Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Tb87Bln

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2016
App is always the fastest and easiest. Past 10+ years iPhone and iPad have always been relying on me. I have rarely ordered an iPhone using the website.
This year I was able to start ordering with the website about 20 min inā€¦ when I was done I still couldnā€™t use the appā€¦
I was constantly switching on my phone between the Apple Store app and the websiteā€¦ at least after about 10 minā€¦ before that it was app onlyā€¦

(But that the German Apple Store might be a reasonā€¦)

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Imagine itā€™s an iPhone Pre-order day past 5:00 AM (PDT). This is what you see.

16 minutes after the pre-orders went live. šŸ˜³

View attachment 2265031
I finally got in the app at about :02. Finished placing order at about :03 and took this screenshot at :04. Oh and I still havenā€™t received the confirmation email!

IMG_7453.jpeg

dkinley

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2014
Reactions: timeconsumer
After a bad upgrade year for me on the 14 Pro series, Iā€™m feeling good about this year! Everything seems to be falling into place (knock on wood).

I got my release date pre-order for Apple Store pickup with no issues. My case and screen protectors have already arrived. And now, a usb-C only battery pack Iā€™ve been eyeing for months in anticipation of the iPhone 15 release went on sale for 50% off! And, itā€™s scheduled to arrive on release day! Yay! šŸ„³
I'm so sorry you had a terrible experience with UPS last next. Hopefully next year you can give them another chance and pick it up just fine at the UPS Customer Center.

Reactions: svish and xxray

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
Will apple stores have 15pro max in stock next week on launch day for walk ins? Since deliveries slipping to November I was wondering if I stand in line before the store opens on Friday will give me the chance to get one on launch day? Anyone know?
Yes, in store stock is separate from online orders. Phones will be available for walk-ins, but lines to the store could be very long and people may line up very early. If the store is in a mall, you can't line up prior to the mall opening.

Lex404

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)
I wonder if I should order the normal Pro instead of Pro Max... :/

Coming from 13 PM, partner has 13 normal. Kinda tired of big phones, if they were making them same specs I'd have gotten the normal pro without thinking too much, mut now I kinda want the 5x :)) tho probably it's gimmikish

chpthrll

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2015
Augusta,Ga
In the past, Apple stores receive stock on launch day Friday that theyā€™ll sell on Saturday. Check store pickup stock late Friday or early Saturday.
Last year I got my pro max 256 from store online and got it delivered in about an hour,after I had been in the store!!

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
I'm so sorry you had a terrible experience with UPS last next. Hopefully next year you can give them another chance and pick it up just fine at the UPS Customer Center.

Thank you very much for the kind words! I just had a lot of things kinda go wrong across the board with the 14 Pro series (not just UPS). So, Iā€™m just hoping the fact that things are going so smoothly so far with the 15 Pro series is a good sign that Iā€™ll have a much better experience with this new phone. Iā€™m ready to leave my 14 Pro Max in the past!

HeyMazza

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2022
Baltimore, MD
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.