Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Iā€™m still almost 100 pages behind. Trying my best to catch up but I have a tracking number. Itā€™s .40KGS with a label created at 10:42AM. I think thatā€™s my Blue Titanium iPhone 15 Pro Max but I also ordered a Series 9 watch as well so I could be wrong. I canā€™t remember the weight differences. Very excited to start tracking though.
My Pro Max iPhones have always been around .40kg.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Iā€™m still almost 100 pages behind. Trying my best to catch up but I have a tracking number. Itā€™s .40KGS with a label created at 10:42AM. I think thatā€™s my Blue Titanium iPhone 15 Pro Max but I also ordered a Series 9 watch as well so I could be wrong. I canā€™t remember the weight differences. Very excited to start tracking though.
.40KGs is the Phone

Cayden

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2014
Utah
Both my :03 orders still have no tracking numbers (not showing up by reference or on My Choice). My phone always seems to ship out in one of the last waves no matter the order time!

Reactions: POWERPLANTHOMER

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
I looked back in Sep 2022 - my AWUā€™s weight was .60 kgs.

zfletch74

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2020
IMG_1718.jpeg

Just looked and itā€™s there!

chips99

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
So I'm thinking of ordering another charging cable, because from the images on the Apple website it doesn't look like the tops near the charging port are reinforced like some of the other Apple cables have been and this one that we're getting doesn't appear to be woven either and I think a woven once with a reinforcement will last longer.

I've found these ones on Amazon from Anker - https://www.amazon.com/Anker-2-Pack...CJPZ1P/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

I'll be honest I've never used any cables or chargers that aren't Apple in the past so are these reliable and will they cause any issues with the phones? I know before some people have blamed 3rd party cables and chargers on bricking their devices and I don't need that.

Thanks all. :)

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
so any update on purchasing iphones from the site or app and doing in-store pick-up? It's still greyed out for me :(
Yes it works now as has never stopped as long as your selected Apple Store has allocated Launch Day stock. Here is a link where you can check Apple store Inventory:

https://iphonechecker.herokuapp.com

Check the inventory for stores in your area with an available configuration and you can order an available configuration.

Dave

• Wow
Reactions: julit0 and HDJulie

LK2020

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2020
Ok, this is hilarious. I read the message above about asking Siri to open the garage door and I was being sarcastic with my situation and said out loud, "Hey Siri, find my new iphone" and all of a sudden Siri answers and says my iphone is nearby and it started vibrating and pinging. It was awesome. I never knew it would do that. I'll remember that when I can't find it in the house and it's on silent. :) Gotta find humor in all this craziness waiting around all this time just to get a tracking number. :)

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
On the whole UPS Customer Center Hold thingā€¦looking back at September, I must have submitted my request to hold when the phone got to KY on 9/22. Launch day morning, it showed the confirmation of the hold at the CC.

Sorry if this is TLDR:
I believe itā€™s way too early to think that we ā€œcannotā€ make the hold happen despite what Apple or UPS employees may have told some of us. What you do with your delivery is between UPS and You - NOT Apple. And if you pay for the service (whether one time or as an annual UPS Mychoice Member), I canā€™t see how UPS can deny it for just one particular shipment like our phones.

Anyways, I couldnā€™t get the hold request in much earlier than that Wed or Thurs, and it didnā€™t confirm until it got to my final CC and it was held. Hope this helps. My phone is on PDT in these pictures vs the EDT scan times in KY.
(9/22)
IMG_0149.jpeg

(9/23)
IMG_0169.jpeg

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
So I'm thinking of ordering another charging cable, because from the images on the Apple website it doesn't look like the tops near the charging port are reinforced like some of the other Apple cables have been and this one that we're getting doesn't appear to be woven either and I think a woven once with a reinforcement will last longer.

I've found these ones on Amazon from Anker - https://www.amazon.com/Anker-2-Pack...CJPZ1P/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

I'll be honest I've never used any cables or chargers that aren't Apple in the past so are these reliable and will they cause any issues with the phones? I know before some people have blamed 3rd party cables and chargers on bricking their devices and I don't need that.

Thanks all. :)

I love and highly recommend the products from Anker. I grabbed several of these, as backup, a few days ago! Love them!

STOCK411

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2007
I'm looking at my tracking on UPS My Choice. I have the number but UPS doesn't yet have the package. There are 4 reference numbers listed & none of them is my phone number or order number

That does not seem right as other people have been able to search via reference

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Ok, this is hilarious. I read the message above about asking Siri to open the garage door and I was being sarcastic with my situation and said out loud, "Hey Siri, find my new iphone" and all of a sudden Siri answers and says my iphone is nearby and it started vibrating and pinging. It was awesome. I never knew it would do that. I'll remember that when I can't find it in the house and it's on silent. :) Gotta find humor in all this craziness waiting around all this time just to get a tracking number. :)
I take it you don't have the Apple Watch? The 2nd thing I use the most with mine is pinging the phone. My phone is always on silent but it makes a noise when the watch pings it.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
On the whole UPS Customer Center Hold thingā€¦looking back at September, I must have submitted my request to hold when the phone got to KY on 9/22. Launch day morning, it showed the confirmation of the hold at the CC.

Sorry if this is TLDR:
I believe itā€™s way too early to think that we ā€œcannotā€ make the hold happen despite what Apple or UPS employees may have told some of us. What you do with your delivery is between UPS and You - NOT Apple. And if you pay for the service (whether one time or as an annual UPS Mychoice Member), I canā€™t see how UPS can deny it for just one particular shipment like our phones.

Anyways, I couldnā€™t get the hold request in much earlier than that Wed or Thurs, and it didnā€™t confirm until it got to my final CC and it was held. Hope this helps. My phone is on PDT in these pictures vs the EDT scan times in KY.
(9/22)
View attachment 2265507
(9/23)
View attachment 2265510

I tried with the cases that are supposed to be delivered on Monday or Tuesday. I have the paid for My Choice account, if thereā€™s a difference between free and paid. My only option for redirection / delivery changes was to deliver to another addressā€¦ Iā€™m hoping this isnā€™t the case with the phones. Itā€™s WAY easier to grab the phone at the hub. Iā€™ll be working all day and itā€™s way easier to go to the hub at lunch.

Iā€™ll keep trying, hopefully the option pops up when itā€™s actively moving and has hit the US.

LLL1424

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2005
Washington, D.C.

Sorry if this is TLDR:

(9/22)
View attachment 2265507
(9/23)
View attachment 2265510
Iā€™m hoping youā€™re right !!!! This would be an absolute first since Iā€™ve always picked up my packages since the iPhone 5

Reactions: Wolfs and julit0
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.