Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Lex404

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)
Hey folks, new here but I need some intel from US folks.

Short story long, European visiting NYC on 28th this month (29th is my birthday).
Up until today I was pretty hyped about getting a 15 Pro Max in Natural Titanium (256 or 512), trading in my 13 PM also bought on 5th ave with trade in. The reason why I'm buying them in the US is price... prices in EU are crazy, plus trade in is not available in my country.
But it looks like there's a little shortage... everywhere online and the hype rapidly turned into panic :eek:

Questions:
From your past experience, what are the odds to be able to buy one in store on 28-29th? I've heard that they do restock, but amounts are quite low.

Also, can I order one, if available, with in store pickup without having an american phone number? I see that sometimes, some come back as available in store and I was thinking to order it online with pickup on one of those days.

Thanks

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America

Short story long, European visiting NYC on 28th this month (29th is my birthday).
Up until today I was pretty hyped about getting a 15 Pro Max in Natural Titanium (256 or 512), trading in my 13 PM also bought on 5th ave with trade in. The reason why I'm buying them in the US is price... prices in EU are crazy, plus trade in is not available in my country.
But it looks like there's a little shortage... everywhere online and the hype rapidly turned into panic :eek:

Questions:
From your past experience, what are the odds to be able to buy one in store on 28-29th? I've heard that they do restock, but amounts are quite low.

Also, can I order one, if available, with in store pickup without having an american phone number? I see that sometimes, some come back as available in store and I was thinking to order it online with pickup on one of those days.

Thanks
Chances are very low, but not 0. It is more than possible that someone will cancel an order that will become available for pickup for whoever gets to it first.

cannono

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2014
Everyone who got promised a launch day delivery. Feel lucky and blessed. Even iJustine couldn’t secure one.

This just proves no one has the power against Apple and this thread is too powerful. We were able to help each other out and rely on this strong community together. As a team! As a family!

View attachment 2263383

I'm 100% sure all the big YT's will be getting whatever colour and storage size they want on day one. No way is iJustine having to wait until Oct, even if they post differently.
Nah, she and others have explained before. They get a press unit to borrow under NDA so they can create reviews for next week. They have to return them. To own one, they have to order like anyone else and that can lead to a gap in having the newest one.

Panic over, found it under Trash, I was pretty sure I had not touched it but obviously not :oops: Can I blame it on being blonde lol. We had other things going on this morning so who knows. But thankfully all is good. Looking forward to the traveling starting this weekend.

Now I also remember the comment about the phone being sent via ship rather than air. Could these phone already be stateside for US??

My first instinct was you may have moved it under the trash. I’m glad you found it. Yay!

Nope! Chances are very unlikely. These iPhones are not in stateside. All are in China right now ready to be shipped out from the Foxconn Production Assembly Plant. I do believe the famous YouTubers already have their iPhones and they are going to be testing it out.

Last edited:
Did anyone order a watch as well? What color combination did you go with? I think the starlight with clay band goes really well with the natural titanium View attachment 2263719
Very nice! This is a great combination! Congratulations! Looking very good.

You're order is stressing me out lol

Seriously though, I'm sure it'll be fine. I'd find something to help take your mind off of it for awhile. Then check back later tonight or tomorrow.
I think it’s way too early to be stressing out. It hasn’t even been full 24 hours yet 😂

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
View attachment 2263790

Has anyone tried to get their tracking number using UPS website. It wont pull up for me with phone number or order number.
It’s too early for the tracking number to populate. Should generate by tomorrow night or Sunday. Stay tuned! ✔️

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
This thread is the fastest moving thread whenever it’s new iPhone season.

I secured a Blue and Natural Ti for pick up 22 Sep at 8am when the Apple Store opens in Sydney! Will create a first impressions and photos thread when I get them.

I got the Blue Ti and Natural Ti for the partner but I’m having serious doubts about my own Blue Ti. Maybe I should’ve gone for the flagship colour instead like I did the last couple of years.

Attachments

• IMG_0546.jpeg
    IMG_0546.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 46

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
The reason why I'm buying them in the US is price... prices in EU are crazy, plus trade in is not available in my country.
First question back to you is do you need a physical SIM in your country?

The USA Models don't have a physical SIM port and only support E-SIM, 2 active max of 8 stored on device

Dave

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Safe and sound at home in Phoenix again. Wonderful London trip but boy was it a bummer trying to preorder from the plane. Oct 9-16 because the app was so lagged out and the website wouldn't even load from my phone. Fingers crossed maybe it'll bump up by a week if I get extra lucky. 🍀

Catching up on the thread (or trying to) and excited to start watching everyone's launch day order statuses and shipping! ❤️

This thread is the fastest moving thread whenever it’s new iPhone season.

I secured a Blue and Natural Ti for pick up 22 Sep at 8am when the Apple Store opens in Sydney! Will create a first impressions and photos thread when I get them.

I got the Blue Ti and Natural Ti for the partner but I’m having serious doubts about my own Blue Ti. Maybe I should’ve gone for the flagship colour instead like I did the last couple of years.
@Boardiesboi Yay! Thank you so much for posting and giving us an update. You are team blue tho 💙 I had a feeling Natural Ti was going to be the famous flagship model. That's why I ordered both 😂. Not to worry tho. Blue looks stunningly gorgeous.

You are going to be the first one to touch the iPhone 15 Pro Blue Ti. Hopefully, you make the news into the MacRumors front headlines. I will be waiting for your thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.