Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

dudeski

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2023
Hey folks, new here but I need some intel from US folks.

Short story long, European visiting NYC on 28th this month (29th is my birthday).
Up until today I was pretty hyped about getting a 15 Pro Max in Natural Titanium (256 or 512), trading in my 13 PM also bought on 5th ave with trade in. The reason why I'm buying them in the US is price... prices in EU are crazy, plus trade in is not available in my country.
But it looks like there's a little shortage... everywhere online and the hype rapidly turned into panic :eek:

Questions:
From your past experience, what are the odds to be able to buy one in store on 28-29th? I've heard that they do restock, but amounts are quite low.

Also, can I order one, if available, with in store pickup without having an american phone number? I see that sometimes, some come back as available in store and I was thinking to order it online with pickup on one of those days.

Thanks
i bought a sierra blue 13 pro in store in nyc 2 weeks after release. you need to check the apple store app every morning around 5-6 AM which is when they update stock. then you look to see if the store has it (there are like 5 stores here which is good), add to cart, in store pickup 8AM. it took me a few days to get the exact phone I wanted but it worked. only problem is you’re fighting against all of NYC for a tiny daily stock

Clocksetbyfeel

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
California
Just got notification my Nomad leather case is on the way. First time since the iPhone 6 I don’t have an Apple leather case
Same! I’ve always had the leather cases from apple even though the last few years they don’t patina as well they use to. There are definitely still great options! I ended up getting a darker grey with the Lonli this round. Normally I like the brown.

Reactions: edlex

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
I’m irritated with this years process..I set up pre-pre order..on app at correct time and it was down for 20 minutes at least b4 I could get my order to process..now delivery is into October..😒
Same. Was a tough year for me. 28 min before I was able to do anything. Somehow secured a 9/22 in-store for a Nat Ti Pro 512 on iUP. Wonder if we’ll ever know why the app and web, on all devices, was so jacked for so many of us? I literally did nothing different this year than I’ve done since the X. But the pre-order was very diff.

Lex404

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)
First question back to you is do you need a physical SIM in your country?

The USA Models don't have a physical SIM port and only support E-SIM, 2 active max of 8 stored on device

Dave
I know, luckily I'm using only ESIM since iPhone 11 :D So that's not an issue. Had some issues with my carrier getting the new esim active on the new phone in roaming when I got the 13PM, but it miraculously worked overnight and woke up with roaming on.
Also bands are the same (actually US models have all EU + more bands).

Found in another thread someone posted this website to check local stock, I guess I know where I'll refresh the page few days before the trip. http://iphonechecker.herokuapp.com/

Do you know how long they keep it in store if I order online? I'd order sometimes next week if possible..

dudeski

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2023
This thread is the fastest moving thread whenever it’s new iPhone season.

I secured a Blue and Natural Ti for pick up 22 Sep at 8am when the Apple Store opens in Sydney! Will create a first impressions and photos thread when I get them.

I got the Blue Ti and Natural Ti for the partner but I’m having serious doubts about my own Blue Ti. Maybe I should’ve gone for the flagship colour instead like I did the last couple of years.
I knew I couldn’t go blue because I was going to be jealous of natural. halfway through the year i’ll wish I had blue but the initial FOMO was too much for me lol

Same. Was a tough year for me. 28 min before I was able to do anything. Somehow secured a 9/22 in-store for a Nat Ti Pro 512 on iUP. Wonder if we’ll ever know why the app and web, on all devices, was so jacked for so many of us? I literally did nothing different this year than I’ve done since the X. But the pre-order was very diff.
Agreed! The App was acting very differently this year. I think servers were overloaded and then within 5-10 minutes it crashed thus people got in later and it ended up delaying their orders. That’s why it is always best to have like 3-5 devices handy and try your luck on all devices hoping one of them works so you can get your order in. One of them will work and then you rely on that. You just have to pay close attention, focus and stay consistent.

Last edited:

IUBall22

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
1694813123681.png

Icealicy

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
I see many people mentioning they paid with Apple Card. Lol, does it matter??? Serious question. I paid with Apple Card.

TurboCoder2022

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2022
Apple has seemingly been doing this for more than a decade. Surely their IT team has learned to account for demand in these situations?

Agreed! The App was acting very differently this year. I think servers were overloaded and then within 5-10 minutes it crashed thus people got in later and it ended up delaying their orders. That’s why it is always best to have like 3-5 devices handy and try your luck on all devices hoping one of them works so you can get your order in. One of them will work and then you rely on that. You just have to pay close attention and stay consistent.
In addition, don't do what @LasersGoPewPew did. She was legit sleeping when all this was happening what in the world? I'm over here running on 2 hours of sleep and she’s over here getting her beauty rest. 🤦🏻‍♀️

LasersGoPewPew

macrumors 604
Sep 12, 2014
PDX
Agreed! The App was acting very differently this year. I think servers were overloaded and then within 5-10 minutes it crashed thus people got in later and it ended up delaying their orders. That’s why it is always best to have like 3-5 devices handy and try your luck on all devices hoping one of them works so you can get your order in. One of them will work! You just have to pay close attention and stay consistent.
My orders didn't even show up in my account until after I woke up the second time lol

Lex404

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)
First question back to you is do you need a physical SIM in your country?

The USA Models don't have a physical SIM port and only support E-SIM, 2 active max of 8 stored on device

Dave
That's alright, luckily my home carrier has esim for a very long time (using it since 11PM). network bands are also good.
i bought a sierra blue 13 pro in store in nyc 2 weeks after release. you need to check the apple store app every morning around 5-6 AM which is when they update stock. then you look to see if the store has it (there are like 5 stores here which is good), add to cart, in store pickup 8AM. it took me a few days to get the exact phone I wanted but it worked. only problem is you’re fighting against all of NYC for a tiny daily stock
so totally plausible if I'm eager enough. It just seems that everyone wants Natural color :))

Does anyone knows how long they keep in store past the pickup date? If I order let's say pickup on 25th and I show up on 28th.. will it still be there?

That's alright, luckily my home carrier has esim for a very long time (using it since 11PM). network bands are also good.

so totally plausible if I'm eager enough. It just seems that everyone wants Natural color :))

Does anyone knows how long they keep in store past the pickup date? If I order let's say pickup on 25th and I show up on 28th.. will it still be there?
I believe it's 14 days.

Reactions: Lex404

dudeski

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2023

yeah it was hard to get sierra blue because everyone wanted it but there will be stock. I was going to say I believe they keep it for 14 days so you can order early. you’ll have an advantage too if you’re on european time because it won’t be early morning.

Reactions: Wolfs and Lex404

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
Still processing... Card not charged (which is normal and fine, just thought I'd throw that in there).

But the processing is just getting annoying now. Fortunately, if this does work out, I won't ever have to worry about my preorders getting cancelled going forward! This is the end all/be all preorder!

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
Agreed! The App was acting very differently this year. I think servers were overloaded and then within 5-10 minutes it crashed thus people got in later and it ended up delaying their orders. That’s why it is always best to have like 3-5 devices handy and try your luck on all devices hoping one of them works so you can get your order in. One of them will work and then you rely on that. You just have to pay close attention, focus and stay consistent.
"Ya you gotta buy Apple devices to buy Apple devices."

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
Agreed! The App was acting very differently this year. I think servers were overloaded and then within 5-10 minutes it crashed thus people got in later and it ended up delaying their orders. That’s why it is always best to have like 3-5 devices handy and try your luck on all devices hoping one of them works so you can get your order in. One of them will work and then you rely on that. You just have to pay close attention and stay consistent.
For my phone, I ended up with 7:05 with the app. It took a few minutes for my ready details to load but it was fairly smooth sailing. But right when it went through the app crashed and I couldn’t order the second phone. While I was frantically refreshing the app I was looking for the email. Finally was able to order at Apple.com starting fresh without using my ready details. It was at 7:22. I woke up only 5 minutes beforehand, and it was quite the adrenaline rush lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.