Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Foreal I got an :03 email confirmation and was shocked how simple it was...but then it all went to hell for sooooo many afterwards
Yup! I have the stamp too. Around the 0:05 mark, it crashed so badly. I was like damn that sucks. Iā€™m telling yā€™all we had 30-60 seconds to place our orders in. If you canā€™t get it in get ready to deal with the headache and servers being overload.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
anyone here from that iPhone launch where our plane took a tour of Asia b/c of a typhoon? and we were all sitting here just watching the planes hop from country to country b/c of detours? and even with all those delays and getting to Louisville literally the MORNING of launch day...UPS still got it to us same day? that was my favorite year šŸ˜‚ only b/c it gave me full faith in UPS logistics and also the commiserating and community feels šŸ’œ lol

Oh, absolutely! Mine went something like Louisville at 3AM to my local facility outside Chicago at 5AM and was on a truck out for delivery before 8AM! Aaaannd my package was delivered mid-afternoon! Now THAT was truly magical!

No idea. I've never used the app before. But last year, the website was an absolute atrocity. I didn't get in until 21 minutes after :00! And during the process... That was rough LOL
The app is always the fastest and easiest. Past 10+ years iPhone and iPad have always been reliable. I have rarely ordered an iPhone using the website.

Last edited:
Imagine itā€™s an iPhone Pre-order day past 5:00 AM (PDT). This is what you see.

16 minutes after the pre-orders went live. šŸ˜³

IMG_3116.jpeg

Last edited:

marchrose2011

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
USA
Yup! I have the stamp too. Around the 0:05 mark, it crashed so badly. I was like damn that sucks. Iā€™m telling yā€™all we had 30-60 seconds to place our orders in. If you canā€™t get it in get ready to deal with the headache and servers being overload.
I got a :03 email as well. I was refreshing on 3 seperate devices to get in and the app on my phone finally loaded. It gave me an error the first time but went through for a launch day 256 natty pro max

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
I have a UPS tracking number for my phone, but nothing yet for the watch. I assume it's the phone, anyway, as it's now in ZhengZhou and weighs 0.40 kgs.

My guess is the watch is already stateside.

joselc23

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2011
Is this fact or something you're assuming?
I ask cuz I was checking all this early morning and boom like 10AM PST, I couldn't check any models for stores around the Los Angeles area. I really didn't want to pin all hopes on next Friday when I can use Sat-Thurs...
Iā€™m seeing that message also for Roseville, CA. Does that mean it will be available in store?

Reactions: Kat1661

kjwamlex

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2016
Is anyone's iPhone coming from Kunshan, CN and just updated with arriving at Shanghai? How would this one would look like in terms of flight?

Does that reinforce my :01 bragging rights??? šŸ¤£
If I was in your shoes I would. I would start it off by sending the Apple Rep the ā€œdeliveredā€ screenshot. Ask them why am I in processing stage and I have an email confirmation with a 0:01 time stamp.

• Love
Reactions: svish and IceCool

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
If I was in your shoes I would. I would start it off by sending the Apple Rep the ā€œdeliveredā€ screenshot. Ask them why am I in processing stage and I have an email confirmation with a 0:01 time stamp.
You know what, next time I reach out to them, Iā€™ll do that. They should have processed mine first just because of the :01! šŸ˜¤

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Wow I'm reading all about MagSafe stands. Please stop me!! This one looks nice and fancy, but it's $150 and only pre-order.

I did find a 20% coupon online.

Or should I stick to my love, Anker, even thought it's not as pretty? There's a 15% coupon

Or do I REALLY need a MagSafe stand?

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
After a bad upgrade year for me on the 14 Pro series, Iā€™m feeling good about this year! Everything seems to be falling into place (knock on wood).

I got my release date pre-order for Apple Store pickup with no issues. My case and screen protectors have already arrived. And now, a usb-C only battery pack Iā€™ve been eyeing for months in anticipation of the iPhone 15 release went on sale for 50% off! And, itā€™s scheduled to arrive on release day! Yay! šŸ„³

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Something very less spoken is happening.

The more i think about my place order errors, more i recall it was arguing ā€œwe canā€™t process orders with trade in involvedā€.

Looks like apple pushed some rules to give advantage to full first time cash buyers to enjoy release date. Everyone else got to enjoy leftovers.

Something to think for the next time - no guarantee that you will get day 1 with trade in or financing tucked in.

I don't know if it is an advantage so much as less steps to process. If a person is using a credit to purchase and there isn't a trade involved, that's less steps and other parties to worry about. It's faster for me in the store to purchase using my credit card vs asking to also exchange an item or indicating I have coupon entitling me to a discount.

That said, I don't think there is a push towards giving an unfair advantage to one group over another because multiple purchase methods get through along with trade-ins. The system may just have less to do with a straightforward 1:1 purchase and can therefore process the order faster.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.