Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
Question: What will you use the new Action Button for? 🤔

View attachment 2265458

View attachment 2265459

Silent mode on/off
Turn the flashlight on/off
Run a shortcut
Start Voice Memo
Accessibility
Launch Camera app
Turn on/off Focus mode
I will probably leave it as a silent switch for now. I wish that what they did was make it a long press to turn silent mode on/off always, then a quick tap or double tap to trigger another action

STOCK411

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2007
I actually had my UPS My Choice setup to Unit %%% (%%% is the apartment number) but despite using Apt instead of Unit on Apple it still picked up the tracking number automatically.

I work in IT and ran a test using my work shipping software. Using my address with APT in the shipping info will make the package populate on my choice.

Sending something to the same address with only the apt number (and no apt/unit) before the number will make it not populate on my choice and i have no “my choice” options as a result.

So….

M.Rizk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
I work in it and ran a test using my work shipping software. Using my address with APT in the shipping info will make the package populate on my choice.

Sending something to the same address with only the apt number (and no apt/unit) before the number will make it not populate on my choice and i have no “my choice” options as a result.

Interesting. Good thing I used the same billing address for shipping on Apple Pay then because I usually put just the number without apt or unit.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I work in IT and ran a test using my work shipping software. Using my address with APT in the shipping info will make the package populate on my choice.

So….
For my partner's iPhone's shipping address he just had an apartment unit number "123" instead of "Apt 123" and it's showing in MyChoice. We live together. My shipping address is "Apt 123" and that one also showed up in MyChoice. I did add my partner's "shipping address" as an address in MyChoice so maybe that's why it's loading?

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
The label for my phone has been created, but it hasn’t been scanned yet. Wave 2, let’s goooooooo!

Attachments

• IMG_4577.jpeg
    IMG_4577.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 45

Blondie&Dagwood

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2017
Y’all are all absolutely hilarious. I’m the new iPhone every 3 years guy. iPhone 3 to 6 to X to 12 Pro; now to 15 Pro Titanium Black. I don’t got the balls to do delivery. Also, UPS recently screwed up a few of my recent exhaust orders; I’m actually a FedEx guy. Therefore in-store pick-up for me this coming Friday. However, do love watching y’all.

Question, you are all aware that with UPS, once your package goes out for delivery, you can actually track the UPS delivery van on a map through the UPS map and website. I actually used it to track down my driver last week for a replacement part on the exhaust that they actually lost in Greensboro. I couldn’t wait all day, so I got into my car, tracked him down, and caught him at one of his stops to get my package. Are any of y’all planning to do the same thing on Friday?

STOCK411

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2007
For my partner's iPhone's shipping address he just had an apartment unit number "123" instead of "Apt 123" and it's showing in MyChoice. We live together. My shipping address is "Apt 123" and that one also showed up in MyChoice. I did add my partner's "shipping address" as an address in MyChoice so maybe that's why it's loading?

Yah. Thats most likely it. However. I cant add my address witbout the apt in it since it says its already enrolled (the account i have now).

Thats why i tried that test, and it does not auto populate despite UPS saying so.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Y’all are all absolutely hilarious. I’m the new iPhone every 3 years guy. iPhone 3 to 6 to X to 12 Pro; now to 15 Pro Titanium Black. I don’t got the balls to do delivery. Also, UPS recently screwed up a few of my recent exhaust orders; I’m actually a FedEx guy. Therefore in-store pick-up for me this coming Friday. However, do love watching y’all.

Question, you are all aware that with UPS, once your package goes out for delivery, you can actually track the UPS delivery van on a map through the UPS map and website. I actually used it to track down my driver last week for a replacement part on the exhaust that they actually lost in Greensboro. I couldn’t wait all day, so I got into my car, tracked him down, and caught him at one of his stops to get my package. Are any of y’all planning to do the same thing on Friday?
People were doing just that - finding the truck out on its route - last year at least. I remember more than a couple people doing that for their 14s.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Mine says the same thing. Idk but I won’t get mine until 5 and what’s worse during that time I see 3 or 4 UPS trucks making stops in my neighborhood but I am the last stop. Make that make sense.
The multiple delivery trucks are carrying different levels of UPS category deliveries. Examples:

UPS Next Day Air Early

Next business day delivery is available as early as 8:00 A.M. to most major cities in the U.S. or by 9:30 A.M. to most other cities. UPS delivers to more ZIP codes by 8:00 A.M. than any other carrier. Next Day Air Early serves more businesses than FedEx First Overnight

UPS Next Day Air

Air is ideal for shipments that must arrive the next business day. UPS Next Day Air delivers to more ZIP codes and more businesses by 10:30 A.M. and 12:00 P.M. than FedEx Priority Overnight

UPS Next Day Air Saver

This is the most affordable UPS overnight service. Delivery by 3:00 P.M. or 4:30 P.M. to most commercial destinations, by the end of the day for residential locations.

Importer? 🤷‍♀️
No Apple uses AI worldwide and in the USA for Fulfillment centers and return centers. AI is the customer of UPS even though it is handled by third-parties.

Dave

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
I got 9/17 and 8:26am. I guess that's wave 2? no ref number track but it popped up in myChoice.
I am a 9/17 0826 scan as well. There were another two sets of scans this same day (and morning in China). At our collective best speculation, yes, you’re in Wave 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.