Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Hey everyone, Iā€™m back...

I went back a bunch of pages, and I was glad to read that I wasnā€™t the only one who had significant issues with preordering this year. The store opened up at 5:05 or 5:06 AM, but it took fighting with it until 5:20 AM to be able to access my saved pre-pre-order. The Apple Store application was completely useless, I ended up being able to push through on Safari on the iPhone and complete the order at 5:21 AM. I have an iPhone 15 Pro in Natural Titanium with 128GB of storage, much to my surprise, to be delivered on the 22nd. The 13 Pro and 14 Pro preorder process was WAY easierā€¦ My word. Something has to change for next year, this was an absolute mess!

I did sign up for the iPhone Upgrade Program this year, which required a change of carriers, which I did on Thursday. I switched over to Verizon from T-Mobile Prepaid. My number wasnā€™t porting over to Verizon, it took me 4 different calls to T-Mobile for them to turn the ā€œPort Protectionā€ feature offā€¦ Annoying! After they finally released my number, it was smooth sailing.

Regarding the iPhone Upgrade Program, I know itā€™s not too concerning considering my iPhone purchase went through, and itā€™s progressing through the process, but I have not received any form of communication from Citizens regarding the loan. I was charged the first month payment and the taxes from the purchase, I just called Citizens, and they were able to provide the account number and confirm that my loan was approved. Whew!

I havenā€™t seen any action on the UPS application, yet, but Iā€™ll be watching that like a hawk over the next day or twoā€¦ As we all do! Haha. Massive thanks to [mention]TheYayAreaLiving [/mention] for answering my questions about the proper time to change my delivery options! Iā€™m working on Friday and luckily, the local UPS CC hub is only a minute or two away from work! It was so smooth last year!

Itā€™s nice to be back.

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022

I went back a bunch of pages, and I was glad to read that I wasnā€™t the only one who had significant issues with preordering this year. The store opened up at 5:05 or 5:06 AM, but it took fighting with it until 5:20 AM to be able to access my saved pre-pre-order. The Apple Store application was completely useless, I ended up being able to push through on Safari on the iPhone and complete the order at 5:21 AM. I have an iPhone 15 Pro in Natural Titanium with 128GB of storage, much to my surprise, to be delivered on the 22nd. The 13 Pro and 14 Pro preorder process was WAY easierā€¦ My word. Something has to change for next year, this was an absolute mess!

I did sign up for the iPhone Upgrade Program this year, which required a change of carriers, which I did on Thursday. I switched over to Verizon from T-Mobile Prepaid. My number wasnā€™t porting over to Verizon, it took me 4 different calls to T-Mobile for them to turn the ā€œPort Protectionā€ feature offā€¦ Annoying! After they finally released my number, it was smooth sailing.

Regarding the iPhone Upgrade Program, I know itā€™s not too concerning considering my iPhone purchase went through, and itā€™s progressing through the process, but I have not received any form of communication from Citizens regarding the loan. I was charged the first month payment and the taxes from the purchase, I just called Citizens, and they were able to provide the account number and confirm that my loan was approved. Whew!

I havenā€™t seen any action on the UPS application, yet, but Iā€™ll be watching that like a hawk over the next day or twoā€¦ As we all do! Haha. Thanks to [mention]YayAreaLiving [/mention] for answering my questions about the proper time to change my delivery options! Iā€™m working on Friday and luckily, the local UPS CC hub is only a minute or two away from work! It was so smooth last year!

Itā€™s nice to be back.
Woot! Welcome back!

JFK1979

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
Denver, CO

I havenā€™t seen any action on the UPS application, yet, but Iā€™ll be watching that like a hawk over the next day or twoā€¦ As we all do! Haha. Thanks to [mention]YayAreaLiving [/mention] for answering my questions about the proper time to change my delivery options! Iā€™m working on Friday and luckily, the local UPS CC hub is only a minute or two away from work! It was so smooth last year!

Itā€™s nice to be back.
With Citizens this is the first year they sent account numbers so fast previous years it was a day or two before delivery

I havenā€™t seen any action on the UPS application, yet, but Iā€™ll be watching that like a hawk over the next day or twoā€¦ As we all do! Haha. Massive thanks to [mention]TheYayAreaLiving [/mention] for answering my questions about the proper time to change my delivery options! Iā€™m working on Friday and luckily, the local UPS CC hub is only a minute or two away from work! It was so smooth last year!

Itā€™s nice to be back.
Hi @three Welcome back!

Iā€™ve been waiting for you. Thank you so much for being here. So happy you are back!

kiddsupreme

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
Do y'all get Apple Care, Apple Care with Theft/Loss protection, or no Apple Care? Curious
Since I buy nothing but Otterbox Defender Pro cases, I havenā€™t found a need to have AC+ā€¦ although I do tend to baby my phone (if you saw ANY of my wifeā€™s phones youā€™d SWEAR they were all brand new). I guess it depends on how you treat it šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø

Fun Fact: The iPhone 15 series supports PowerSharing via USB-C to Airpods, Apple Watch, and other iPhones

1) While sharing power with another USB-C iPhone, the iPhone with a lower battery percentage will be the one that charges

2) However, with lightning iPhones, the iPhone with lightning will charge every time - independent of the phone's battery percentages

1694909936265.png

1694909947046.png

Credit: MKBHD

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
I do phone number i think order is minus the last 2 digits
That did not show up when under UPSā€™ reference numbers for my order. There were 3 other variations of a number that doesnā€™t mean anything to me at this point in time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.