Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

lat2801

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2015
I ordered my phone through in store pickup but it was in my wife's name and billing. She had used my account earlier with her card to order some watch bands. It seems that when I ordered the phone, I didn't change any of the info and it shows her as the contact for pick up and billing. We called apple and they said it couldn't be changed. Is this true? Do I need to take her ID? Can we change it before? She'll be at work at the time so she can't pick it up.

jchiou

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Northern Virginia
eeek!
IMG_9372.jpg

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Last year I contacted Tim Cook and the other high-level executive team at Apple. I also contacted the iPhone Project Manager Head. I believe she is the Vice President. They have listened. Check out my personal email below. In addition, I physically mailed my letter too. So, I'm sure they received it.

I think the Red iPhone didn't happen this year because the iPhone design is pretty much finalized a year ahead. The email below sounds cheesy but I had to use Tim Cooks's favorite words.. You know enriching lives and all.

Maybe a Red iPhone is in the works. and we will see it in 2024.

We got USB-C tho. Also, EU helped as well. Apple listens but slowly. They take baby steps.

View attachment 2264767

View attachment 2264765
@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ you are amazing!
Yes! We’re definitely travel buddies. Mine’s there with the 10:30 pm stamp too.
I’m with you guys!
I just got here this morning and I have like 7 pages to go thru. Are we shipping and tracking now? Mine hasn't popped up in UPS yet.

I do have a question now for the others in the iUP program. Does your order confirmation mention the trade it kit? I just realized this morning that it doesn't specifically say anything about it. It does say in my order confirmation that I will be getting a trade in kit but normally it's listed on the order confirmation. I'm not super worried about it but I just think it's weird. Thank you!

Now back to getting caught up....
I don’t have anything showing shipping of the trade in kit on the app, just in the confirmation email saying, “we will send you a trade in kit”

Jonbinary

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023
Long time lurker on here but I got to say I love the energy on this thread! This is my first pre order in about 5 or 6 years and all the info on here makes it so much more exciting

I was able to pre order a iPhone 15 Pro Max Natural for my self and a white one for my partner yesterday through the site. I can see via reference number that my phone is on the move but can't find tracking for my wife's phone yet.

jchiou

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Northern Virginia
Sweet! Happy and safe travels :). It might be a while until you see your next scan. Pending..
yep! not too worried about it. i know it'll get here when it gets here! i've done several of these preorder/launch days and it's so exciting each time but i've learned to not stress about it cause there's always a lot behind the scenes we can't see. safe travels to you as well!

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I went with the black but I seriously was so close to getting this configuration.
I almost made the switch but was terrified my pre pre order would do weird stuff if I did. I hope it’s an option next year….
I, too, was worried that switching from the blue to natural would throw a wrench in my preorder, but it went smoothly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfs

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Well, so much for the UPS MyChoice app telling me I have an incoming package and giving me the tracking number. How else can I get the UPS tracking number?
Are you the only adult at your address with a UPS my choice account? We have some sort of issue where this feature works only for my husband’s log in and not for me even though I signed up separately and independently for my account. And it only seems to do this at iPhone preorder time. Other times I seem able to get information. Weird.

hhzhao

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2018
Northeast Ohio
Same! It's not like I'm using my iPhone any more than before. I think the always on display also is draining my battery? I hope the the iPhone 15 Pro is more efficient. I did read the battery isn't bigger than the 14 Pro (I'm not getting the Max). 😌
In theory, 3nm A17 pro chip should be more efficient than A16, then, adding on other functions and improvement with iOS 17, you may not see any battery performance improvement from iPhone 14 Pro (assumed you are using it the similar way as before). That is why Apple is not really emphasizing the battery performance with iPhone 15 pro announcements.

• Sad
Reactions: hungryteresa

iVegas

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2013
I'm a little confused about USB-C charging if someone can help me out. Will I still be able to use the several iPhone charging bricks I already have with a USB-A to USB-C cable?

In theory, 3nm A17 pro chip should be more efficient than A16, then, adding on other functions and improvement with iOS 17, you may not see any battery performance improvement from iPhone 14 Pro (assumed you are using it the similar way as before). That is why Apple is not really emphasizing the battery performance with iPhone 15 pro announcements.
I just hope we see battery improvements with iPhone 15 Pro Max running A17 Pro Chip. Not a big fan of iPhone 14 Pro/Pro Max batteries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.