Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

TruthWatcher412

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I’ve been using the AfterShip App. It’s been very reliable for me. Let me know what you think of it.
Thanks that’s actually what I use too lol. I kept getting random notifications for my phone saying it’s updating but no ups update so wasn’t sure if it was the app or me missing something 😂

JWorld127

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
You can't track orders ordered through AT&T since they are bulk orders from China to AT&T Fulfillment centers and then broken down and labeled for individuals.

You will be able to track beginning on Thursday afternoon when Labels are printed. You should also receive an eMail from AT&T Thursday after about 3 PM CT with an update on activation process and a tracking number. It may ship via UPS or FedEx.

Dave
Thanks bud!

Thanks that’s actually what I use too lol. I kept getting random notifications for my phone saying it’s updating but no ups update so wasn’t sure if it was the app or me missing something 😂
🤫 Shh! It reports internal UPS scans. UPS App doesn’t show that until the full transcript gets released by Thursday evening.

Have you also tried Parcel and Deliveries App? I also recommend those. They are very good.

Last edited:

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
That’s the way to do it. I think I’m just going to set mine up for Silent Mode only. I haven’t been using the action button on my Apple Watch Ultra at all. Sometimes I forget it’s even there.

I hope the Action Button does not end up like the Touch Bar. Apple likes to hype things up. Time will tell. Apple

One thing or way I’m looking at it is, since my iPhone is always on silent and I can change that with the volume buttons, I may assign the new action button the camera since it probably one of my most used. Aside from the ringtone days where I wanted everyone to hear my custom ringtones, everything is silent, even my Apple Watch Ultra, so I can’t think of when my iPhone 15 Pro Max wouldn’t be on silent?

My work iPhone is the only one I keep with the sound on, but notifications and rings aren’t that frequent as my personal.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
So I'm thinking of ordering another charging cable, because from the images on the Apple website it doesn't look like the tops near the charging port are reinforced like some of the other Apple cables have been and this one that we're getting doesn't appear to be woven either and I think a woven once with a reinforcement will last longer.

I've found these ones on Amazon from Anker - https://www.amazon.com/Anker-2-Pack...CJPZ1P/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

I'll be honest I've never used any cables or chargers that aren't Apple in the past so are these reliable and will they cause any issues with the phones? I know before some people have blamed 3rd party cables and chargers on bricking their devices and I don't need that.

Thanks all. :)
Anker cables are very good and I like them more than Apple because they’ve always been more durable. I ordered the 10 feet version of that cable!

TruthWatcher412

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I think it’s still stuck in china but see Ky mentioned, I guess that’s where it’s headed
1694955368719.png

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Question: What will you use the new Action Button for? 🤔

View attachment 2265458

View attachment 2265459

Silent mode on/off
Turn the flashlight on/off
Run a shortcut
Start Voice Memo
Accessibility
Launch Camera app
Turn on/off Focus mode

I honestly have no idea, and I think that’s why I’ve been pretty indifferent about the Action Button so far. I think I need to make an effort to explore my options because I know there is a nice quality of life potential improvement there.

The camera and flashlight buttons on the Lock Screen are already muscle memory for me and easier to reach than the Action Button, so I won’t use those. But my phone is always on silent 99% of the time and on DND a lot of the time, so I don’t really care that the mute switch is going away other than for nostalgia and tactile reasons.

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
🤫 Shh! It reports internal UPS scans. UPS App doesn’t show that until the full transcript gets released by a Thursday evening.

Have you also tried Parcel and Deliveries App? I also recommend those. They are very good.
Wasn't there a blinds or carpet seller that had a better online UPS tracking system that showed everything? I think we used to use something like that.

I think it’s still stuck in china but see Ky mentioned, I guess that’s where it’s headed
View attachment 2265746
Thank you for posting this. Looks like Custom Cleareance was in progress at some point. I think you are just waiting to be departed from China. I have a feeling you will be out today. Your scans are way ahead of ours.

Reactions: svish
Wasn't there a blinds or carpet seller that had a better online UPS tracking system that showed everything? I think we used to use something like that.
Yes sir! It was the AfterShip App. But you have to know how to use it because it reports everything thus can confuse people with what's actually going on in the real time.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Update for 9/16/2023 Wave 1 Only.

If you have "Arrived at Facility" stamp. Expect another scan to hit overnight or in the morning. Currently, you guys are sitting at the destination hub.

View attachment 2265596

@FlightLevel310 will be providing you with the aviation coverage once he's up. Happy and safe travels. ✈️
I still have a few pages to catch up on but as of 9:04am ET, my Wave 1 tracking hasn’t changed. 🤨
IMG_7377.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.