Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
How do you track the flights with iPhones
People get their tracking information through UPS My Choice. They then search flight aware for scheduled flights coming out of China for UPS that could coincide with a time frame of their phone having to be flown to Alaska. Then they spend hours watching a little plane icon on the screen cross the Pacific Ocean and biting their nails, hoping nothing goes wrong.

Haven’t preordered since iPhone 6 so what happens next after Preparing to Ship? I mean obviously shipping but how do you see the plane it’s on, etc.?
Welcome! So glad you are here with us.

All that information will be provided in the coming days. Expect some aviation activity to hit on Saturday evening or Sunday. We'll keep you posted.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Joke’s on all of you. Apple is saying I can pickup my phone now!

IMG_0053.jpeg

dallegre

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2016
People get their tracking information through UPS My Choice. They then search flight aware for scheduled flights coming out of China for UPS that could coincide with a time frame of their phone having to be flown to Alaska. Then they spend hours watching a little plane icon on the screen cross the Pacific Ocean and biting their nails, hoping nothing goes wrong.

Honestly the most fun part about ordering an iPhone. Watching the little plane icon move across the Pacific.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
That’s interesting so you guys didn’t place the order using an App? The app is usually the fastest. The web version Apple Store was down for me like forever. I guess it comes down to this. You gotta do what you gotta do to make it work. Everyone’s experience is so different.
Oh I placed the order using my iPhone and the store app because it grabs the information from phone without hassle. But the issues were with completing the order this morning. restarting and such the iphone was met with it not opening til 30 minutes past. Trying with iPad app got me in to the pre pre order and it was going fine, click to check out (worked) click to place order (a big fail) then trying to get back into the iPad app I could not and then tried the store website on my MacBook and after a second of poking found the spot to finnish there instead

Reactions: Surf Monkey

nimitz9

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2021
I actually preordered every iPhone from the 3GS onward. I did order for in-store pickup for the 3GS and the 4, and then again for the 5S, but the last one was a bit of a nightmare. I had to rely on an inventory tracker that someone created that would check all Apple Stores within like a 100-mile radius, waking up each night at 2 am or whenever they uploaded the new inventory data, until I finally found a gold one down near Miami and picked it up in-store.
HaHa, I remember seeing that Apple inventory availible website. Good times good times. LOL

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Honestly the most fun part about ordering an iPhone. Watching the little plane icon move across the Pacific.
Am i to understand you put your phone number (the one you used to purchase the phone) with no spaces with area code...or the order number with the W leaving off the last 2 digits...and you type that number in ups my choice...in the tracking number tab?

Reactions: Brad7

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
PRO/PRO MAX STOCK UPDATE - 1:40PM CDT

Changes are in orange. I'll probably update this one more time today for the ones who had to work.

🟩The following are launch day (September 22nd)

iPhone 15 Pro
Blue - 1TB

🟨The following have slipped to October 2nd

iPhone 15 Pro
Blue - 256GB/512GB

White - 512GB
Black - 256GB/512GB

🟧The following have slipped to October 4th

iPhone 15 Pro
Natural - 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB
Blue - 128GB
White - 256GB/1TB
Black - 128GB/1TB

🟥The following have slipped to October 9th

iPhone 15 Pro
White - 128GB

🟪The following have slipped to October 16th

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Blue - All Sizes
Black - All Sizes

The following have slipped to November 6th

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Natural - All Sizes
White - All Sizes

Kinda surprised how unpopular blue is and how popular white is. Though I guess it could just be supply differences.

NickyValentine

Suspended
Aug 7, 2023
Ha ha sad but true

Alectric

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2009
The last couple years, this has been waived with a phone call.

(Or there's a place to waive it by clicking buttons on the AT&T website)
Oh, okay. For the first time I skipped last years iPhone. When I got my 13s att would not budge on that $35. Every year prior I was able to make a quick phone call and asked them to wave it without a fight. Good to know. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.