Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014

Attachments

• IMG_6228.jpeg
    IMG_6228.jpeg
    839 KB · Views: 41

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Why cover the beautiful titanium and technology? I've been caseless for over a decade. No Apple Care either. Never an issue (even with some drops on various surfaces). Sure, maybe I've been lucky, but I say, just go naked!
Yeah, I will go caseless from time to time. I do still like to have a case, especially if I'm going to an event where I'm going to be using my phone a lot.

ht5pilot

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2011
MS
Decide this is the year I would downgrade in size in a long time. In the past, I have had the iPhone 6+, iPhone 6s+, iPhone XS Max, and currently iPhone 13 Pro Max. I‘ve placed an order for the iPhone 15 Pro Titanium Black 256GB for next week pickup. Ultimately, form factor and weight were the deciding factors in getting a smaller iPhone. I was reminiscing the times when I had the iPhone 5 and loved the design and form factor.

Reactions: bsmsam

Allen_Wentz

macrumors 68040
Dec 3, 2016
USA
costco allegedly gives $100 gift card for att preorder but im afraid to cancel it. Im sure my upgrade eligibility would be messed up for some time.
I just checked the Costco deal and the 15 Pro Max was only in black, and showed as unavailable when I clicked on the product link. Also I saw no $100 gift card, but I was unwilling to dig deeper into the Costco weeds.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
I've done it for many years without issues. Just make sure to select a hub and not a local store as that can and usually does delay it.
Yeah I was thinking of calling UPS when it scans in Kentucky and having them do it as opposed to me messing it up on the app

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
I must be wave two, no updates in my app and I can’t track by reference yet either. Oh well! Still excited!
ditto for family member (I'm skipping the 15 for now). No update, even though Apple shows preparing to ship.

My 13 Pro was first wave, and my Watch was on the infamous UPS plane which tipped backwards in Incheon...

• Wow
Reactions: 5105973
They are almost certainly being flown out with customer orders. I would expect Apple wants to limit the time they are in the store as they would be a major theft risk so early.
This is correct. Last year Apple Retail Stores received the iPhones in the same aircraft as mine. I tracked it all the way through. All the iPhones in Las Vegas, Nevada came from this UPS plane (below). Pallets of iPhones can be seen being unloaded.

I confirmed it with my friend who works at an Apple Retail store. Shot taken by me: September 15, 2022, at 5:21 PM.

1694878014449.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.