 100-mile radius, waking up each night at 2 am or whenever they uploaded the new inventory data, until I finally found a gold one down near Miami and picked it up in-store.

BreakingKayfabe

Suspended
Oct 22, 2020
Southern Cal
Ha ha. I totally read intonation into this post:

Happy, excited (almost a fast speaking tempo): I have settled on Natural Titanium since it's the most popular color and it's also the flagship color Apple is showing. I always go after the flagship color (yes, I hear the italics).

Monotone, less interested: The blue iPhone (note how it doesn't even get a descriptor like Titanum): It will be my secondary (read: less used, less pretty, less important, overall just less) backup iPhone.

That's how I read all of that. And as a soon-to-be-owner of a solitary phone that happens to be blue (Titanium), I am slightly sadder!!!!
The Pro colors lineup this year look like a rainy day lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.