Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Lakersfan74

Suspended
Oct 17, 2019
I get my Spigen clear case today iā€™m going to put my 12 Pro inside it to get an idea of how much larger my 15 Pro Max is

This may not be that crazy of an idea actually - if my order really did get flagged down for this reason lmao
Wonder if you managed to crash the Apple Online Order System after 0:05. So many controversies and sketchiness this year. šŸ¤Æ

Anyone order the 15 or 15+?

No update here. Still in the ā€œOrder in Progressā€ stage with no charge.
We are waiting for people to confirm. Rumor is it's coming from India šŸ‡®šŸ‡³ . Please keep us updated as well. Thank you!

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
This may not be that crazy of an idea actually - if my order really did get flagged down for this reason lmao
I read somewhere, maybe Reddit, that the splash screen was actually a queue they couldā€™ve been testing. Did you refresh the app any? If not, like we all did, maybe that is how you got the :01. But then maybe it wasnā€™t working right and the app was actually down. And you magically made it through. Insert your order in limbo problem. Boom. My Harry Potter theory.

I read somewhere, maybe Reddit, that the splash screen was actually a queue they couldā€™ve been testing. Did you refresh the app any? If not, like we all did, maybe that is how you got the :01. But then maybe it wasnā€™t working right and the app was actually down. And you magically made it through. Insert your order in limbo problem. Boom. My Harry Potter theory.
I was refreshing the App/desktop version on 4 devices rapidly from 0:59-0:03. It was at the 0:03 mark when I got in from iPhone 13 Pro Max. Everyone else failed. At 0:05 mark the Apple App Store crashed and received an error message and it didnā€™t come back on almost 20-30 minutes later.

So I have no idea how @IceCool manage to get in at 0:01 šŸ˜‚

iPad App below: Notice the time stamp.

IMG_3115.jpeg

iPhone App below:

IMG_3114.jpeg

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
View attachment 2265001

Processing Update

For those of you that are STILL processing with delivery dates set for September 22nd, this may be why. Apple has just confirmed to me that my order is still processing due to it being under review. They also stated that the overload of their systems is contributing to the delay, as expected.

It really is a matter of patience at this point. I called my CC issuer this morning to make sure there wasn't a hold or anything. I didn't expect it to be, but this is my first time using that card for ordering on Apple. Then I chatted with Apple where I was basically told that they see I placed my order on the veterans/military site and that I'm in line for processing. If they run into any issues, they would contact me.

I know my card is good. I know all of my provided information is good - nothing has changed. Sept 22nd delivery remains the date shown. Apple just needs to get through the sheer volume of orders that they received. You have so many interconnections at each step of this process and variations as well. For millions of orders, multiple ways to purchase, multiple options to purchase, multiple carriers to be notified based on the option chosen, authorizations, fraud checks, warehouse coordination, various shipping carriers and labeling, and on and on.

That said, none of this makes my desire to see movement NOW disappear, but I do remember to pause so I can at least make sense of what's happening.... still Processing here.

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
I don't know, that splash screen has been the same for years at this point. Also, I used the website, not the app. I refreshed it less than I did last year - probably slower than most people since I think most just refresh it at the speed of light! šŸ¤£

Reactions: Samantha124

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
I was refreshing the App/desktop version on 4 devices rapidly from 0:59-0:03. It was at 0:03 mark when I got in. At 0:05 the Apple App Store crashed and received an error message.

iPad App below: Notice the time stamp.

View attachment 2265020

iPhone App below:

View attachment 2265021
I had the same exact experience. Got in around 03 and my first phone order got the email at 05. Up until 03 I was getting the almost there message and error messages sometimes.

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
Something very less spoken is happening.

The more i think about my place order errors, more i recall it was arguing ā€œwe canā€™t process orders with trade in involvedā€.

Looks like apple pushed some rules to give advantage to full first time cash buyers to enjoy release date. Everyone else got to enjoy leftovers.

Something to think for the next time - no guarantee that you will get day 1 with trade in or financing tucked in.

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
I don't know, that splash screen has been the same for years at this point. Also, I used the website, not the app. I refreshed it less than I did last year - probably slower than most people since I think most just refresh it at the speed of light! šŸ¤£
Thatā€™s interesting you used the website. The app is where most of the problems came from. That would be crazy if they were reviewing it because it only took you one minute.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Still canā€™t figure out how @IceCool had a 0:01 time stamp. He really did beat the system.

He is the only one. Apple App Store didnā€™t go live for many people until 0:02-0:05. After that it crashed. Mindblown!

Foreal I got an :03 email confirmation and was shocked how simple it was...but then it all went to hell for sooooo many afterwards

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
Thatā€™s interesting you used the website. The app is where most of the problems came from. That would be crazy if they were reviewing it because it only took you one minute.
No idea. I've never used the app before. But last year, the website was an absolute atrocity. I didn't get in until 21 minutes after :00! And during the process... That was rough LOL

Reactions: tcdav26
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.