Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Finally got home after a very long day at Six Flags.

My FineWoven case delivered and my first impressions of are that it does have a rain coat like feel to it but more on the soft side. It makes a vinyl like sound when I rub my fingers back and forth across it.

As far as quality goes, only time will really be able to tell that. It may hold up fine or it may teardown quickly.

It definitely is inferior to the leather cases and does not feel like it is worth $60.

I think had Apple introduced this alongside the leather instead of replacing it, at a lower price, people probably wouldn't dislike it as much.

Also, did I miss anything important in the thread? Too many pages to read through.

I did receive my iPhone tracking number early this morning.

@MrENGLISH I may have found yourself a perfect foldable iPhone. Check this out. Do you like it?

How much are you willing to pay for this foldable iPhone?

IMG_3127.JPG

IMG_3124.JPG
IMG_3125.JPG
IMG_3126.JPG

AR_Alex

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2021
So. Quick update. It seems my theory is correct. I am able to pull up the label via the reference search. But it does not show up under my choice. Seems I will need to go call UPS and have them explain themselves

e644062fea0a61a45725acb5a70c65d5.jpg

I have the same issue, I ordered at 5:02 am Friday, have had my reference screen since last night, so I’m pretty sure I’m wave 1, but nothing pops up on UPS my choice. Keep us updated on what UPS says please.

I’ve also made sure that my UPS information is 100% correct, name, number, address, etc…

Reactions: Wolfs
Folks! A ruling had been made. Final results out.

View attachment 2265297 View attachment 2265296

I think all the colors are stunningly gorgeous. But my favorite will be Natural Titanium.
2nd verdict has been made. The final results are out from different audience groups.

1694928541926.png

Another win for: Natural Titanium 👑

Last year's model iPhone 14 Pro/Pro Max (White/Silver) was stunning. Apple nailed the color. It is pure white. I'm shocked to see White Titanium iPhone is not as popular. Least popular!

DaRaider65

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2015
Lubbock, TX
And this might just be me having an old man yells at clouds moment -- but unless you don't have an Apple Store nearby, then I don't agree with bogging up UPS Stores and Customer Service Centers by changing to pickup delivery. If you have an Apple Store nearby, and can't be home for delivery, then schedule a pickup time at the Apple Store.
Lucky me. i fit in the box. im 240 miles from Albuquerque and 240 away from Fort Worth, so Only have been in an Apple Store when I cancelled my order for a Jet Black iPhone 7 and got the gray instead.

Every year, I have it held at the CC, and for the last 3, I’m the first non employee there, though they don’t open til 11am.
Last year, I brought them a dozen Krispy Kreme’s, not sure what to do this time.
I would think that maybe easier to put it on the shelf at the CC than have the driver deliver on what has to be a nightmare of a day for them.
Just my .02 worth

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Something about purchasing a hub...which I did but it never worked..so we just use the app without the voice...one day when Im very bored..I will look into it
So my MyQ Garage opener has WiFi but not Bluetooth connectivity - so I had to by an Internet gateway piece of hardware from Chamberlain that plugs into my Router. It gives the Garage Door opener an IP address that is only visible in your WiFi network.

From there, you can use the MyQ app to open/close remotely and see the status of the door and history. The next step is to make a Shortcut which allows Siri Voice commands.

Edit - Sorry, I see that you said did purchase a hub.

Last edited:

DaRaider65

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2015
Lubbock, TX
Expect an activity to hit later tonight. Not sure if they are going to Shanghai, China. Too early to determine..
Ive got 1 in wave 1 and the other in wave 2. Both blue PM256 ordered 2 minutes apart cause the caffeine hadn’t kicked in at pre pre order. Next year I’ll Pre-pare better for the pre pre order 🤪

STOCK411

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2007
I have the same issue, I ordered at 5:02 am Friday, have had my reference screen since last night, so I’m pretty sure I’m wave 1, but nothing pops up on UPS my choice. Keep us updated on what UPS says please.

I’ve also made sure that my UPS information is 100% correct, name, number, address, etc…

Hopefully will get an answer

Reactions: AR_Alex
Ive got 1 in wave 1 and the other in wave 2. Both blue PM256 ordered 2 minutes apart cause the caffeine hadn’t kicked in at pre pre order. Next year I’ll Pre-pare better for the pre pre order 🤪
Excellent- You get to enjoy the journey being on Wave 1 and Wave 2. Happy and safe travels :)

Reactions: 5105973 and Wolfs

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
To the Wave Discussion and some questions about who is where or how the waves are even "made" - I would call it "educated speculation" based on at least 3-4 years of pre-order history and how some of us have tracked these flights. Sorry, @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ - not trying to contradict you, just trying to add some (or a lot) of detail to help answer the questions. ☺️

All our iPhones can't leave on the same plane at the same time, so they naturally must go out in waves or batches.

Saturday scans were centered around common label creation, depart facility, arrived facility, departed, etc. And, we thought since those phones with history like that are at the front of the pack, they might depart mainland China today. But that doesn't seem to have happed YET (it's just about 2pm Sunday as I'm typing)...so they could leave today.

The scans today were label creations and nothing past that and they were at about 3 different times in the morning (China Time). We haven't seen them leave FoxConn and enter the bonded area for inspection/customs at Zhengzhou yet. So the assumption is that the phones getting scanned today are Wave 2 and possibly Wave 3.

There is a possibility that these waves, as we have them labeled now, may leapfrog ahead or even break up, depending on how they get scanned. Eventually, waves may be renamed as we get departure flights out of China. So we may end up starting to say we're on xxx UPS Flight, or we're on the HHMM Flight to Tokyo or Anchorage, or Seoul. We've even seen later flights flights start catching earlier flights...planes breaking down in Alaska and delaying transport.

They all end up at the UPS World Hub at Louisville. Some phones will and must get there earlier than others. If you have a 9/22 delivery date, I think we have mostly seen that Apple drives UPS to meet that commitment and even speed up some later delivery dates to make it on launch day, too.

Last edited:
To the Wave Discussion and some questions about who is where or how the waves are even "made" - I would call it "educated speculation" based on at least 3-4 years or pre-order history and how some of us have tracked these flights. Sorry, @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ - not trying to contradict you, just trying to add some (or a lot) of detail to help answer the questions. ☺️

All our iPhones can't leave on the same plane at the same time, so they naturally must go out in waves or batches.

Saturday scans were centered around common label creation, depart facility, arrived facility, departed, etc. And, we thought since those phones with history like that are at the front of the pack, they might depart mainland China today. But that doesn't seem to have happed YET (it's just about 2pm Sunday as I'm typing)...so they could leave today.

The scans today were label creations and nothing past that and they were at about 3 different times in the morning (China Time). We haven't seen them leave FoxConn and enter the bonded area for inspection/customs at Zhengzhou yet. So the assumption is that the phones getting scanned today are Wave 2 and possibly Wave 3.

There is a possibility that these waves, as we have them labeled now, may leapfrog ahead or even break up, depending on how they get scanned. Eventually, waves may be renamed as we get departure flights out of China. So we may end up starting to say we're on xxx UPS Flight, or we're on the HHMM Flight to Tokyo or Anchorage, or Seoul. We've even seen later flights flights start catching earlier flights...planes breaking down in Alaska and delaying transport.

They all end up at the UPS World Hub at Louisville. Some phones will and must get there earlier than others. If you have a 9/22 delivery date, I think we have mostly seen that Apple drives UPS to meet that commitment and even speed up some later delivery dates to make it on launch day, too.
Excellent post. Lots of good detail and spectulation. Thank you!

We'll see what's going to happen in the upcoming days. Thank you again!

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
I got iphone Pro Max 512GB White Titanium. I think I got 9/22 because no one wanted white? But it also looks like they don’t have as many in White because it slipped quickly to November delivery.
Dude, I HATE white but this year's white is not really white and contrasted with the Ti band I think it's the best color this year. That's what I got. Don't be one of the sheep. Be the sheep herder. 😉

Dude, I HATE white but this year's white is not really white and contrasted with the Ti band I think it's the best color this year. That's what I got. Don't be one of the sheep. Be the sheep herder. 😉
Check out the live video.

Natural Titanium White v/s White Titanium.

It is a little saturated from last year's model.

Nat Ti v/s Silver (iPhone 14 Pro)

F6BEDnqWAAAIrFa
F6BEDnrWIAE1_re

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.