Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

ATX_wapiti

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2021
Austin, TX
All of you that are in the wave 1 or 2 have Express shipping or Standard shipping? Mine stills PTS, but doesn't appear in UPS My Choice nor searching by reference.
They donā€™t typically offer to sell you express shipping when you preorder through Apple. Mine is set to show up on 9/22 with standard shipping. It will actually ship via UPS Worldwide Express Saver. There is always a day lag with the scans because China is on the other side of the date line from us here in the US. So sometimes thatā€™s why thereā€™s a lag.

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
Got my origin scan for 9/22 delivery šŸ™Œ

In other news, Apple no longer lets you even try to check stock for in-store pickup in nyc for the pro max. It just shows ā€œin-store availability on 9/22ā€

IMG_2343.jpeg

I guess that means people can camp out in front of stores like old times?

Lex404

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)
Jokes aside, camping in front of Apple Stores would be a totally immersive American experience for me, as a tourist šŸ¤£

I noticed that yesterday and ended up ordering the normal pro.

It's either people ordered a lot of duplicates, keeping the store one as backup in case the deliveries are delayed, or Apple got annoyed by people like me refreshing the inventory for 20 stores every 30 seconds to fish an iPhone šŸ¤£

Rubenfer

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2016
EspaƱa
They donā€™t typically offer to sell you express shipping when you preorder through Apple. Mine is set to show up on 9/22 with standard shipping. It will actually ship via UPS Worldwide Express Saver. There is always a day lag with the scans because China is on the other side of the date line from us here in the US. So sometimes thatā€™s why thereā€™s a lag.
I know. However my order is placed with Express shipping. I don't know the reason Apple choose Express or Standard

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Im curious about the fastest way to transfer all data from old devices to the new iPhone 15/Plus/Pro/Pro Max? Will it now be with a USB-C to lightning cable (is this even possible) or side-by-side transfer via wifi? šŸ¤”

Reactions: Wolfs and CarolG

Lex404

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)
I have around 230 apps.... but lots are trash and/ or leftovers.
Vacation somewhere new? Here's 5 airline app, 3 hotel chains, local restaurants, attractions, etc. With ~3 vacations per year, this adds up cos I never get to delete them :))

I actually counted the *very essential* apps: 27. Everything else is trash.

Also, most apps store data in their own cloud (e.g. Google, slack, x, banks, etc) yet they count towards icloud cos they have some "app data". This app data it shouldn't be backed up. For example, Genshin Impact has 20GB of "app data", but that's the entire game because it downloads from their server and not from apple store. Save games are still stored online on their servers.

So my plan:
Erase everything before receiving the new 15 Pro
Install and configure the 27 essential apps
Create a backup, this backup should be very slim

Doing this because when I got the 13 Pro Max I stayed 4-5 hours in Apple store 5th ave and still couldn't restore from my 100GB backup of trash :)) + apps installs are not saved in backups anymore (even on itunes backup), so it will start to download all apps.

I added my planned method in another topic... depends what you have on your device

Reactions: Wolfs

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Can the action button handle different actions based on how you press it?

Would make sense that a single press, double, or holding should be programmable.

Based on the YT video by MKBHD, in settings you can choose the desired action for the button.

Hopefully in a future iOS update it could also have the option for different type of actions based on single press, double, triple or hold.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.