Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Has anyone’s shipment departed China Mainland yet?

I wonder if we’ll see any leapfrogging this year as in some previous years between Origin scans and Departed scans…

09/17/2023
6:22 P.M.
On the Way
Arrived at Facility
ZhengZhou, China
09/17/2023
6:00 P.M.
Departed from Facility
ZhengZhou, China
09/17/2023
11:18 A.M.
Origin Scan
ZhengZhou, China
09/17/2023
10:06 A.M.
Label Created
Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.
China

dsmill

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
I have tracking info. Now just to waiting to get full info.

IMG_0402.jpeg

rjruiz2

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2014
Has anyone’s shipment departed China Mainland yet?

I wonder if we’ll see any leapfrogging this year as in some previous years between Origin scans and Departed scans…

09/17/2023
6:22 P.M.
On the Way
Arrived at Facility
ZhengZhou, China
09/17/2023
6:00 P.M.
Departed from Facility
ZhengZhou, China
09/17/2023
11:18 A.M.
Origin Scan
ZhengZhou, China
09/17/2023
10:06 A.M.
Label Created
China
Nope, just checked mine.
9/16/2023
10:30 PM
On the Way
Arrived at Facility
ZhengZhou, China Mainland
9/16/2023
09:50 PM

Departed from Facility
9/16/2023
04:11 PM
Label Created
China Mainland
9/16/2023
11:49 AM

Origin Scan

TruthWatcher412

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Nope, just checked mine.
9/16/2023
10:30 PM
On the Way
Arrived at Facility
9/16/2023
09:50 PM

Departed from Facility
9/16/2023
04:11 PM
Label Created
China Mainland
9/16/2023
11:49 AM

Origin Scan
Same status as me from 9/16

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Typical of Apple to not think of that.. sigh..

I'll definitely send them some feedback requesting it.
I’m 100% certain Apple thought about letting the action button have double click and triple click activate different actions.

They probably want to introduce the new feature with as little complication as possible so that it’s easy enough for millions of users to understand. I’m sure the functionality will evolve over time.

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
I’ll have an updated briefing on the flight later this morning. It looks like we won’t see our phones on a flight until early afternoon (US central time) on Monday. This is just speculation on what I can see so far with flights. Sometimes they pop up out of nowhere with this international to international deal.

Tb87Bln

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2016
I know this is a USA thread but is it generally better to just go to an Apple store and buy the phone in the beginning when order times are very long? Seems like stores get random deliveries for immediate sale, while everyone's waiting for their mail orders...

I am planning a trip to Hong Kong to buy one but not sure they will have them in stock, given that deliveries have been pushed out to November. Official sale date is 22nd, like everywhere else. I am sure the first week(s?) it will be people standing in line to resell the phones elsewhere... but usually Apple is pretty good with ramping up production so they won't be rare for long.

I wish I had some data from previous years... anyone know what time we can estimate availability in store?
The apple stores get restocks regularly (but not all phones each day so you might have to wait a couple of days for the “right” one). I don’t know if they keep some on the side for walk ups or if you can reserve all of them for “in store pick up”.

That’s what I did last year. Mid October delivery dates were still deep down in November. So I checked each morning if my desired phone combo was back in stock and available for in Store pickup. When it finally did, I reserved it and picked it up in the afternoon. It took me 3-4 days instead of 2-3 weeks waiting for the delivery.

I am not exactly sure if it is known “when” exactly the inventory is updated…
Maybe some more “pro” people can help out there…

But I think I checked a couple of times just before/after posted opening time.

efjarvis

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2023
Woke up to 20 new pages! Finally caught up and happy to have joined the Wave 2 Club!

I checked the reference tracking first and was pleasantly surprised my attempt to create a UPS account for my work address actually worked. I’ve got the tracking number already saved to Parcel. Let the stalking begin!

bhall110

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
The apple stores get restocks regularly (but not all phones each day so you might have to wait a couple of days for the “right” one). I don’t know if they keep some on the side for walk ups or if you can reserve all of them for “in store pick up”.

That’s what I did last year. Mid October delivery dates were still deep down in November. So I checked each morning if my desired phone combo was back in stock and available for in Store pickup. When it finally did, I reserved it and picked it up in the afternoon. It took me 3-4 days instead of 2-3 weeks waiting for the delivery.

I am not exactly sure if it is known “when” exactly the inventory is updated…
Maybe some more “pro” people can help out there…

But I think I checked a couple of times just before/after posted opening time.
I have been told that when they receive inventory and scan it in then it will update and be available for reservation.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Got my origin scan for 9/22 delivery 🙌

In other news, Apple no longer lets you even try to check stock for in-store pickup in nyc for the pro max. It just shows “in-store availability on 9/22”

View attachment 2265606

I guess that means people can camp out in front of stores like old times?
For the pro max that is. For the Pro the in store option is still there.

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
Hey, I went from a Watch Ultra to a Watch SE 2. The Ultra is just much too big for my smaller wrists. I loved the design and the build quality, I loved the features, but it just got in the way. I was waiting for the Series 9, but it doesn't / didn't wow me enough to spend the money. I might find a used Series 8 for a good price? IDK. I'm content with the SE? I know that's weird considering I can't not have the newest flagship iPhone...
I totally agree. The Ultra Watch is too big for me as well. I just ordered the AW9 in gold stainless steel. I’ve always wanted the shiny one! Thiis will be my 6th AW since the series 0.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.