Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
Flight Briefing - 1830z/1:30PM CDT

If you already have some scanning history, your iPhone is most likely getting loaded onto the UPS 747 that will be heading to Seoul. We are expecting the flight number to be UPS175. Your inbound aircraft has arrived and is being prepped for the departure back to Seoul. Please have your tracking number ready to confirm you are on this flight. Your departure scan should occur within the next 2 hours, so be on the lookout.

For those looking to track our journey, we will not have a flight plan on file. That above link should only work once the aircraft is airborne. It currently only shows our connecting flight. We will advise if there is a different flight number.

The weather this early morning is great for a flight. In Zhengzhou is currently 71F/22C with calm wind and clear skies. We are expecting mostly cloudy skies and a light wind from the southeast on arrival into Seoul. We aren't anticipating any weather related delays. We are expecting the flight time to be around 1 hour and 45 minutes. As a reminder, your phone must be put into airplane mode or turned off once the door is shut.

The aircraft conducting our flight today is a 2008 Boeing 747-400. It has plenty of space onboard.

70ed7009fb5602366c161b57df6810fd4431b6c6

We know you have no choice which cargo airline to fly, but we appreciate you choosing UPS. Those iPhones coming from Verizon fly FedEx and come with that heft $35 upgrade fee; and no one likes that.

Connecting Flight

We will likely be doing a crew change in Seoul. We should be staying on the same aircraft though and you can remain in your cargo bin through this change. Depending on logistics, we may have a slight delay out of Seoul. At this time however, we are looking at 6:45PM CDT (8:45AM KST) departure time from the ramp. The flight time should be around 8 hours. We will have more information once you get to Seoul.

1694889010195.png

How To Track

This link should update once the flight is airborne out of Zhengzhou. It currently shows our connecting flight. You can also follow along at FlightRadar24. Be on the lookout for a UPS plane out of CGO/ZHCC. Type ZHCC in the search to find the airport. Happy tracking!

1694888974558.png

chasers

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
They will turn it around and say itā€™s all part of being environmentally friendly. Carbon 2030 šŸ™„

carbon schmarbon o_O:rolleyes:

View attachment 2264921 Got my FineWoven case in Evergreen. I don't mind the feel of the fabric but I do mind that the case is a very dark blue-green and is not close to the picture on its own box.

IKYFL false advertisement. petty pending lawsuits over these carbon friendly cases šŸ¤£

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I'm taking back the Black FW Case and FW Wallet...just hanging on to the Blue FW case to make sure I have something for launch day. I have an Andar leather case + Caudabe Lucid Clear (back ordered to 10/02) on order, too. These FWs won't last a year with my usage by any means. Maybe if they were the same prices as the Silicon cases, I might have been ok with that - but not for the price of Leather.

View attachment 2264970 View attachment 2264971
View attachment 2264972

I know Apple wants to go green. but it's clear a lot of people don't care for these woven cases and Apple is hurting their brand by getting rid of the popular leather.

Lex404

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)
So has anyone noticed through both the app and website when you go try to buy a phone instead of being able to check local stores for pick up, itā€™s says In-Store availability on 9/22 but itā€™s greyed out?
Yep... and that's for 15 PM only.

And I'm sooooo stupid :(

Cos I finally got to order the 15 PM, but added the wrong card. So I was thinking, I can cancel it and re-order within minutes.... and nope, now you can't order with pick up anymore. Everything happened within 5 mins :(

I'm feeling so bad

• Sad
Reactions: Wolfs and Kat1661

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Yep... and that's for 15 PM only.

And I'm sooooo stupid :(

Cos I finally got to order the 15 PM, but added the wrong card. So I was thinking, I can cancel it and re-order within minutes.... and nope, now you can't order with pick up anymore. Everything happened within 5 mins :(

I'm feeling so bad

Yep noticed that for me too. Canceled my original order and wanted to do pickup. Not even able to. Oh well maybe I can get it next week.

What time do scans for Wave 2 usually start appearing? Iā€™m tired of obsessively refreshing my UPS app. šŸ˜‚
Most likely going to be later tonight or tomorrow early morning. UPS is done with the scans for the day. Hang in there!

If you do not have a UPS scan. You are part of Wave 2.

chasers

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
Iā€™ve been using iPhone since 2014 when iPhone 6 came out my last iPhone before I stopped was iPhone 7 Plus didnā€™t get another iPhone that I kept till iPhone 13 Pro. I was never able to keep an iPhone because at the time I was dating a person who would never let me actually keep phones I purchased and would always sell them. I had cheap android phones during that time and even though I have no problem with android I hated that time. Once I finally dumped that person 2 years ago I finally bought another iPhone and havenā€™t looked back since. Itā€™s one of the reasons why I constantly buy iPhones every year, I usually buy them on T-Mobile though their monthly payment and just pay it off fully by tax season.

Chile I'm glad you got out of that situation but I was just a DM away to make him disappear instead of your iPhone. just saying. I'm happy you're okay and in a better place overall. this 15PM is going to be something special šŸ™‚

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Iā€™ve been using iPhone since 2014 when iPhone 6 came out my last iPhone before I stopped was iPhone 7 Plus didnā€™t get another iPhone that I kept till iPhone 13 Pro. I was never able to keep an iPhone because at the time I was dating a person who would never let me actually keep phones I purchased and would always sell them. I had cheap android phones during that time and even though I have no problem with android I hated that time. Once I finally dumped that person 2 years ago I finally bought another iPhone and havenā€™t looked back since. Itā€™s one of the reasons why I constantly buy iPhones every year, I usually buy them on T-Mobile though their monthly payment and just pay it off fully by tax season.

Celebrating that you're out of that situation! Glad you're here with us to enjoy the fun!

Lex404

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)
What iPhone are you looking for (Pro Max, color, storage)? Maybe someone will cancel their order soon. In NYC the 5th Ave location is open 24 hours so maybe something will popup there?
15 PM 256 or 512, Natural or white. But until Friday 9/22 it's not possible to order pickup for PM...

I'm landing on 28th, so there's still time to refresh the page šŸ„² starting Fri 9/22

Reactions: SpecB
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.