Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

JaisHTX

Contributor
Sep 22, 2004
Texas
People were doing just that - finding the truck out on its route - last year at least. I remember more than a couple people doing that for their 14s.

Hopefully those people didn't have Apple Stores nearby. Otherwise I don't get opting for literally running after a UPS truck over a casual walk into an Apple Store for a scheduled pickup.

STOCK411

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2007
Interesting. Good thing I used the same billing address for shipping on Apple Pay then because I usually put just the number without apt or unit.

Ups systems should be smart enough that it does not need to require apt or unit before an address as i have had many packages sent to my apartment without unit or apt.

But this is ups we are talking about. It took me almost two months of constant nagging to get them to fix the issue with my chiocd that was preventing me from Even registering/ signing up in the first place

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Another wonderful member of Wave 2. Woo hoo! Congratulations @three. 👏🏻 👏🏻👏🏻
How are you counting Wave groups. So far they are all just collecting at the Airport since we have not had a further scan than Arrived at Facility at ZhengZhou, CN.

Right now it looks like Truck waves until the next step starts posting in UPS.

Dave

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Still look like since this morning when I track via order number or phone number 😡😡

ozrPCLe.png

JaisHTX

Contributor
Sep 22, 2004
Texas
Yeah. Even though the closest Apple Store to me is an hour and a half away, I'd still drive there than chase down a delivery driver.

And this might just be me having an old man yells at clouds moment -- but unless you don't have an Apple Store nearby, then I don't agree with bogging up UPS Stores and Customer Service Centers by changing to pickup delivery. If you have an Apple Store nearby, and can't be home for delivery, then schedule a pickup time at the Apple Store.

Reformed

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
Y’all are all absolutely hilarious. I’m the new iPhone every 3 years guy. iPhone 3 to 6 to X to 12 Pro; now to 15 Pro Titanium Black. I don’t got the balls to do delivery. Also, UPS recently screwed up a few of my recent exhaust orders; I’m actually a FedEx guy. Therefore in-store pick-up for me this coming Friday. However, do love watching y’all.

Question, you are all aware that with UPS, once your package goes out for delivery, you can actually track the UPS delivery van on a map through the UPS map and website. I actually used it to track down my driver last week for a replacement part on the exhaust that they actually lost in Greensboro. I couldn’t wait all day, so I got into my car, tracked him down, and caught him at one of his stops to get my package. Are any of y’all planning to do the same thing on Friday
Hunting down the UPS van, that sounds like a really good idea, lmao..

DaRaider65

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2015
Lubbock, TX
Well,
Second iPhone, PM 256 that I ordered and paid full price for finally has a label created for it, and the first phone, the one I have on installments is part of wave one.
I ordered the second one because my pre-pre-order on the first one said my pre-order card had expired so I just quickly made a second order. I didn’t mess with canceling the order because I was starting my shift at work and Didn’t really have the time to.

I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue 🤪

LK2020

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2020
same this is so sad I just want a tracking number
You said it. :( Never had to wait this long for things to update when I got in so fast on the Apple Store app yesterday. I commented right after that that it was the fastest I ever got in and checked out. It was awesome, but this is now the opposite and it's the longest I've ever had to wait to see any kind of progress with the phone shipping. :( It's crazy!!

Reactions: 5105973

NotApplicable

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2019
If you have an Apple Store nearby, and can't be home for delivery, then schedule a pickup time at the Apple Store.
Ooh apparently there’s an ethics of iPhone ordering now.

UPS makes money when you choose to have held at a CC. Not only do they literally charge for the option now, it removes your house from the route. If they didn’t want to make free money while letting the customer do more of the work, they wouldn’t offer it.

Gonna respectfully decline to obey your order. And not feel any guilt while doing so. Hopefully the UPS gods still let me past the pearly gates to pick up my phone.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I have a tracking number showing up in the UPS App. :)

Origin Scan 11:49 AM in ZhengZhou, CN on 9/16
Departed From Facility 9:50 PM in ZhengZhou, CN on 9/16
Arrived At Facility 10:30 PM in ZhengZhou, CN on 9/16

Yay, it's moving!!
This is the earliest I've ever received a tracking number. Having one is good for folks' piece of mind.

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
Finally got home after a very long day at Six Flags.

My FineWoven case delivered and my first impressions of are that it does have a rain coat like feel to it but more on the soft side. It makes a vinyl like sound when I rub my fingers back and forth across it.

As far as quality goes, only time will really be able to tell that. It may hold up fine or it may teardown quickly.

It definitely is inferior to the leather cases and does not feel like it is worth $60.

I think had Apple introduced this alongside the leather instead of replacing it, at a lower price, people probably wouldn't dislike it as much.

Also, did I miss anything important in the thread? Too many pages to read through.

I did receive my iPhone tracking number early this morning.

es26

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2017
I’m still almost 100 pages behind. Trying my best to catch up but I have a tracking number. It’s .40KGS with a label created at 10:42AM. I think that’s my Blue Titanium iPhone 15 Pro Max but I also ordered a Series 9 watch as well so I could be wrong. I can’t remember the weight differences. Very excited to start tracking though.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Still look like since this morning when I track via order number or phone number 😡😡

ozrPCLe.png
It’s a UPS Security measure. If you have a UPS account and sign in, it may/should give you more detail. Or if you have the full tracking number through another source (of which Apple won’t tell you until the phone is in KY already), UPS is trying to protect your package info.

Reactions: Wolfs and JaisHTX
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.