Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

NeoSe7en

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2017
View attachment 2265324

This is the first time ever iPhone has ever received a PRO Chip. 💪
My theory is that the Pro chip name is a set up for future non-Pro models to have a non-pro chip instead of the previous year’s chip (i.e. A18 for the iPhone 16 and A18 Pro for the iPhone 16 Pro).

Come next year, it wouldn’t make much sense for the non-Pro iPhone 16 to have an “A17 Pro” chip inside.

Last edited:

NeoSe7en

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2017
Fun story. When the Pixel 2 came out we preordered 2. My wife took off a day at work to sign for them. It was warm out so she was sitting outside and the fedex guy sped by without even stopping, marked us as not at home. So we contacted them, they refused to send him back and we were risking the phones being sent back to Google. So that evening my wife drove to the distribution center, went to their customer lobby and demanded the man give her our phones. After some arguing he did and that was confirmation that I married the right woman.
I’ve had nothing but problems with FedEx for my entire adult life. Their incompetence has followed me from city to city, state to state. They’re unbelievable.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I've never gotten this message in settings before. Exciting!

IMG_0025.jpeg

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
But now the "non-Pro" iPhones get the chips from last year's "Pro" iPhones. Now that that this year they gave the 15 Pro chips labeled "Pro", what will that mean for iPhone 16 next year? Will they get the "Pro" labeled chip? If so, that makes it harder for Apple to keep this "pro" versus "non-pro" segregation among iPhone models.
Probably called A17 Bionic (or just A17) with fewer GPU cores and less RAM than A17 Pro.

Similar to M1, M1 Pro, M1 Max, and M1 Ultra naming.

Reactions: Wolfs

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Joined the Apple upgrade program, my order is “preparing to ship” with a delivery of Sep 22nd. Still haven’t gotten an email from citizens one for my loan. Should I be concerned?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.