Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters
I'm a little confused about USB-C charging if someone can help me out. Will I still be able to use the several iPhone charging bricks I already have with a USB-A to USB-C cable?
It's about to get real...

Life in 2023 and 2024.

IMG_3008.JPG

Last edited:

Chele

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Illinois
@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ you are amazing!

I’m with you guys!

I don’t have anything showing shipping of the trade in kit on the app, just in the confirmation email saying, “we will send you a trade in kit”

Thank you for the reply! This made me feel better. I'm pretty sure in the past, the trade it kit status was on the order confirmation and status page. But it's not this year. But I'm glad that mine it's the only one.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
I don’t show anything in UPS at all or with track by reference. Apple app says PFS. Is this strange not to have anything in UPS yet? Seems like everyone has a scan already.
It’s interesting how logistics work. I placed my order at 8:04 and don’t have any UPS activity yet. I placed the order for my wife’s phone at 8:24 after her app started glitching and her phone showed up in my UPS app this morning. On the Apple Store app, my phone’s status changed to PTS (or PFS) a couple of hours before hers. Go figure.

AppleWes

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2013
Oct 9 to 16 group here, wonder if any chance of shipping time bump up?

Previous years was lucky to get release day but traveling at 5am PDT so slight delay getting order in. Not a huge issue just excited for new phone! 

White PM 256GB

Last edited:

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
It’s been known to happen. In fact, it’s not outside the realm of possibility that you may get it close to release date. Has your status changed to PTS (preparing to ship) on the Apple Store app/website?

Reactions: AppleWes

Lex404

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)
So I'm giving up on trade in... seems it's not possible, and getting one 15PM Natural or white in store without ordering online is 0.0000001% chance. So I'll have to sell the 13PM separately (I hate selling stuff, too stressful).

Now back in hunting a 15PM 512, hoping Natural but White is okay too. It looks like in morning they update some stocks locally (I ws getting lots of distill notifications for stores in NYC around 4-5am EST)

JaisHTX

Contributor
Sep 22, 2004
Texas
I can find my phone using a reference number but how are you seeing the action on the phone? I only get a partial tracking number

I have a subscription to UPS MyChoice, and it shows all incoming packages as soon as a label is created for my home address.

Reactions: Wolfs

hhzhao

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2018
Northeast Ohio

White PM 256GB
Very much possible. Those dates are generated by system based on how safety stock and fulfillment projection setup. You probably won’t see activities on your order as a direct import, but showing up as a fulfillment directly from Apple regional distribution center as they will receiving normal stock in next few days anyway. Just sit back and waiting for status update next week.

LK2020

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2020
Are you the only adult at your address with a UPS my choice account? We have some sort of issue where this feature works only for my husband’s log in and not for me even though I signed up separately and independently for my account. And it only seems to do this at iPhone preorder time. Other times I seem able to get information. Weird.
Yes, I'm the only person using that account. It's weird. The app showed me my home address only and when I logged in on the computer to UPS My Choice, it showed my work address as the Default and my home address as a second address. So I just deleted the work address and now my home address is the only thing in there, but still no notification. I just called UPS International, but they wouldn't help at all. They said they need the tracking number to tell me anything and they told me updating the UPS My Choice app could take a few days to update. :( Not my year to track along with everyone else. :(

• Sad
Reactions: 5105973

Eradik

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Random but, how do mall stores work? I have an 8am slot but the mall doesn’t open until 10. It’s in a state I’ve never been (there for work), so I have no idea what entrance to use. I assume if I look on the map online, find the entrance closest to Apple, and go there, there should be people there directing, yeah?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.