Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

soothingchaos

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2015
Guys I need help. I have two preorders , one is shipped and one is pickup. Trade in for both orders selected the same old phone serial numbers. Would the in person pickup order be the easier one to change the trade in device serial number ? I have two old phones to trade in but both preorders chose the same one.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
I wonder if I should order the normal Pro instead of Pro Max... :/

Coming from 13 PM, partner has 13 normal. Kinda tired of big phones, if they were making them same specs I'd have gotten the normal pro without thinking too much, mut now I kinda want the 5x :)) tho probably it's gimmikish
I had the same dilemma, but the smaller, more manageable phone won out this time. I've been using a 14 Pro Max which has a great screen, but a little too big and heavy for me.

Reactions: Lex404
For people that changed delivery last year to pick up at customer center ups hub was it same day? Or got delayed one day?
Same day. It should not get delayed.

If it’s getting delayed that means you picked the wrong UPS CC. You have to make sure that UPS CC is assigned to your house (The main one).

This post explains better. Thank you!

Reactions: svish

LLL1424

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2005
Washington, D.C.
Same day. It should not get delayed. If it’s getting delayed that means you picked the wrong UPS CC. You have to make sure that UPS CC is assigned to your house. The main one.
I’d call UPS and Apple and see if you got the same information as I did. Please report if both agents were incorrect about the inability to hold packages this year for the iPhone.

Personally, I don’t bother dealing with “Picking up the package from UPS CC” until the Import Scan occurs or until It departs from KY. Why? Because by the time it makes it to the Las Vegas, Nevada (where I live) UPS CC hub it gets flagged right away that the customer has requested to pick up the package.

They slap a “Hold for Pick up” label right away on it. Ready to be picked up early in the morning. 🙌🏻

In addition: All UPS packages get scanned and flagged when it arrive. Aka Destination scan.

Lastly, I also make a phone call to the UPS agent to confirm that everything is good and the request has gone through. I confirm the date, pick-up address, and all that. Just to be safe.

Results may vary.

Last edited:

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
This year I was able to start ordering with the website about 20 min in… when I was done I still couldn’t use the app…
I was constantly switching on my phone between the Apple Store app and the website… at least after about 10 min… before that it was app only…

(But that the German Apple Store might be a reason…)
I was able to get in right away using my phone app. The only problem was my pre-order had "expired" and I had to put in my order again. All that and I got confirmation for my order at 8:04 from Apple. Easiest pre-order ever for me.

Lex404

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)
Managed to order the normal pro in my new favorite color. They blocked in store pickup only for ProMax

Having mixed feelings about the size, love the portability but worried about battery a bit.

Now I hope it goes through, because I added billing the US address (couldn’t select my country :( ). I’ll see on that 😬

IMG_9667.png

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Just reminder : THEY CAN UPS YOUR PHONE TO YOUR DOORSTEP WITHIN 24 HOUR FROM ZENGZOU TO YOUR DOOR
This literally happened with mine a couple years ago. The time change works in our favor
Flight Briefing - 1830z/1:30PM CDT

If you already have some scanning history, your iPhone is most likely getting loaded onto the UPS 747 that will be heading to Seoul. We are expecting the flight number to be UPS175. Your inbound aircraft has arrived and is being prepped for the departure back to Seoul. Please have your tracking number ready to confirm you are on this flight. Your departure scan should occur within the next 2 hours, so be on the lookout.

For those looking to track our journey, we will not have a flight plan on file. That above link should only work once the aircraft is airborne. It currently only shows our connecting flight. We will advise if there is a different flight number.

The weather this early morning is great for a flight. In Zhengzhou is currently 71F/22C with calm wind and clear skies. We are expecting mostly cloudy skies and a light wind from the southeast on arrival into Seoul. We aren't anticipating any weather related delays. We are expecting the flight time to be around 1 hour and 45 minutes. As a reminder, your phone must be put into airplane mode or turned off once the door is shut.

The aircraft conducting our flight today is a 2008 Boeing 747-400. It has plenty of space onboard.

70ed7009fb5602366c161b57df6810fd4431b6c6

We know you have no choice which cargo airline to fly, but we appreciate you choosing UPS. Those iPhones coming from Verizon fly FedEx and come with that heft $35 upgrade fee; and no one likes that.

Connecting Flight

We will likely be doing a crew change in Seoul. We should be staying on the same aircraft though and you can remain in your cargo bin through this change. Depending on logistics, we may have a slight delay out of Seoul. At this time however, we are looking at 6:45PM CDT (8:45AM KST) departure time from the ramp. The flight time should be around 8 hours. We will have more information once you get to Seoul.

View attachment 2264985

How To Track

This link should update once the flight is airborne out of Zhengzhou. It currently shows our connecting flight. You can also follow along at FlightRadar24. Be on the lookout for a UPS plane out of CGO/ZHCC. Type ZHCC in the search to find the airport. Happy tracking!

View attachment 2264984
pure awesomeness, @FlightLevel310
What time do scans for Wave 2 usually start appearing? I’m tired of obsessively refreshing my UPS app. 😂
it’s the early hours of the morning over there. Probably next wave in a couple hours, unless Sunday is a slow work day-and isn’t there a moon holiday or something like that in the middle of all of this-or was that particular to a few years ago?

Sugarcubes

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2014
I’m getting my phone through AT&T.com, is there any knowledge of how these phones are arriving?

This literally happened with mine a couple years ago. The time change works in our favor

pure awesomeness, @FlightLevel310

it’s the early hours of the morning over there. Probably next wave in a couple hours, unless Sunday is a slow work day-and isn’t there a moon holiday or something like that in the middle of all of this-or was that particular to a few years ago?
If there is no activity in the coming hours then I have a feeling Wave 1 has gone to Shanghai, China. But I have a feeling that’s not going to be the case anymore this year. It’s up in the air right now. 🃏🤹🏻‍♀️

Reactions: svish and Wolfs

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Thank you very much for the kind words! I just had a lot of things kinda go wrong across the board with the 14 Pro series (not just UPS). So, I’m just hoping the fact that things are going so smoothly so far with the 15 Pro series is a good sign that I’ll have a much better experience with this new phone. I’m ready to leave my 14 Pro Max in the past!
I haven't had the best experience with the 14 Pro Max either but it hasn't been too bad overall. My 14 PM needs to be restarted more often than any other iPhone I've had. I usually get the choppy scrolling that I've found can only be fixed with a restart. Did not have this issue with my 13 PM. I suppose it could just be iOS 16, but I'm not sure. Either way I'm looking forward to the 15 PM!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.