Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
So, how are we determining what's wave 1 and what's wave 2?. For instance, I had Origin Scan at 11:36am, Departure scan at 9:50pm and arrival scan at 10:30pm. In years past, I've always seen movement on Sunday, but this time there is movement on a Saturday. I'm guessing this is wave 1?

Just got home from Eating out and going to a Show . First thing I did was pull up My UPS and there it was :-D. I am on Wave 2

9/17/2023
08:27 AM
Label Created
Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.
China Mainland
Congratulations! Happy and safe travels!

I wonder if we are going to be traveling together to Las Vegas on Wednesday :) Time will tell.

So, how are we determining what's wave 1 and what's wave 2?. For instance, I had Origin Scan at 11:36am, Departure scan at 9:50pm and arrival scan at 10:30pm. In years past, I've always seen movement on Sunday, but this time there is movement on a Saturday. I'm guessing this is wave 1?
9/16 is Wave 1.
9/17 is Wave 2.

What does your date stamp say? China time.

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
Mine finally hit preparing to ship. Thank god.

Screen Shot 2023-09-16 at 11.06.31 PM.png

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Just got home from Eating out and going to a Show . First thing I did was pull up My UPS and there it was :-D. I am on Wave 2

9/17/2023
08:27 AM
Label Created
Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.
China Mainland
As am I. I'm not totally convinced about this "wave" stuff, though. We're creating
this completely speculative construct around the shipping of our iPhones. I suppose it's fun though and keeps us occupied, whether it's accurate or not.

As long as we all get our iPhones on time!

The 5 was my first, so it'll always have a special place in my heart (despite the small screen). I love my 12Pro (and the fun associated with being here during the pandemic). But I miss having a bigger screen (had an XS-Max). I'm looking forward to the 15PM because of the higher refresh rate, the dynamic island and going back to a bigger screen; as well as the retro-like '5' design frame and it being lighter. :cool:
Did you not order the iPhone 14 Pro last year with us? Seems like yesterday when we were tracking the iPhone together. Has it been that long already? The iPhone 12 era was such weird and tough times. Thjis Everyone was in quarantine mode. This whole world was so nervous and scared. iPhone 12 Pro/Pro Max will always remind me of the COVID era. It was just so strange. I don't know how Apple pulled it off.

You are going to love the 120Hz Pro-motion display + Dynamic Island + Periscope camera and so much more. You are up for a big surprise.

Great call with the iPhone 15 Pro Max. The battery life is going to be insane. I've been testing iOS 17 since beta 1 was out and it's solid. You are going to love it.

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
As am I. I'm not totally convinced about this "wave" stuff, though. We're creating
this completely speculative construct around the shipping of our iPhones. I suppose it's fun though and keeps us occupied, whether it's accurate or not.

As long as we all get our iPhones on time!
Have any of the Wave 2 phones actually made it to UPS? Mine is still 'label created'

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
No way! You placed your order at 0:21 and got a promised launch day delivery. Dang! You got so lucky. By that time iPhones were delayed. Which model did you order again?
I got iphone Pro Max 512GB White Titanium. I think I got 9/22 because no one wanted white? But it also looks like they don’t have as many in White because it slipped quickly to November delivery.

I got iphone Pro Max 512GB White Titanium. I think I got 9/22 because no one wanted white? But it also looks like they don’t have as many in White because it slipped quickly to November delivery.
Very nice! I think you got lucky. Excellent choice with the White Titanium.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.