Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

LLL1424

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2005
Washington, D.C.
So can we not pickup our phones this year at a UPS Access Point? I got an email saying that Apple is not allowing the redirect. Anyone else?
I got told this by a UPS agent and a Apple rep. IT’s apparently some new rule. But like @julit0 said. Let’s wait and see. If this indeed is the case, UPS/Apple will receive some backlash

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
That does not seem right as other people have been able to search via reference
Yeah, it was weird to me as well. Maybe they show up once UPS has the package (in the system but not yet visible, maybe)

Editing to say that I looked again & clicked the tracking number which opened the actual tracking page & my phone number (with the area code) & order number (without the last 2 digits) are also there with the first 4 reference numbers

Last edited:

STOCK411

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2007
You may have a mismatch of some Sort between the address/phone # in your MyChoice account vs the Shipping address you provided Apple. As you can see from the APT # discussions previously - any mismatch throws off what UPS will show you.

Yah. And i am going to call ups on monday if thats the case. The system should be smart enough that if a package gets delivered correctly regardless of the apt being before the apt #, it should not throw off my choice. As i said before. I have gotten packages delivered to me that had APT and those that did not.

It’s asinine imo

Reactions: Wolfs and julit0

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
I'm looking at my tracking on UPS My Choice. I have the number but UPS doesn't yet have the package. There are 4 reference numbers listed & none of them is my phone number or order number
That does not seem right as other people have been able to search via reference
Mine was like that for a while, too…4 reference numbers nothing to do with phone or order #. Phone and Order # did populate under details a few hours later.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Yes. The reason why it’s greyed out is because it’s still in China. International laws are different. They are in control right now. The U.S. isn’t. (Until it passes customs for clearance) Once it makes it to the States it gets lifted and more options become available. Better to wait until you are in Alaska or Kentucky at least.

Even if you call UPS. They would advice you to call UPS International Customer Service. Agents in the US can’t do anything with the packages because of the International authorization hasn’t been passed.
Thank you!

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Yah. And i am going to call ups on monday if thats the case. The system should be smart enough that if a package gets delivered correctly regardless of the apt being before the apt #, it should not throw off my choice. As i said before. I have gotten packages delivered to me that had APT and those that did not.

It’s asinine imo
If you have a regular driver bringing your packages, it could be that they just know your name and APT #, even if it’s not on the label. I get you though 👊🏽

Reactions: 5105973 and Wolfs

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX

STOCK411

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2007
You may have a mismatch of some Sort between the address/phone # in your MyChoice account vs the Shipping address you provided Apple. As you can see from the APT # discussions previously - any mismatch throws off what UPS will show you.

For reference. Both of these tracking numbers have the EXACT SAME address. The inly difference is that on the line with my apt number, one of the tracking numbers had apt before my apt number, while the other just had the apt number
67b050e35a3646ada275928bd47b7d66.jpg

54c346ad46c395b0fc8e8080b77fc282.jpg

Ups system should be smart enough to know its the same damn address.

LiemTa

Suspended
Jun 2, 2014
And this might just be me having an old man yells at clouds moment -- but unless you don't have an Apple Store nearby, then I don't agree with bogging up UPS Stores and Customer Service Centers by changing to pickup delivery. If you have an Apple Store nearby, and can't be home for delivery, then schedule a pickup time at the Apple Store.
What do you get out of simping for a UPS service center?

Reactions: AppleWes

cpatrick08

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
The multiple delivery trucks are carrying different levels of UPS category deliveries. Examples:

UPS Next Day Air Early

Next business day delivery is available as early as 8:00 A.M. to most major cities in the U.S. or by 9:30 A.M. to most other cities. UPS delivers to more ZIP codes by 8:00 A.M. than any other carrier. Next Day Air Early serves more businesses than FedEx First Overnight

UPS Next Day Air

Air is ideal for shipments that must arrive the next business day. UPS Next Day Air delivers to more ZIP codes and more businesses by 10:30 A.M. and 12:00 P.M. than FedEx Priority Overnight

UPS Next Day Air Saver

This is the most affordable UPS overnight service. Delivery by 3:00 P.M. or 4:30 P.M. to most commercial destinations, by the end of the day for residential locations.

No Apple uses AI worldwide and in the USA for Fulfillment centers and return centers. AI is the customer of UPS even though it is handled by third-parties.

Dave
Mine says UPS Worldwide Express Saver

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
I’m going to look into making a shortcut for the action button. It would be easy for me to open my garage door on the way home with the action button.
You can do the short cut with MyQ already and just use a voice command to your phone or Apple Watch. You don’t have to wait for the action button and don’t even need it. Works through my Bluetooth helmet comm no problem.

Catchmyvibeee

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2022
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.