Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
Alternate Reference Tracking

Go to this link: https://www.ups.com/track?loc=en_US&requester=ST/. Click on track by reference on the right. Use your order's phone number as your reference number. Fill out the rest of the fields you can. You should then be able to see if you have a tracking number yet. Once again, you can't see the number, but you have piece of mind.
1694872738085.png

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
I give up lol
Don't let my nerves get to you lol

The only reason that I'm so worried about this whole "Processing" thing is because I've had absolute disasters happen before. And the worst/first one started just like this. That's not something you have to worry about.

And I look at it this way: If my preorder does go through and it just took longer than everyone else to update, then, for every iPhone preorder going forward, I won't have to worry about it! This one is just like an end all/be all preorder. It will determine what happens every year going forward - because if this one works, then I get to keep doing the same thing every year after!

Long story short, you have nothing to worry about - so don't sweat it! We'll make it!

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
Thank you for this. Apple.com says order in progress, my payment method has not been charged, but I can track by reference and it says it's on the way. I am surprised that even before payment has been authorized its on its way?
That is surprising, but based on the issues yesterday, I can see this scenario. Maybe the computers haven't caught up on payment processing yet. That or your bank/credit card hasn't received the pending charge yet.

Part of Wave 1. This is where your iPhone is coming from.

This is one of the brand-new Foxconn facilities in Mainland China. Congratulations again!!!

View attachment 2264538 View attachment 2264539 View attachment 2264540 View attachment 2264541
Fun fact: Look at how close Zhengzhou Airport is to the Foxconn assembly plant. Even tho the airport is right there. Expect to depart from Shanghai airport.

Update: Pending confirmation. Not enough evidence as of yet.

1694873709106.png

It is a 10-hour drive to the Shanghai International Airport. You guys will be transporting from UPS trucks.

1694872995877.png

Last edited:

Xoterin

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2017
via iPhone 8 Plus
I stopped ordering iPhones from AT&T since iPhone 4 came out. Ever since then, only relied on Apple.com solely.
It’s been years. I had a business account with them at my last job.
Same here!!! Had a negative experience with 4 over at ATT

Ever since been dealing with Apple exclusively
I’ve never had a good delivery experience but I was getting my phones through a business account then.

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Alternate Reference Tracking

Go to this link: https://www.ups.com/track?loc=en_US&requester=ST/. Click on track by reference on the right. Use your order's phone number as your reference number. Fill out the rest of the fields you can. You should then be able to see if you have a tracking number yet. Once again, you can't see the number, but you have piece of mind.
View attachment 2264586
Yes. This is me. I can’t see the number or even the time but I have this view.

Are you sure? That isn't even close to CGO airport.
Yes sir. 100% sure!

It's a 10-hour route. Notice how the UPS label says CGO airport. The iPhones are expected to depart from CGO International Airport.

ZHENGZHOU AIRPORT (CGO)​

See this post.

#5,410

Last edited:

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Ok now that I have my tracking and such just pondering how the 22nd will play out with delivery. Unless there is overnight in my neighborhood UPS guy says we are typically end of route (Midish afternoon). I see this in my tracking:

IMG_8109.jpeg

It has it coming before that mid afternoon point I forgot what it was last year but he did not make it until 4-5 PM said he was delivering lots of iPhone 14’s. So my silly question at this point how good have been those estimated times (I see some this morning that are from mid to late afternoon. I know UPS servers have had issues so I take the scans and estimates with proper grains of salt LOL but inquiring minds keeping busy waiting for Christmas and their toys want to know LOL

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 10.05.45 AM.png
Hey guys... What? This was through the reference number.

Nothing for the 22nd, but the 18th (x2) and 19th???? I haven't ordered anything besides the iPhone. I know what the September 12th and August 21st deliveries were though...

• Wow
Reactions: Kat1661

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Ok now that I have my tracking and such just pondering how the 22nd will play out with delivery. Unless there is overnight in my neighborhood UPS guy says we are typically end of route (Midish afternoon). I see this in my tracking:

View attachment 2264591

It has it coming before that mid afternoon point I forgot what it was last year but he did not make it until 4-5 PM said he was delivering lots of iPhone 14’s. So my silly question at this point how good have been those estimated times (I see some this morning that are from mid to late afternoon. I know UPS servers have had issues so I take the scans and estimates with proper grains of salt LOL but inquiring minds keeping busy waiting for Christmas and their toys want to know LOL
Mine is also quoting a much earlier time than usual as well. I bet by Thursday or Friday that changes to “By end of day”.

• Haha
Reactions: rjjacobson

notabot10

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2016
So if we are on wave 1 is there a chance we’ll get it before Friday ? I’m using a temporary iPhone SE over here because I sold my 13PM :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.