Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Chele

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Illinois
My 15 Pro in Blue 256 finally showed up in UPS! I see some other folks are traveling with me. Are we still in wave 2? I’ve lost track.

Attachments

• IMG_1294.jpeg
    IMG_1294.jpeg
    256.9 KB · Views: 63
Good morning! Happy Sunday,

I just woke up. Luckily, I was able to get 4 hours of sleep. It is September 17, 2023, at 5:00 AM sharp. I can't believe it's Sunday already. Where did this weekend go? Back to work tomorrow. So I hope today is going to be a long day. 🙌🏻

I'm glad to see movement for Wave 2 - 9/17 folks. Looks like overnight they were able to get the scans in and out. Still, no progress made for Wave 1.

It looks like 👨‍✈️ @FlightLevel310 will be having a flight briefing shortly. Really looking forward to that. Hopefully, everyone is going to have a great day today. Hang in there!

For Photo of the Day, I wanted to add something different. One of a kind! This place is dear to my heart.

The photo (below) was taken on February 19, 2023, at 10:20 AM with my iPhone 14 Pro Max.

💦 Snoqualmie Falls, Seattle, Washington.

1694952334279.jpeg

Lmd700

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2022
First time pre ordering I usually pick up the new models a month after release. But was excited for the blue titanium , sorry if this has already been answered but I did pick up on launch day at my local apple store, will I not see shipping progress? It just says processing and I got it at 8:10 east coast time, thank you

EW800

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2012
Good Morning! My PM 512 Blue is still just showing as “Preparing to Ship” in the Apple app, however still shows as delivers 9/22. Should I be concerned at all not see any shipping info yet? Appears many people are seeing shipping info. Thanks!

I'm very pleased to announce I have been assigned a tracking number. Both of my iPhone 15 Pro Max 1TB Nat Ti + Blue have a 9/16/2023 date stamp. They are also en route.

Last night I also checked the UPS App and it looks like the tracking number populated. Throughout the day it wasn't populating I’m not sure what took so long but it looks like UPS App was acting up. The good thing is both of my iPhones are traveling together. Safely. Hopefully, they will depart from China today. Let's see.

Natural Titanium iPhone 15 Pro Max 1TB

IMG_3193.jpeg

Blue Titanium iPhone 15 Pro Max 1TB

IMG_3194.jpeg

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
9/16 - Wave 1 is one day ahead of 9/17 - Wave 2. We will find out if Wave 1 and Wave 2 will be departing from China together. Personally, I don't think they will. I think Wave 1 will depart first because they have more scanning set in place.
Both of my orders now have the “Arrived at Facility” status. This lends a bit of credence to the possibility of both waves leaving at the same time.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
First time pre ordering I usually pick up the new models a month after release. But was excited for the blue titanium , sorry if this has already been answered but I did pick up on launch day at my local apple store, will I not see shipping progress? It just says processing and I got it at 8:10 east coast time, thank you
For in store pick up you will not see the shipping progress. Wednesday or Thursday should expect a charge and you will just get the ready for pick up email late Thursday.

Reactions: lazyrighteye

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
I’m 100% certain Apple thought about letting the action button have double click and triple click activate different actions.

They probably want to introduce the new feature with as little complication as possible so that it’s easy enough for millions of users to understand. I’m sure the functionality will evolve over time.
Exactly. There are (at least) three things happening here.

1. Any time Apple introduces anything, that anything will be used by bazillions of people. The concept that it “just works,” only gets more difficult the larger their user-base grows. The gradient of use has never been more broad. How each person uses their products has never been more complex. Apple knows this and it’s definitely part of their increasingly complex consideration set. It’s partly why they can seem late to the party.

2. Anyone making products for bazillions of users knows you have to think in iterative terms. Just because you can think it does not necessarily mean you implement it. Have a cool idea for how users can do something? Awesome. Gold star. Now, how do you present that cool idea in a way that a bazillion people will find intuitive? Can the cool new thing be something that slowly evolves over time? Did they think about long-press, single-press, double-press, triple-press, etc. for the Action Button? 100%. I would not be surprised if multi-press comes to an iOS update down the road. Or maybe it comes with iPhone Pro 16. But it’s coming.

3. Even when frustrated by what May seem a glaring omission, that generates engagement, discourse, etc. It’s the purpose of this site. It’s a very real part of the game. And nobody plays the game getter than Apple.

I could be wrong - would not be the first time. But I’m confident that selling products that must evolve/improve over time, with the level of success Apple has enjoyed, doesn’t just happen. It’s WAY MORE COMPLICATED than most can imagine. Which is why Apple’s performance over all these years is so staggering. Will be studied, applauded, criticized, debated and mimicked for a long time. If they gave us everything possible in one device, they’d not be around for years to come. They gotta trickle. And again, they’re masters of the trickle.

Last edited:
View attachment 2265724
Exists under my phone number and W number (minus last 2 digits) now online, unlike yesterday. No sign of it in the app just yet (and also 0 details yet). Hopefully very soon!
Congratulations! UPS tracking number was finally assigned. Try logging in and out from the App also use the Desktop version to see if you can see the tracking number. I’m sure you have a UPS myChoice account set up already.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Good Morning! My PM 512 Blue is still just showing as “Preparing to Ship” in the Apple app, however still shows as delivers 9/22. Should I be concerned at all not see any shipping info yet? Appears many people are seeing shipping info. Thanks!
You will get it on 22. Apple webstiee won’t change status to shipped till at least Wednesday. If you have UPSMychoice it will show up there. If you have a matching address and phone number that is.

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Question: What will you use the new Action Button for? 🤔

View attachment 2265458

View attachment 2265459

Silent mode on/off
Turn the flashlight on/off
Run a shortcut
Start Voice Memo
Accessibility
Launch Camera app
Turn on/off Focus mode
So first of all I apologize for being so far behind. A Saturday filled with a kid’s soccer tournament and the other kid’s sports has pushed me way behind. And without an ups account, I only get limited tracking info. So yes I am boring.

But I wanted to say I’m not sure I really like this action button. Mute/Unmute has been such an intuitive thing for how I use the phone for..literally ever. And now say my phone is on for the weekend or whatever and then I flip the action button to camera or whatever because sometimes I am ‘team photographer’, then my phone rings or makes sounds that I want to mute, it appears to be much more clunky. But I can adapt of course and won’t really know until Friday. Of course. But so far not excited. It seems somehow ‘limited’.

Last edited:
No movement! I don't think anyone here has left China. I have a feeling customs clearance is in place as I speak. It takes a good 12-24+ hours to be completed.

9/16 Wave 1 iPhones will be departing today. But I have no evidence to back this up. Pure speculation. Will wait for @FlightLevel310 flight briefing. I’m sure he’s tracking the UPS planes.

nunzio23

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
No movement! I don't think anyone here has left China. I have a feeling customs clearance is in place as I speak. It takes a good 12-24+ hours to be completed.

9/16 Wave 1 iPhones will be departing today. But I have no evidence to back this up. Pure speculation. Will wait for @FlightLevel310 flight briefing. I’m sure he’s tracking the UPS planes.
Great. I'm on wave 1 with you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.