Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Yeah he got the 16". Everyone was complaining that it's too big and heavy and after using it constantly the last several weeks, I'm not sure what kind of potent crack people are smoking. It's incredibly thin and light and portable. People need to work out more if they think it's heavy. I don't think they've ever used Windows laptops before.

As for the Vision Pro, I think it's awesome, but I need to see what developers end up doing with it before I consider buying one.
Feels way too heavy but Apple did an awesome job. It's time to upgrade to M3. I do want Apple to introduce new colors in the Macbook Pro lineup. This brings back memories.. 28:12 Volumeeeee up! 🔊🔊

Apple Vision Pro is too expensive. I don't know what Apple is thinking with a $3,500 price point. It will integrate with the iPhone 15 Pro/Pro Max very well.

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Natural Titanium is still Beskar to me 😂

mando.jpeg

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Feels way too heavy
Hit the gym!

200w.gif

It's time to upgrade to M3. I do want Apple to introduce new colors in Macbook Pro line up. This brings back memories.. 28:12 Volumeeeee up!

Yes, that is very nostalgic. I think the leap from M2 to M3 is going to be much bigger than from M1 to M2. *crosses fingers*

The M2 is a beast, though, but I'm hoping for great things for the 3nm process. They finally fixed the scalability issues with the ARM chips, so let's see where it takes us. 😁

And yes, more colors, please. If they're the same colors again, I may just get a dbrand skin.

caeruleum

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2023

First and foremost, I want to personally Thank you for being here. Welcome!

👋 How’s everyone doing? How's life treating you?

Can you believe it? It’s September already and the iPhone 15 line-up was just announced. Yes, It’s that time of the year again. It’s time to place your orders for the new iPhone 15 this coming Friday.

Yours truly,

@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️

Pre-Order Date:
Friday, September 15, 2023 at 05:00 AM (PDT)

Official Launch Date:
Friday, September 22, 2023 (All Day)

The iPhone 15 Movement...​

Once our orders move to process we should start seeing some movement to 'Preparing For Shipment' over the weekend. This usually happens Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon (PST time).

Once this happens you should be able to get details on your phone and let the tracking begin!
Here are some notes to help track orders:
If your phone status has changed to "Shipped", you can view the invoice on the Apple site.
That invoice has the serial number on it.
Go to Apple.com, then pick the ORDERS page (the little "shopping bag" icon at the far right on the home page... go to your orders page). Now, login, find your iPhone order... and click on Print All Invoices to see your shiny new iPhone serial number.
Link to track your iPhone via UPS:
https://www.ups.com/track?loc=en_US&requester=ST/

Tracking | UPS - United States

Track one or multiple packages with UPS Tracking, use your tracking number to track the status of your package.
www.ups.com
Detailed Tracking
Another way to find it, enter your phone number + zip:
Track your UPS shipments here using your reference number
If your phone number isn’t working for UPS tracking, use your order number but subtract the last two numbers/letters. For example: Say your order number is: W123456789, You'd put in: W1234567 - make sure to use the tracking by reference feature.

Link to track your iPhone.

Missed the Apple's 'Wonderlust' Event? Watch it here!

Introducing iPhone 15 Pro

iPhone 15 Inventory Checker - Apple Retail Stores

iPhone 15 Round-Up: Featured by MacRumors Staff

Previous iPhone Pre-Order Events

iPhone 14 - Pro-Order Thread

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ders-and-delivery-status-thread-2022.2357188/

iPhone 13 - Pre-Order Thread

iPhone 12 - Pre-Order Thread

Please share your thoughts on which iPhone model you plan on pre-ordering...
Which color, size, and storage?

Are you going to upgrade your iPhone 15 this year?

This thread will be updated periodically. Stay tuned!
I'm from New Zealand (a whole 15(?) hours ahead of eastern America) and I couldn't order on the official store web and app because it kept crashing on me so I had to pre order from a different store (Noel Leeming) instead. I at least thought that the app would work but I GUESS NOT. I got the Green 128GB Iphone 15 btw (the green looks really nice to me in my opinion)

serrenity20

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Georgia
I ordered my phone through in store pickup but it was in my wife's name and billing. She had used my account earlier with her card to order some watch bands. It seems that when I ordered the phone, I didn't change any of the info and it shows her as the contact for pick up and billing. We called apple and they said it couldn't be changed. Is this true? Do I need to take her ID? Can we change it before? She'll be at work at the time so she can't pick it up.

Attachments

• IMG_3718.jpeg
    IMG_3718.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 69

svish

macrumors G4
Nov 25, 2017
@svish Any updates with your iPhone? Some people had their dates moved up today. Excited you ordered a new iPhone this year. You didn't leave me hanging like last year haha! Just kidding. All love!
Checking by the hour, (by the minute 😃) but see no budging from these dates now. Wanted it on first day and now hoping for an earlier delivery.

Would like to upgrade every year but ------ 😁

serrenity20

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Georgia
Oh Godddddd.. Why do you have a Apple Watch SE? What's wrong with you lol?

Get the Apple Watch Ultra. It's an amazing watch. It's bright + 3 days of battery life + super fast.

Well order the Apple Watch Ultra 2. I'm excited to get mine. Yeah.. upgraded from Apple Watch Ultra to 2.

Orange gang!!!

View attachment 2265577
I’m thinking of trading in my iPad Pro and my watch series 8 to get the ultra 2. I don’t really use my iPad at all and I’m thinking of getting something smaller like the regular iPad next year. I have my MacBook Pro so an iPad isn’t needed right now until I go back to college next summer

Reactions: Wolfs

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Oh Godddddd.. Why do you have a Apple Watch SE? What's wrong with you lol?

Get the Apple Watch Ultra. It's an amazing watch. It's bright + 3 days of battery life + super fast.

Well order the Apple Watch Ultra 2. I'm excited to get mine. Yeah.. upgraded from Apple Watch Ultra to 2.

Orange gang!!!

View attachment 2265577
Hey, I went from a Watch Ultra to a Watch SE 2. The Ultra is just much too big for my smaller wrists. I loved the design and the build quality, I loved the features, but it just got in the way. I was waiting for the Series 9, but it doesn't / didn't wow me enough to spend the money. I might find a used Series 8 for a good price? IDK. I'm content with the SE? I know that's weird considering I can't not have the newest flagship iPhone...

Update for 9/16/2023 Wave 1 Only.

If you have "Arrived at Facility" stamp. Expect another scan to hit overnight or in the morning. Currently, you guys are sitting at the destination hub.

1694937111562.jpeg

@FlightLevel310 will be providing you with the aviation coverage once he's up. Happy and safe travels. ✈️

ATX_wapiti

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2021
Austin, TX
I’ve got my tracking populated in UPS MyChoice. Showing as “On the way” with expected deliver on 9/22 😁 Super excited to get my new device in my hands. Upgrading from a 13 Pro Max (Sierra Blue 256gb) to the 15 Pro Max (Natural Titanium 256gb). Hope everyone was able to get the device(s) they wanted!

Rubenfer

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2016
España
All of you that are in the wave 1 or 2 have Express shipping or Standard shipping? Mine stills PTS, but doesn't appear in UPS My Choice nor searching by reference.

Elohim369

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2023
I know this is a USA thread but is it generally better to just go to an Apple store and buy the phone in the beginning when order times are very long? Seems like stores get random deliveries for immediate sale, while everyone's waiting for their mail orders...

I am planning a trip to Hong Kong to buy one but not sure they will have them in stock, given that deliveries have been pushed out to November. Official sale date is 22nd, like everywhere else. I am sure the first week(s?) it will be people standing in line to resell the phones elsewhere... but usually Apple is pretty good with ramping up production so they won't be rare for long.

I wish I had some data from previous years... anyone know what time we can estimate availability in store?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.