Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Check out the live video.

Natural Titanium White v/s White Titanium.

It is a little saturated from last year's model.

Nat Ti v/s Silver (iPhone 14 Pro)

F6BEDnqWAAAIrFa
F6BEDnrWIAE1_re
I think it looks amazing. I'm excited for Friday. 😊

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
To the Wave Discussion and some questions about who is where or how the waves are even "made" - I would call it "educated speculation" based on at least 3-4 years of pre-order history and how some of us have tracked these flights. Sorry, @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ - not trying to contradict you, just trying to add some (or a lot) of detail to help answer the questions. ☺️

All our iPhones can't leave on the same plane at the same time, so they naturally must go out in waves or batches.

Saturday scans were centered around common label creation, depart facility, arrived facility, departed, etc. And, we thought since those phones with history like that are at the front of the pack, they might depart mainland China today. But that doesn't seem to have happed YET (it's just about 2pm Sunday as I'm typing)...so they could leave today.

The scans today were label creations and nothing past that and they were at about 3 different times in the morning (China Time). We haven't seen them leave FoxConn and enter the bonded area for inspection/customs at Zhengzhou yet. So the assumption is that the phones getting scanned today are Wave 2 and possibly Wave 3.

There is a possibility that these waves, as we have them labeled now, may leapfrog ahead or even break up, depending on how they get scanned. Eventually, waves may be renamed as we get departure flights out of China. So we may end up starting to say we're on xxx UPS Flight, or we're on the HHMM Flight to Tokyo or Anchorage, or Seoul. We've even seen later flights flights start catching earlier flights...planes breaking down in Alaska and delaying transport.

They all end up at the UPS World Hub at Louisville. Some phones will and must get there earlier than others. If you have a 9/22 delivery date, I think we have mostly seen that Apple drives UPS to meet that commitment and even speed up some later delivery dates to make it on launch day, too.
Yes, but where's my watch?

Was finally able to place order 1 hour after pre order opened. Got delivery for 9 Oct - 14 Oct

View attachment 2263082
@svish Any updates with your iPhone? Some people had their dates moved up today. Excited you ordered a new iPhone this year. You didn't leave me hanging like last year haha! Just kidding. All love!

• Love
Reactions: Wolfs and svish

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
I think you are going to miss last years iPhone 14 Pro (Silver). It is bright white like veneers. This year the Titanium hides the white. It's not pure white. But still looks amazing!
giphy.gif

Any variation of white I like. My favorite colors are black, red, and white. And any color combinations of these or by themselves I love. The white and the silver together look great. I've seen a lot of videos of the new Titanium White next to the 14 Pro and even though it's more muted, I still think it looks sleek and classy.

giphy.gif

Any variation of white I like. My favorite colors are black, red, and white. And any color combinations of these or by themselves I love. The white and the silver together look great. I've seen a lot of videos of the new Titanium White next to the 14 Pro and even though it's more muted, I still think it looks sleek and classy.
Alright, you win! White is your color. I'm so excited for you to have your White Titanium iPhone. I hope you plan on using the periscope camera.

Reactions: svish

LK2020

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2020
I hadn't gone to bed yet and had to check ONE MORE TIME before turning everything off just to see if there were any updates on tracking and. . . FINALLY, a little progress. :) I now have a partial tracking number when I searched by my phone number, just not the full number in UPS MyChoice yet. But hey, that's progress, so I'll say good night all and see you later on today with hopefully a full tracking number to report. Have a good night! :)

I'll be ordering the Ultra 2 later this year after I get a few new gigs. I'll be upgrading from the garbage Apple Watch SE. Quite a bit upgrade.
Oh Godddddd.. Why do you have a Apple Watch SE? What's wrong with you lol?

Get the Apple Watch Ultra. It's an amazing watch. It's bright + 3 days of battery life + super fast.

Well order the Apple Watch Ultra 2. I'm excited to get mine. Yeah.. upgraded from Apple Watch Ultra to 2.

Orange gang!!!

1694932522571.png

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Oh Godddddd.. Why do you have a Apple Watch SE? What's wrong with you lol?

Get the Apple Watch Ultra. It's an amazing watch..

Well order the Apple Watch Ultra 2. I'm excited to get mine. Orange gang!!!

View attachment 2265577
Because it's all I could afford at the time. Gosh! I can feel the judginess just emanating off of you! Now that I'm making way more money ...

200w.gif

Because it's all I could afford at the time. Gosh! I can feel the judginess just emanating off of you! Now that I'm making way more money ...

giphy.gif
Hhahahah! Did you end up ordering a M2 Macbook? I know you were planning on upgrading that too. Also, do you like the Apple Vision Pro? What are your thoughts on that.

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Hhahahah! Did you end up ordering a M2 Macbook? I know you were planning on upgrading that too. Also, do you like the Apple Vision Pro? What are your thoughts on that.
Ew you quoted my broken GIF before I could fix it. Ewwwwwwwwww.

I'm waiting for the M3 MacBook Pro next year. My buddy works with me and just got the maxed out M2 Max with 64 GB of RAM and a 4TB SSD and we've been rendering our 4K projects off that for now. The M1 Air will suffice for now, but I'm going to go all out on the M3 next year. Plus it'll be a write off.

giphy.gif

Ew you quoted my broken GIF before I could fix it. Ewwwwwwwwww.

I'm waiting for the M3 MacBook Pro next year. My buddy works with me and just got the maxed out M2 Max with 64 GB of RAM and a 4TB SSD and we've been rendering our 4K projects off that for now. The M1 Air will suffice for now, but I'm going to go all out on the M3 next year. Plus it'll be a write off.

giphy.gif
Write off- The best part.

I'm planning on upgrading my M1 Macbook Pro too. Waiting for the M3 Macbook Pro 16" model as well. I think it's going to be a beast. I feel like this M1 Macbook Pro is outdated now.

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Write off- The best part.

I'm planning on upgrading my M1 Macbook Pro too. Waiting for the M3 Macbook Pro 16" model as well. I think it's going to be a beast. I feel like this M1 Macbook Pro is outdated now.
Yeah he got the 16". Everyone was complaining that it's too big and heavy and after using it constantly the last several weeks, I'm not sure what kind of potent crack people are smoking. It's incredibly thin and light and portable. People need to work out more if they think it's heavy. I don't think they've ever used Windows laptops before.

As for the Vision Pro, I think it's awesome, but I need to see what developers end up doing with it before I consider buying one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.